vel

Mark of a Great Team

79 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Team showed a lot of resolve today.  They could have easily started seeing ghosts and went into the tank when Detroit got the ball back at the end.  They could have easily thrown their hands up and just said today's not our day when Tru got that P.I. to put the ball on the one yard line.

I loved every second of it.  I loved seeing the hardship because that's where you really find out what type of team you have.  This is how you find out if you have championship mettle.

The 2017 Falcons have more of my confidence than any other unit they've fielded in a long time... 16 included.

All this. The lions got 6 million shots to get in the end zone at the end and never got it. Proud of the way that defense dug in. Sucked for the Lions to lose that way but as my dad used to say "that's part of it."

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Team showed a lot of resolve today.  They could have easily started seeing ghosts and went into the tank when Detroit got the ball back at the end.  They could have easily thrown their hands up and just said today's not our day when Tru got that P.I. to put the ball on the one yard line.

I loved every second of it.  I loved seeing the hardship because that's where you really find out what type of team you have.  This is how you find out if you have championship mettle.

The 2017 Falcons have more of my confidence than any other unit they've fielded in a long time... 16 included.

Gosh @PeytonMannings Forehead I could not agree more completely with a post... 

This team has the resilience to beat any adversity or adversary!

Just now, Butudontseeme™ said:

All this. The lions got 6 million shots to get in the end zone at the end and never got it. Proud of the way that defense dug in. Sucked for the Lions to lose that way but as my dad used to say "that's part of it."

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that Falcon teams of the past would have failed there. Zero. This team is going to fight until the very end. Twice now we've been in a situation where former teams would have lost.

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I did, I'm not gonna lie... I said game over when that PI, glad I was inactive today... LOL

papachaz and Godzilla1985 like this

We also have become a very unselfish team that does not have individual players crying about not getting enough targets or rushes.  We also have civilized end zone celebrations without looking like idiots.

And we also found a unified way to handle the media-hyped political situation of the day without it impacting our game.  Watch Oakland lose tonight and them blame their loss on political pressures.

TheFalcoholic and Godzilla1985 like this

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I don't see a team in the league that can compete with us man. New England included.

Really? That's a bold statement. The team could easily be 1-2. I mean I get it, I think we're good too. But we can be beat. We've got some stuff to work on. But it's all good, it's still September. I still think they'll be Super Bowl champs in February. 

I know, I know, I'm being a buzz kill

Tim Mazetti and GANDI like this

And let's not gloss over the fact that Detroit is a very good team.  On the road, -3 turnover margin, mind-boggling number of false starts and we win.  I certainly won't apologize for such a win.  Just imagine how we will look when firing on all cylinders for 4 quarters.  Still just scratching the surface.  

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I don't see a team in the league that can compete with us man. New England included.

Your fanship blinding you a bit?  We could easily be 1-2, easily.  I'm confident, and we're a very good team, but to say there isn't ONE team in the league that can compete with us is stupid.

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And let's not gloss over the fact that Detroit is a very good team.  On the road, -3 turnover margin, mind-boggling number of false starts and we win.  I certainly won't apologize for such a win.  Just imagine how we will look when firing on all cylinders for 4 quarters.  Still just scratching the surface.  

I came here to say this. -3 turnover differential on the road with one being a pick 6, and the other two fluky tipped balls, we should not have been even been in the game let alone had a chance to win. But they could not stop our offense. and couldn't get drives going against the defense without a phantom holding call on trufant on 3rd and 30.

I have no doubt in my mind we showed we are the much better team and I think 9 times out of 10 we beat them. That was their best chance at beating us and they still couldn't get it.

Edited by CellarBoor

We’ll prolly hear a lot tomorrow about Detroit getting shafted and Ryan having his worst game in recent memory. But think about this....Our defense basically won that game in the fourth quarter playing keep away. Not to mention our offense had 100+ yards rushing and put up 30 points, while giving up three interceptions, one being a pick six. Anyway you wanna draw it up, that’s impressive Football against a d@mn good Lions team at their house.

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Really? That's a bold statement. The team could easily be 1-2. I mean I get it, I think we're good too. But we can be beat. We've got some stuff to work on. But it's all good, it's still September. I still think they'll be Super Bowl champs in February. 

I know, I know, I'm being a buzz kill

without turnovers this game is 30-9 dude.

vel and falconsd56 like this

5 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

Your fanship blinding you a bit?  We could easily be 1-2, easily.  I'm confident, and we're a very good team, but to say there isn't ONE team in the league that can compete with us is stupid.

Why??? Use your words to elaborate. 

Godzilla1985 likes this

5 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

we also could have easily won today 44-16.. not saying nobody can compete but we were inches away from dropping a 40 burger on the lions today

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

we also could have easily won today 44-16.. not saying nobody can compete but we were inches away from dropping a 40 burger on the lions today

If you take away points from turnovers it's 30-9. If we clean that up it's done.

Godzilla1985 likes this

and just like that, the Raiders are a great team IMO but the Redskins are putting it on them. they are literally punching them in the mouth. I think this team is slowly being built to be delivering punches consistently

CellarBoor and Marco102 like this

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

without turnovers this game is 30-9 dude.

I know, but the turnovers still happened man. 3 costly mental errors. 2 stupid penalties at the end of the game. (I know the first call on Tru was dumb, but it still happened). Bottom line is, our team has given their opponent a chance to win 2 out of 3 games this season. And to your point, it shouldn't have been that way, but it was. 

I'm reminded of a good veteran pitcher in baseball, the expression is you better get him early. He may struggle first couple of innings, but them he'll settle down.

If you don't get the falcons  in these  first few games, you won't get them later in the year. They'll get better as the year goes on. Ryan will start hitting those deep passes, they take better angles and make better tackles on defense. Soon, they are going to obliterate a team.

vel, sonnyjim and CellarBoor like this

8 minutes ago, atlndvd said:

Patriots could easily be 1-2. They are 2-1 barely against a rookie QB 

raiders are getting smoked. 

Stillers got smoked

carolina got smoked 

Ravens got blown up.  

Falcons?   Falcons won.  We're 3-0 no asterisk, no half win...a win.  

Rhodaric, CellarBoor, gazoo and 5 others like this