Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robb4242

Shout out to Poole

36 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

I don't know what it is, but Poole and Campbell came back this year with a certain nastiness to their game. I still wonder how Poole went undrafted. He was a well known talent at DBU. It's like everyone focused on Hargreaves and Neal that year and just forgot about Poole.

Love this comment , both those guys balled today , no dislike of any other players, but you are correct about these 2,  

Beast-N-Da-Sheetz likes this

My favorite play was the Stafford hit because Poole shaded him to the inside so he couldn't run out of bounds and then thumped his ***. Stafford was pissed. You could see him get up and say something to Poole about it afterwards. Thats the dog all of our defensive players need to play with. 

2 hours ago, TrueFalcon316 said:

People on here are so funny I swear no disrespect to Poole cause I like him, he is a excellent player but the same plays Tru get killed on here about people act like they are blind when it comes to Poole. Poole gets beat on back shoulder throws and hitch routes same as Tru but why is Tru getting the hate and Poole getting the love??? I don't get it 

Everybody gets beat.  Back shoulder throws are especially hard to defend. Tru just isn't playing the same as he has in the past and Poole has stepped it up.  One thing I see, Tru had 2 penalties in 9 games last year, 1 of the 2 was a delay of game, so pre-snap.  This year, he's already been flagged 4 times in 3 games (2 holding, 2 PI).  He's either gotten grabby or he is getting called on plays that he hasn't in the past.  Poole hasn't been flagged yet this season.  Poole is also out there hittin' folk, he's got  22 tackles through 3 games compared to Tru's 8.  Don't know if Tru really trusts his shoulder/chest yet, but he seems to be shying away from contact if possible.  That'll come back the more games he plays though. 

I'm not trying to disrespect Trufant or Alford, just giving love to a guy who you can tell put in the offseason work both on the field and in the film room to improve. 

Poole is fantastic at the line of scrimmage and behind the line of scrimmage. He isn't the best coverage guy down field and has given up or been beat several times. Including this game. He sniffs out a screen or pick like a blood hound and is as physical as Keanu Neal at times. A physical and heady player. The kind of guy championship teams need. I don't really like seeing him down field though

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

4 hours ago, Clark Kent™ said:

My favorite play was the Stafford hit because Poole shaded him to the inside so he couldn't run out of bounds and then thumped his ***. Stafford was pissed. You could see him get up and say something to Poole about it afterwards. Thats the dog all of our defensive players need to play with. 

It seems Stafford might have wanted the extra yards without the hit by going out of bounds. Poole forced him to choose between the extra yards and avoiding the hit by sliding. Stafford chose the yards and Poole made him pay the price.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

8 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

I've watched that last play over and over multiple times.  It was definitely the right call by the refs, but ONLY because Poole made one **** of a play.  I really don't understand our D sometimes.  Alford was lined up in the endzone on the snap and immediately took 2 steps back so that he was 2-3 yards deep and he was late reacting to the drag route.  I know he wants to avoid the pick, but he was way too deep there.  He wasn't going to make a stop on Tate and he would have bounced in the endzone untouched given that we were playing man.  But Poole recognized immediately what was going on and came off his man to get a hand on Tate before the ball crossed and saved the game for us.  It's not the first time he's stepped up big this year.  IMO, Poole has pretty much outplayed both Tru and Alford so far.  That's without watching full 22's.  Just from a watch & react from what we've seen on TV, he's been our best corner so far this season.  So a big shout out to Poole for his play this year.

He's having a really good season. Has definitely taken a step from last year.

3 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

Everybody gets beat.  Back shoulder throws are especially hard to defend. Tru just isn't playing the same as he has in the past and Poole has stepped it up.  One thing I see, Tru had 2 penalties in 9 games last year, 1 of the 2 was a delay of game, so pre-snap.  This year, he's already been flagged 4 times in 3 games (2 holding, 2 PI).  He's either gotten grabby or he is getting called on plays that he hasn't in the past.  Poole hasn't been flagged yet this season.  Poole is also out there hittin' folk, he's got  22 tackles through 3 games compared to Tru's 8.  Don't know if Tru really trusts his shoulder/chest yet, but he seems to be shying away from contact if possible.  That'll come back the more games he plays though. 

I'm not trying to disrespect Trufant or Alford, just giving love to a guy who you can tell put in the offseason work both on the field and in the film room to improve. 

Trufant does NOT want to tackle. Has stayed flat footed all 3 games when he is in a position to tackle. It's like you can read his mind. "Please get him Deon, please get him.... oh shyt!"

57 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Poole and Campbell have taken huge leaps. TD straight up robbed the rest of the NFL.

ya bro don't forget about Grady "5th Round Pick" Jarrett

Colin_Pernett likes this