Unkn0wn

Coaching Rumors

1,580 posts in this topic

Nebraska has fired their AD. Just a couple weeks after giving Mike Riley a 1 year extension. He of course followed up the extension by losing to Northern  Illinois. Probably means they'll be replacing Riley after the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nebraska has fired their AD. Just a couple weeks after giving Mike Riley a 1 year extension. He of course followed up the extension by losing to Northern  Illinois. Probably means they'll be replacing Riley after the season.

Tom Osborne should die so he can rollover in his grave - hard to believe how bad that once storied football  factory once was.

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the same AD that fired Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season. The AD said he wasn't happy with where the program was compared to Iowa. Since that day Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8. Pelini was 67-27 at Nebraska.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

This is the same AD that fired Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season. The AD said he wasn't happy with where the program was compared to Iowa. Since that day Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8. Pelini was 67-27 at Nebraska.

Yeah.. sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Nebraska has fired their AD. Just a couple weeks after giving Mike Riley a 1 year extension. He of course followed up the extension by losing to Northern  Illinois. Probably means they'll be replacing Riley after the season.

I was just in Lincoln earlier this week. It was not the same proud football town that it once was. Still don't understand why they got rid of Pelini.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

This is the same AD that fired Bo Pelini after a 9-3 season. The AD said he wasn't happy with where the program was compared to Iowa. Since that day Nebraska is 16-14, Iowa is 23-8. Pelini was 67-27 at Nebraska.

the reason he fired Pelini was because he didn't personally like him.. he thought Pelini was a tool and not someone he wanted to work for him.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

the reason he fired Pelini was because he didn't personally like him.. he thought Pelini was a tool and not someone he wanted to work for him.. 

And by all accounts he probably isn't wrong. That decision was ultimately his own undoing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brett Bielema is starting to get into an uncomfortable situation. The voices are getting louder and former players are starting to call for change. Bielema is just 27-29 since leaving Wisconsin, 10-24 in SEC play, 7-18 against his own division. What's saving him is the fact he has a $15M buyout if he's fired.

fibonaccisquared likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly, she tweeted that right after a Wisconsin loss and Arkansas win back in the 2013 season. It's been pretty much all downhill for them ever since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 11:44 AM, Carter said:

Georgia seems to get people fired. Unless you're Paul Johnson.

As long as Paul Johnson makes Tech bowl eligible, that's all they care about. Anything else is a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphibianDawg said:

If I remember correctly, she tweeted that right after a Wisconsin loss and Arkansas win back in the 2013 season. It's been pretty much all downhill for them ever since.

Wisconsin and Arkansas both won that weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Anderson is out at Oregon State. They mutually agreed to part ways. Anderson wanted out so bad he agreed to waive all money owed to him, even the buyout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked about DC Charles Kelly at his presser, Jimbo Fisher expressed "extreme confidence" in him......all while looking at his feet.  I'm ready for Kelly and Trickett to go, so hopefully some rumors start to pick up steam.  I've seen a lot of fans calling for Jimbo's head as well, but I can't see replacing him with someone better at this point.  He just needs to have a cupboard full of QB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mookie3127 said:

When asked about DC Charles Kelly at his presser, Jimbo Fisher expressed "extreme confidence" in him......all while looking at his feet.  I'm ready for Kelly and Trickett to go, so hopefully some rumors start to pick up steam.  I've seen a lot of fans calling for Jimbo's head as well, but I can't see replacing him with someone better at this point.  He just needs to have a cupboard full of QB's.

Jimbo has a big big buyout. He isn't going anywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Gary Anderson is out at Oregon State. They mutually agreed to part ways. Anderson wanted out so bad he agreed to waive all money owed to him, even the buyout.

wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Jimbo has a big big buyout. He isn't going anywhere

Agreed. Would be the height of lunacy anyways... What coach are you going to replace him with that is definitively better. He recruits well, has them routinely in the hunt, has won a natty there. And people think the SEC schools overreact. 

youngbloodz and g-dawg like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Agreed. Would be the height of lunacy anyways... What coach are you going to replace him with that is definitively better. He recruits well, has them routinely in the hunt, has won a natty there. And people think the SEC schools overreact. 

Exactly FSU needs staff changes. Jimbo is a great coach

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully agree that Jumbo won't be going anywhere for the reasons stated above.  The fact that some fans are calling for his head boggles my mind.  Kelly and Trickett have been stealing money far too long.  At this point, we should have at least 2 more losses (Louisville and Clemson, with UF a definite possibility also) with a 6-5 season as the best case scenario and 5-6, or worse, a real possibility.  Can you imagine the poo storm from boosters if FSU has a record below .500?  If it didn't force staff changes, I don't  know what it would take.

Letting Jeremy Pruitt walk was Jimbo's biggest mistake.  He had the defense rocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Gary Anderson goes, it seems like he just became frustrated. He may not have realized how hard it would be to build a program at Oregon State. He wasn't seeing a light and the team wasn't winning. He decided to move on.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now