Statement from Arthur Blank

3 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Why do they even play the national anthem? We are all Americans. It's not like we are playing another country in the Olympics. Keep it out, NFL!

It might upset people, but I'm with you. I love America and I love football, but I don't see why there is a need to play the anthem before NFL, NBA, or any non-national sport. Would we go into a movie theater and play the anthem before we sat down to watch "It?"

With so many serious issues in our nation, sporting events should never be a primary discussion.... people have died in support of the 1st Amendment and our freedom to exercise the constitutional rights.  Do we truly believe that ? If so ? All attention to non-violent, civil, demonstrations of freedom" should be accepted and ignored if opposed.  I don't have to support every cause to support the foundation of equality and the right to disagree..... Spread Love first and it's incredibly difficult to find fault in minuscule situations like this.... 

Edited by GANDI

"We are now forming a Republican form of government. Real liberty is not found in the extremes of democracy, but in moderate governments. If we incline too much to democracy we shall soon shoot into a monarchy, or some other form of a dictatorship."4 Hamilton, in the last letter he ever wrote, warned that "our real disease is DEMOCRACY."

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” After the Constitutional Convention was concluded, in 1787, a bystander inquired of Franklin: "Well, Doctor, what have we got? a Republic or a Monarchy?" Franklin replied, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

John Adams, our second president, wrote: “Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself.”

Our beloved owner is very smart. Surprised he does not realize the United States of America's form of government.

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

It might upset people, but I'm with you. I love America and I love football, but I don't see why there is a need to play the anthem before NFL, NBA, or any non-national sport. Would we go into a movie theater and play the anthem before we sat down to watch "It?"

It shouldn't upset anyone. Like you said, do we play the anthem before a movie?

What I'm about to say will not be popular but it's the truth.

There are very powerful business interests in this country that make obscene amounts of money off of guns, tanks, fighter jets, bombs, etc. They need enemies and constant war. President Eisenhower warned Americans when he left office in 1961:

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

This push for "false Patriotism" is being pushed with the Anthem and we are all being played for corporate profits. 

21 minutes ago, fuego said:

Sport is too politicized now. Don't force it on me. Just give me sports. I'll watch the news if I want to see the other crap.

A player kneeling (or sitting) during the anthem doesn't bother me, it's the constant blather from the sports media about the kneeling that drives me nuts.  They are making this a non-stop story.

And I agree with other posters, either axe the anthem (expect for really special games) or don't bring the players out until after its done.

Edited by nitrojiber

When he first kneeled I blasted him. I was wrong. I confused the flag with us. We don't fight for a flag. We fight for US. After seeing these young men cursed, after watching people's dark side being played to, I can acknowledge that criticizing Kaepernick was one of the stupidest and unfair things I've ever done. I'm glad to see that the people on this board-mAny of whom are much younger than me-have a unity and inclusiveness of spirit that I failed to show. It makes me terribly proud to read these posts. 

12 minutes ago, nitrojiber said:

A player kneeling (or sitting) during the anthem doesn't bother me, it's the constant blather from the sports media about the kneeling that drives me nuts.  They are making this a non-stop story.

Totally agree. It's the non-stop coverage of it every day the next week. You can't escape it. 

I just want to watch football... that's it.. I'm actually glad I stream all my games bc I don't see commercials or the anthem being played. Just give me my favorite team dominating on Sunday and I'll deal with the politics in the world the other 6 days while trying to raise 3 soon to be 4 children to be good and moral human beings..

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I grew up on an Air Force Base It was standard operating procedure at our Theatre :ninja: