Matthew Stafford a NFL MVP favorite over Matt Ryan going into Week 3

fuego

8 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Once again, can you guys please put Cowherd's name in the title if you're going to post his terrible takes on here all the time?

The guy has been a joke for years, and I'm not sure why his crap is being posted so much this season.

I dont get it either. Why do folks here put so much stock in this guys opinion? 

9 hours ago, PK Manley said:

Once again, can you guys please put Cowherd's name in the title if you're going to post his terrible takes on here all the time?

The guy has been a joke for years, and I'm not sure why his crap is being posted so much this season.

Agree. Please implement a #cowherd rule!

Guys, it's all just entertainment.  Colin has to generate viewership and he is probably getting a lot of views from Falcon fans.  Every criticism stirs up more interest.  

It was nice to see Ryan get the credit he deserved last season.  He now has an MVP trophy on him mantle.  Let's hope he can add a few Super Bowl rings to his collection.

Way to early for this garbage, but if Ryan had CJ in 12 we would have won a ring.  He had no defense, no offensive line and our running game was terrible that year.  You will never hear these azz hats compare apples to apples.  Stafford is great because of this and this and Ryan has all these weapons.  Yeah will the ice man was actually winning and getting to the post season with the same situation.  Maybe we weren't as bad a Detroit, but between 2011 and 2015 what did we really have other than Ryan?  You can say JJ but he was either a rookie or injured a lot his first couple of years.  Gonzo was a shell of himself and Roddy was broken down by 13.  And they think Detroit has a bad offensive line?

6 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

No need for mvp distractions for Ryan. Just get the **** ring 

Agree, but I don't think Matt Ryan spent 30 seconds total on worrying about who would win it last year and I think he'll spend zero time thinking about it this year.

He's not an ego-tripper and he certainly knows what the chances are of winning MVP in consecutive years. All he wants now is what we all want, that first Lombardi Trophy in the case.

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree, but I don't think Matt Ryan spent 30 seconds total on worrying about who would win it last year and I think he'll spend zero time thinking about it this year.

He's not an ego-tripper and he certainly knows what the chances are of winning MVP in consecutive years. All he wants now is what we all want, that first Lombardi Trophy in the case.

I’m not saying he is, but he still has to dodge all the stuff in interviews like he does with the collapse

Matt Ryan has a passer rating of 100-plus in nine straight games (including playoffs), which is tied for the second-longest streak in NFL history (Aaron Rodgers, 13). Ryan has also thrown 23 consecutive passing touchdowns since his last interception, including playoffs.

He currently leads the league in total QBR. He needs more TD passes but Matt Ryan could win MVP again with around 70% completion, 4800 yards, 35 TD's, 7 INT's, 115 QB Rating stat line.

23 hours ago, melvin2345 said:

Because that's all he needed to throw for. He was 15/21 (71.4%), 2 TD and a 117.6 rating. He extended plays with his feet, read the defense and adjusted well. Detroit was determined to run the ball, so they did. It was ugly, but it ate clock and avoided the Giants secondary, who are still pretty good. I agree that MVP talk after week 2 is idiotic, but taking a single stat out of context, followed by "LMAO" reeks of ignorance.

He also fumbled the ball away after getting sacked..Sorry, understand it was an effective performance, but 122 yards and a TO are hardly MVP like.