Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuego

Matthew Stafford a NFL MVP favorite over Matt Ryan going into Week 3

43 posts in this topic

It's simply "anyone other than Matt Ryan" syndrome. Ryan's been better but Stafford is no scrub. He improved a bit since CJ left.

2 hours ago, Colin_Pernett said:

He threw for 122 yards last week. LMAO

Because that's all he needed to throw for. He was 15/21 (71.4%), 2 TD and a 117.6 rating. He extended plays with his feet, read the defense and adjusted well. Detroit was determined to run the ball, so they did. It was ugly, but it ate clock and avoided the Giants secondary, who are still pretty good. I agree that MVP talk after week 2 is idiotic, but taking a single stat out of context, followed by "LMAO" reeks of ignorance.

Jerz likes this

Once again, can you guys please put Cowherd's name in the title if you're going to post his terrible takes on here all the time?

The guy has been a joke for years, and I'm not sure why his crap is being posted so much this season.

PokerSteve likes this

While his level of play has not dropped off at all. I think it will be a lot harder for Matt to put up MVP numbers this year. It's only two games, but sark seems more committed to the run than shanny(Which is a good thing, keeps the defense rested).

I remember the media propping up Stafford in the discussion last year before he hurt his hand / the Falcons went on a tear. So if the Lions finally win the division I would not be surprised. I think him and Brady are gonna be the media favorites this year... Matt can easily put up MVP numbers again but it's hard to win back to back. 

4 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I remember the media propping up Stafford in the discussion last year before he hurt his hand / the Falcons went on a tear. So if the Lions finally win the division I would not be surprised. I think him and Brady are gonna be the media favorites this year... Matt can easily put up MVP numbers again but it's hard to win back to back. 

Rodgers will still be in the major discussion if the Packers make the playoffs somehow.

Trust me.

5 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Rodgers will still be in the major discussion if the Packers make the playoffs somehow.

Trust me.

He should be, imo. Brees would be in it too if he could carry the Saints to the playoffs (not looking good at all this year) 

Edited by HEIST

I mean....if it's not gonna be Matt I'd want it to be Matt. I'm not even a UGA fan either. Dude fighting to get back in the game after jacking up his shoulder told me all I need to know about him.

Yo_Lover and PokerSteve like this

1 hour ago, melvin2345 said:

Because that's all he needed to throw for. He was 15/21 (71.4%), 2 TD and a 117.6 rating. He extended plays with his feet, read the defense and adjusted well. Detroit was determined to run the ball, so they did. It was ugly, but it ate clock and avoided the Giants secondary, who are still pretty good. I agree that MVP talk after week 2 is idiotic, but taking a single stat out of context, followed by "LMAO" reeks of ignorance.

He can spin it no doubt, but Matty ice has hardly had a game with less than 200 yds, not sure the number but he has this record right? Anyways I'm currently lmao at the Lions love all the same. Good luck Sunday you'll need it.

I think Stafford is a great QB, I agree with Whitlock. I would love to see Stafford in the debate at the end of the season. It is 2 FREAKING WEEKS! Why in the world is anyone a favorite in the MVP race or better yet even talking about it right now.

Why don't we get 8 games out of the way before we talk about this.

***Side Note Matt Ryan ALWAYS has too much help or not enough help and it is always his fault and is thus penalized for it

And in one Breath Matt Ryan has too many weapons but Matt Stafford now has alot of weapons so one wins the award and the other is disqualified :bang:

Edited by Flyin' In DC

3 hours ago, melvin2345 said:

He beat the Giants. A bottom 5 team imho. He might have had a high QBR and completion percentage, but averaged 5.8 yards per attempt. Matt Ryan had over 9 last year. I'm not calling him a bad player, but MVP is a huge stretch. 

Edited by Colin_Pernett