Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Robb4242

Shout out to Poole

36 posts in this topic

I think Poole has been outstanding and never gets the credit he deserves.  He also played the slot agressively and led the team in tackles today......Loves to get dirty and plays well in the box.........Kudos to Dan Quinn and staff for putting Poole in a position to excell when everyone knows his speed is less than stellar.  One of the few players where his insticts and positioning overcome less than stellar speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are y'all serious? Poole is not that good. I saw 2 crucial plays where he could've defended the pass but could not jump off the ground. What kind of DB can't get off the ground? Also that one play where he was just lost and all turned around just holding on for life. SMH

shock likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

One thing I can say, we got some DB's that can lay the wood. 

Yes, finally. This defense has the chance to be something special. Quinn and company are finding the right pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

Yes, finally. This defense has the chance to be something special. Quinn and company are finding the right pieces.

Campell has balled out so far this year, but Jones' missed tackles are a little worrisome. He had a few bad ones today. 

slimjim and Total Package like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Campell has balled out so far this year, but Jones' missed tackles are a little worrisome. He had a few bad ones today. 

True. But they are young and will start to gel better as time goes on. Campbell is the truth, and although Jones missed some bad ones today I think he will be fine. I can't remember who he hit that one time after he drew a bogus flag, but he smoked that guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

True. But they are young and will start to gel better as time goes on. Campbell is the truth, and although Jones missed some bad ones today I think we will be fine. I can't remember who he hit that one time after he drew a bogus flag, but he smoked that guy.

Yeah that was another bogus call. Really just a terribly officiated game for both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching SNF. . . I am sick of ppl saying the Falcons should be 1 - 2. That could be said for any team. That's just the way it is. NE should be 3 - 4 in the SB under the Brady-Belichick era. 

shoulda coulda woulda. . . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

I've watched that last play over and over multiple times.  It was definitely the right call by the refs, but ONLY because Poole made one **** of a play.  I really don't understand our D sometimes.  Alford was lined up in the endzone on the snap and immediately took 2 steps back so that he was 2-3 yards deep and he was late reacting to the drag route.  I know he wants to avoid the pick, but he was way too deep there.  He wasn't going to make a stop on Tate and he would have bounced in the endzone untouched given that we were playing man.  But Poole recognized immediately what was going on and came off his man to get a hand on Tate before the ball crossed and saved the game for us.  It's not the first time he's stepped up big this year.  IMO, Poole has pretty much outplayed both Tru and Alford so far.  That's without watching full 22's.  Just from a watch & react from what we've seen on TV, he's been our best corner so far this season.  So a big shout out to Poole for his play this year.

Yep, it is getting over looked that not only did they not get in, but Poole made the play that didn't allow them to get in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halcon-1 said:

Watching SNF. . . I am sick of ppl saying the Falcons should be 1 - 2. That could be said for any team. That's just the way it is. NE should be 3 - 4 in the SB under the Brady-Belichick era. 

shoulda coulda woulda. . . . 

If a frog had wings they wouldn't bump their azz on the ground.

Halcon-1, MACK4ttACK and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robb4242 said:

I've watched that last play over and over multiple times.  It was definitely the right call by the refs, but ONLY because Poole made one **** of a play.  I really don't understand our D sometimes.  Alford was lined up in the endzone on the snap and immediately took 2 steps back so that he was 2-3 yards deep and he was late reacting to the drag route.  I know he wants to avoid the pick, but he was way too deep there.  He wasn't going to make a stop on Tate and he would have bounced in the endzone untouched given that we were playing man.  But Poole recognized immediately what was going on and came off his man to get a hand on Tate before the ball crossed and saved the game for us.  It's not the first time he's stepped up big this year.  IMO, Poole has pretty much outplayed both Tru and Alford so far.  That's without watching full 22's.  Just from a watch & react from what we've seen on TV, he's been our best corner so far this season.  So a big shout out to Poole for his play this year.

Poole is the da stuff

MACK4ttACK likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People on here are so funny I swear no disrespect to Poole cause I like him, he is a excellent player but the same plays Tru get killed on here about people act like they are blind when it comes to Poole. Poole gets beat on back shoulder throws and hitch routes same as Tru but why is Tru getting the hate and Poole getting the love??? I don't get it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what it is, but Poole and Campbell came back this year with a certain nastiness to their game. I still wonder how Poole went undrafted. He was a well known talent at DBU. It's like everyone focused on Hargreaves and Neal that year and just forgot about Poole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love DQ dialing up the nickel blitz as often as he has. 

I think Poole is great inside 5. He is good against the run, he can blitz and he is sticky on those double lateral moves near the line. 

ETA: He's also good at sniffing out screens. 

I think he's OK deeper than that. But I'll take that from one of our "worst" defensive players. 

Edited by Falcon Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0