The Mistake Bowl......Falcons defense bailed us out

gazoo

42 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Sarkisian called a good game today as well. He disguises a lot of plays with similar presnap looks and had the Lions defense flustered on many of those long drives.  

The screen pass to Gabriel was perfectly timed. We'd been running the ball down their throats for several plays and that play really got them. Matthews, who takes a lot of unfair criticism around here, made a really athletic play on that TD to Gabriel.

The Gabriel TD play all was a thing of beauty. Wow!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

And when was the last time we could say the defense bailed this team out?

I'm digging 2017 so far.

Exactly what I was thinking. Normally whenever we would leave it up to the defense... we would be let down. Winning with great defense is something I'm still not used too. 

Great win. Defense played amazing. 

No Vic Beasley

Take away Just the Sanu drop into pic , games over. 

Running game was on fire.

It is **** hard to win on the road. We have done it twice this year already. Now we got 3 weeks at home. (2 games 1 bye)

20 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Other than the pick 6 he had a pretty good game. He overthrew a couple times early in game but that's nothing to carp about.

He looked like the old Matt Ryan today and that scares me. He looked soft and pedestrian. Didn't scare me at all despite all his ratings. I hate that Matt. Because that Matt isn't a Super Bowl Champ-kinda quarterback he's just Alex Smith 2.0. Jmo.

Edited by Gimme.

9 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

He looked like the old Matt Ryan today and that scares me. He looked soft and pedestrian. Didn't scare me at all despite all his ratings. I hate that Matt. Because that Matt isn't a Super Bowl Champ-kinda quarterback he's just Alex Smith 2.0. Jmo.

It's an aberration . . . . unless we see a pattern of this going forward and I doubt we will.

14 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

I didn't see old Matt Ryan today. After the Chiefs game last season he went on a tear (posting over a 100QB rating every game after until this game). He had some overthrows and the pick 6 was bad but besides that, he played fine.

16 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

He looked like the old Matt Ryan today and that scares me. He looked soft and pedestrian. Didn't scare me at all despite all his ratings. I hate that Matt. Because that Matt isn't a Super Bowl Champ-kinda quarterback he's just Alex Smith 2.0. Jmo

Edited by jas82487

15 minutes ago, Gimme. said:

Hahaha wow

Did you guys see Grady Jarrett line up at DE some today?

Our defensive ends broke contain on about 5 plays where Stanford was able to get outside.  These little things will continue to get tweaked and our defense will continue to tighten up.

I loved their running backs only got 52 yards on us today. That's massive improvement from firs two weeks.

4 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

He's trolling, my man.  Just take a look at his post in the Sark playcalling thread.   

Leave him be.  He's just looking for attention.

Effective discussion has always been seen as trolling on this board. I don't expect that to change. Troll or no troll those are my opinions. Free speech America remember..

Brian Poole made the play of the day. He kept two receivers out of the end zone on that last play by pressing his man back who was picking him to get  Tate open on the slant, which kept Tates angle back off the end zone just enough, and getting back over to touch Tate prior to him getting into the end zone.

PMF, this would be an outstanding play for you to break down.

Defense played like ****. Too many missed tackles and we just got lucky. Offense is what saved us. And the right side of the line is shot TBH. Schweitzer is done. Garland should have that spot. But we will be better once Schraeder gets back. They scored on almost every possession starting at the end of the first half.

33 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Brian Poole made the play of the day. He kept two receivers out of the end zone on that last play by pressing his man back who was picking him to get  Tate open on the slant, which kept Tates angle back off the end zone just enough, and getting back over to touch Tate prior to him getting into the end zone.

PMF, this would be an outstanding play for you to break down.

Lol... I'll see how the week shakes out.  I may have to start taking requests.  I didn't get to everything I wanted to look at from last week's game and this game... woo there's a lot of stuff I want to break down.  

8 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Lol... I'll see how the week shakes out.  I may have to start taking requests.  I didn't get to everything I wanted to look at from last week's game and this game... woo there's a lot of stuff I want to break down.  

I'm with you, I'll bet you get mobbed with requests. This is a play that actually speaks for itself on a gif so it doesn't really need a breakdown.

58 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Defense played like ****. Too many missed tackles and we just got lucky. Offense is what saved us. And the right side of the line is shot TBH. Schweitzer is done. Garland should have that spot. But we will be better once Schraeder gets back. They scored on almost every possession starting at the end of the first half.

Lol defense gave up 19 pts, kept them under a 100 yds rushing and they were 3-13 on third down. If that's **** I'd eat a crap sandwich 

Edited by jdawg4876

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

Held stafford to 1 TD, 264 yards and 71 yards rushing.  I think they played pretty well.