Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KJinCton

Parking/Tailgating..."The Gulch?"

13 posts in this topic

I'm seeking some suggestions on good areas to tailgate. I don't tailgate for every game as my wife doesn't enjoy it as much. But, when I bring a friend or my brother, we've always had a good time in the Gulch. Traditionally, I'll drive up MLK, drop through the tunnel and pay on the spot, but it's all permit now. The parking attendant sent us around to the other side off of Baker St. and we entered that way.

I know ticket prices have increased, but I didn't realize that parking would be restricted to permit only and prices would have increased as well. I have to say, I'm amazed that regular season parking is going for $50 now.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on tailgate options that are within walking distance of the Benz? I checked the Falcon's ticket site for parking and it looks like the Gulch is sold out. I'm trying to plan ahead for the Cowboys game and I'm hoping there are some fellow season ticket holders with some good ideas.

Thanks!

I'm in D lot, there are some regulars there, and C lot next door is pretty happening. They have free food and alcohol every pregame and a DJ.

I'm not using my pass for some games, I can hook you up face value for the ones I'm not using if you are interested. I am using Dallas though. 

Hit me up if you are interested. I'm in the same section in the Benz as you also. 

12 minutes ago, jonnyblooz said:

I'm in D lot, there are some regulars there, and C lot next door is pretty happening. They have free food and alcohol every pregame and a DJ.

I'm not using my pass for some games, I can hook you up face value for the ones I'm not using if you are interested. I am using Dallas though. 

Hit me up if you are interested. I'm in the same section in the Benz as you also. 

I appreciate the offer. I may check back with you once I figure out which games we'll be tailgating. Thanks!

jonnyblooz likes this

6 minutes ago, KJinCton said:

Thanks....I'll look into that. It looks like I might be buying off a secondary market though. Most of the Falcon's options are well away from the Benz.

Parking Panda essentially is secondary market.  Many of the lots in the area that aren't "Benz" lots are can be purchased through the app.

1 hour ago, KJinCton said:

I'm seeking some suggestions on good areas to tailgate. I don't tailgate for every game as my wife doesn't enjoy it as much. But, when I bring a friend or my brother, we've always had a good time in the Gulch. Traditionally, I'll drive up MLK, drop through the tunnel and pay on the spot, but it's all permit now. The parking attendant sent us around to the other side off of Baker St. and we entered that way.

I know ticket prices have increased, but I didn't realize that parking would be restricted to permit only and prices would have increased as well. I have to say, I'm amazed that regular season parking is going for $50 now.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on tailgate options that are within walking distance of the Benz? I checked the Falcon's ticket site for parking and it looks like the Gulch is sold out. I'm trying to plan ahead for the Cowboys game and I'm hoping there are some fellow season ticket holders with some good ideas.

Thanks!

We pay 150.00 per vehicle in the private lot across the street from the stadium.. Hate to say it but 50.00 is not bad, don't think you'll find anything close to the stadium cheaper 

8 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

We pay 150.00 per vehicle in the private lot across the street from the stadium.. Hate to say it but 50.00 is not bad, don't think you'll find anything close to the stadium cheaper 

Doesn't seem that long ago I was paying $44 per game for lower level tickets and $20 for parking. It's crazy how much it's changed. Did Gulch Lot A become a bonus add on for club level tickets?

Parking was a "free for all" based on section and seniority...

So clubbers who wanted to "slum it" in Lot A got first shot...  Before the regulars...

10 hours ago, CeilinFanOfDeath said:

We paid $41/game to buy the whole season in advance. When we went to the MBS open house, I thought we might drive to the lot and park there just to get a feel for the walk to the stadium. Parking in the lot was $30 for a pre-season open house. I was shocked.

$50 is about the going rate on gameday. And that's for a place with a 10-15 minute walk. I think your best bet is to look online and try to buy something in advance if you plan to tailgate. The days of driving around and lucking into a cheap spot are over. Especially one that will let you tailgate.

gkgrimes likes this

1 hour ago, Capitalist said:

Parking was a "free for all" based on section and seniority...

So clubbers who wanted to "slum it" in Lot A got first shot...  Before the regulars...

I guess that's why they had it grayed out on the form for several days.

We moved to the P lot which cost about $100 more. But I have to say it's worth the upgrade from the Gulch. Easy access, less overall noise. Even simply finding a place in the gulch was difficult if you didn't arrive 2-3 hours early. I don't miss it.