Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,580 posts in this topic

Nebraska has fired their AD. Just a couple weeks after giving Mike Riley a 1 year extension. He of course followed up the extension by losing to Northern  Illinois. Probably means they'll be replacing Riley after the season.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nebraska has fired their AD. Just a couple weeks after giving Mike Riley a 1 year extension. He of course followed up the extension by losing to Northern  Illinois. Probably means they'll be replacing Riley after the season.

Tom Osborne should die so he can rollover in his grave - hard to believe how bad that once storied football  factory once was.

fibonaccisquared likes this

This is the same AD that fired Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season. The AD said he wasn't happy with where the program was compared to Iowa. Since that day Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8. Pelini was 67-27 at Nebraska.

22 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

This is the same AD that fired Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season. The AD said he wasn't happy with where the program was compared to Iowa. Since that day Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8. Pelini was 67-27 at Nebraska.

Yeah.. sounds about right.

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

I was just in Lincoln earlier this week. It was not the same proud football town that it once was. Still don't understand why they got rid of Pelini.

17 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

the reason he fired Pelini was because he didn't personally like him.. he thought Pelini was a tool and not someone he wanted to work for him.. 

40 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the reason he fired Pelini was because he didn't personally like him.. he thought Pelini was a tool and not someone he wanted to work for him.. 

And by all accounts he probably isn't wrong. That decision was ultimately his own undoing as well. 

Brett Bielema is starting to get into an uncomfortable situation. The voices are getting louder and former players are starting to call for change. Bielema is just 27-29 since leaving Wisconsin, 10-24 in SEC play, 7-18 against his own division. What's saving him is the fact he has a $15M buyout if he's fired.

fibonaccisquared likes this

If I remember correctly, she tweeted that right after a Wisconsin loss and Arkansas win back in the 2013 season. It's been pretty much all downhill for them ever since.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, Carter said:

Georgia seems to get people fired. Unless you're Paul Johnson.

As long as Paul Johnson makes Tech bowl eligible, that's all they care about. Anything else is a bonus.

1 hour ago, MemphibianDawg said:

If I remember correctly, she tweeted that right after a Wisconsin loss and Arkansas win back in the 2013 season. It's been pretty much all downhill for them ever since.

Wisconsin and Arkansas both won that weekend.

Gary Anderson is out at Oregon State. They mutually agreed to part ways. Anderson wanted out so bad he agreed to waive all money owed to him, even the buyout.

When asked about DC Charles Kelly at his presser, Jimbo Fisher expressed "extreme confidence" in him......all while looking at his feet.  I'm ready for Kelly and Trickett to go, so hopefully some rumors start to pick up steam.  I've seen a lot of fans calling for Jimbo's head as well, but I can't see replacing him with someone better at this point.  He just needs to have a cupboard full of QB's.

30 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

When asked about DC Charles Kelly at his presser, Jimbo Fisher expressed "extreme confidence" in him......all while looking at his feet.  I'm ready for Kelly and Trickett to go, so hopefully some rumors start to pick up steam.  I've seen a lot of fans calling for Jimbo's head as well, but I can't see replacing him with someone better at this point.  He just needs to have a cupboard full of QB's.

Jimbo has a big big buyout. He isn't going anywhere

4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gary Anderson is out at Oregon State. They mutually agreed to part ways. Anderson wanted out so bad he agreed to waive all money owed to him, even the buyout.

wow!

6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Jimbo has a big big buyout. He isn't going anywhere

Agreed. Would be the height of lunacy anyways... What coach are you going to replace him with that is definitively better. He recruits well, has them routinely in the hunt, has won a natty there. And people think the SEC schools overreact. 

youngbloodz and g-dawg like this

6 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Agreed. Would be the height of lunacy anyways... What coach are you going to replace him with that is definitively better. He recruits well, has them routinely in the hunt, has won a natty there. And people think the SEC schools overreact. 

Exactly FSU needs staff changes. Jimbo is a great coach

g-dawg likes this

Fully agree that Jumbo won't be going anywhere for the reasons stated above.  The fact that some fans are calling for his head boggles my mind.  Kelly and Trickett have been stealing money far too long.  At this point, we should have at least 2 more losses (Louisville and Clemson, with UF a definite possibility also) with a 6-5 season as the best case scenario and 5-6, or worse, a real possibility.  Can you imagine the poo storm from boosters if FSU has a record below .500?  If it didn't force staff changes, I don't  know what it would take.

Letting Jeremy Pruitt walk was Jimbo's biggest mistake.  He had the defense rocking.

As far as Gary Anderson goes, it seems like he just became frustrated. He may not have realized how hard it would be to build a program at Oregon State. He wasn't seeing a light and the team wasn't winning. He decided to move on.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this