#1ATLFALCONSFAN

The Bucs Schedule

52 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Tampa isn't going to make the playoffs 

I was thinking the same thing but who gets in ahead of them? It's only week 2 and every contender in the NFC is facing serious questions with the exception of the Falcons, Detroit and the Bucs. Who do you see getting in?

9 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

I was thinking the same thing but who gets in ahead of them? It's only week 2 and every contender in the NFC is facing serious questions with the exception of the Falcons, Detroit and the Bucs. Who do you see getting in?

I think it's Atlanta, GB, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, and my sleeper is Minnesota if Bradford remains healthy.  I think if Bradford is healthy they might even challenge GB for the division. 

7 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

I think it's Atlanta, GB, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, and my sleeper is Minnesota if Bradford remains healthy.  I think if Bradford is healthy they might even challenge GB for the division. 

Bradford staying healthy hahaha.  Good one.

Nah for real Minn could be legit but I think Tampa gets in at 10-6 Or 9-7.  I just can't find 8 or 9 losses on their schedule.

9 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

I agree with 

Atlanta (of course)

GB (hard to pick against Rodgers)

Seattle (because somebody has to win that division)

i just don't think Dallas is for real their defense is shaky and the o-line isn't playing up to par. Teams have tape on Dak and Zeke's legal problems appear to be a distraction for him. I'm picking Philly to win that division with Detroit, Minnesota, Washington, and the Bucs fight for the wild card spots 

10 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Looks effortless. I know anything can happen, but they must have one of the easiest strength of schedules in the league. Though they do have to play us twice

wk 2 Bears

wk 3 @ Vikings: 

Vikings looked tough at home against the Saints though took a step back on the road against a very good Steelers Team.

wk 4 Giants

Giants look weak

wk 5 Patriots

Tough, but they get the advantage of the Falcons playing them at home.  Also:  Thursday night games tend to favor home team.

wk 6 @ Cardinals

VERY difficult long road trip to a different climate the week after a big Patriots game.  Pretty tough.  Easier because of the mini bye from Thurs. home game v. Pats

wk 7 @ Bills

Let's fly from Tampa to Phoenix, play the Cardinals Sunday afternoon.  Sit on a bus for an hour to get to the airport, then a plane for four plus hours to get to Tampa.   Bedtime gets pretty late in Tampa.  Now recover from all that and Fly up to Buffalo for another road game.  Sure it's the Bills, but that's a tough travel schedule

wk 8 Panthers

meh

wk 9 @ Saints

meh

wk 10 Jets

meh

wk 11 @ Dolphins

meh

wk 12 @ Falcons

No comment required

wk 13 @ Packers

OK . . . Bucs go to Green Bay in December after playing tough division game.  This should work out well.  (For a long time, the Bucs had never won a game when the temp was less then 32 degrees.  Not sure if that streak has been broken.

wk 14 Lions

meh

wk 15 Falcons

MNF

wk 16 @ Panthers

meh

wk 17 Saints

meh

Our wk 15 matchup with them should be very interesting and may decide

So they get the Cardinals on the road instead of the Seahawks on the road.  I'm not sure how much of an advantage that is for the Bucs right now.

And they get the Giants instead of the Cowboys.

They get the Patriots at home instead of the road.  Probably a loss for both teams anyway.

They have that tough back to back long travel to Buffalo. 

So it probably is not as tough as ours, but it isn't supposed to be . . .  The schedule makes the W we already have against the Packers a very likely plus one already.  Plus they have to play us twice.  If we take care of business, it won't be their schedule that gives them the Division.

And of course no bye week.

9 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

True, and I wouldn't say we should be scared of the Seahawks or Cowboy's I just think they're better teams than the Vikings (strong defense, offense not so much) and certainly the Giants

The only thing that bothers me about playing the Seahawks is once the beat down begins they'll start with the cheap shots.

I only worry about our teams health playing a cheap shot team like Seattle.

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's the exact same schedule the Falcons are playing except for 2 teams.

Right, but those teams favor them by strength of schedule. We should win the division, but they should make the wildcard by looking at their schedule.

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

13 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's the exact same schedule the Falcons are playing except for 2 teams.

The 2 teams favor them by strength of schedule, which is my point. They should win the wildcard

4 hours ago, holymoses said:

So they get the Cardinals on the road instead of the Seahawks on the road.  I'm not sure how much of an advantage that is for the Bucs right now.

And they get the Giants instead of the Cowboys.

They get the Patriots at home instead of the road.  Probably a loss for both teams anyway.

They have that tough back to back long travel to Buffalo. 

So it probably is not as tough as ours, but it isn't supposed to be . . .  The schedule makes the W we already have against the Packers a very likely plus one already.  Plus they have to play us twice.  If we take care of business, it won't be their schedule that gives them the Division.

And of course no bye week.

The Cardinals minus Johnson (IR) who makes up 48% of their offense is a huge advantage.

Think we'll seek revenge and beat the Patriots.

We should win the division, but think they'll make it to the playoffs via wildcard

4 hours ago, rcky_mtn_falcon said:

The only thing that bothers me about playing the Seahawks is once the beat down begins they'll start with the cheap shots.

I only worry about our teams health playing a cheap shot team like Seattle.

They do seem to have some players with anger issues. Legitimate concern.

4 hours ago, vafalconfan said:

We play most of the same teams.. don't really understand the post.

Not sure what you don't understand, but allow me to explain. You're right, we play most of the same teams, but the strength of schedule favors them. The Cowboy's loss to the Broncos in convincing fashion, but the Broncos are a SB contender. The Cowboys's are still a good, playoff team. The Seahawks haven't looked impressive to this point, but they're still a playoff team (NFC West looks terrible) and always play well during the playoff run. The Cardinals have lost their pro-bowl RB Johnson (IR) who accounted for 48% of their offensive production and they just barely beat the Colts, with no Andrew Luck, in OT last week. The Bucs clearly have a favorable schedule in comparison to us. That being said, we should win the division, but the Bucs should make it to the playoffs by way of a wildcard.

10 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

Who's the 3rd team the Bucs are playing that we aren't?

We play the Cowboy's and Seahawks (both playoff caliber teams) and they don't. They also play the David Johnson-less Cardinals. The same Cardinals team that nearly lost to the Colts last week in OT.

10 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Playoff time I see the seeds as

Div winners

Atl

Seattle (Rams as a surprise sleeper) 

Detriot

Philly

Wildcard

Packers

Redskins

Agree, except Redskins. I have the Cowboy's or Bucs taking the last wildcard spot

1 minute ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

We play the Cowboy's and Seahawks (both playoff caliber teams) and they don't. They also play the David Johnson-less Cardinals. The same Cardinals team that nearly lost to the Colts last week in OT.

BUT there are ONLY 2 games that are different in both schedules.

The Bucs play the Giants and Cardinals. We don't.

We play the Cowboys and Seahawks. The Bucs don't.

The other 14 games on both schedules are common opponents.

I see the Bucs and Falcons winning both of their games vs. uncommon opponents.

6 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

BUT there are ONLY 2 games that are different in both schedules.

The Bucs play the Giants and Cardinals. We don't.

We play the Cowboys and Seahawks. The Bucs don't.

The other 14 games on both schedules are common opponents.

I see the Bucs and Falcons winning both of their games vs. uncommon opponents.

You're right, went to look at the schedule too fast. My point was strength of schedule. The Giants and Cardinals (without Johnson) are horrible.

middlegatv likes this

15 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Looks effortless. I know anything can happen, but they must have one of the easiest strength of schedules in the league. Though they do have to play us twice

wk 2 Bears

wk 3 @ Vikings

wk 4 Giants

wk 5 Patriots

wk 6 @ Cardinals

wk 7 @ Bills

wk 8 Panthers

wk 9 @ Saints

wk 10 Jets

wk 11 @ Dolphins

wk 12 @ Falcons

wk 13 @ Packers

wk 14 Lions

wk 15 Falcons

wk 16 @ Panthers

wk 17 Saints

Our wk 15 matchup with them should be very interesting and may decide the division

SEP 24
1:00PM ET

ATVIKINGS

OCT 01
4:05PM ET

GIANTS

OCT 05
8:25PM ET

PATRIOTS

OCT 15
4:05PM ET

ATCARDINA

Really the only difference in theirs and ours is they have the Cardinals not the Seahawks and the Giants rather than the Cowboys. I'm not sure that's that big of a difference. This division will come down to the division games. Some years that's not the case. But I think it will be this year. It's us, the Bucs, and possibly the Panthers in contention. The Saints really have no role other than spoiler. But even with that, you can't assume to go 2-0 against the Saints. Division games are ALWAYS tough. Those two Tampa matchups week 12 and 15 are shaping up to be huge.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:50 PM, since68andcounting said:

Really the only difference in theirs and ours is they have the Cardinals not the Seahawks and the Giants rather than the Cowboys. I'm not sure that's that big of a difference. This division will come down to the division games. Some years that's not the case. But I think it will be this year. It's us, the Bucs, and possibly the Panthers in contention. The Saints really have no role other than spoiler. But even with that, you can't assume to go 2-0 against the Saints. Division games are ALWAYS tough. Those two Tampa matchups week 12 and 15 are shaping up to be huge.

Edited by middlegatv
Caddieman and #1ATLFALCONSFAN like this

7 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

We play the following Monday night after the Thursday night game as well, so it'll be 11-days between games. 

I don't know why the NFL allows for unequaled scheduling in those cases. Teams that play on the previous Thursday should not play the following Monday. Really? They need that extra day? Also, if you play on a Monday then the next game should be a home game to semi make up for the 1 less day of preparation.