Animated Falcon video at Packer Game

brewman

Just now, esmithidoc said:

The game was a sellout. Are you suggesting that people bought tickets and didnt show up for the inaugural game at the stadium? Had you actually been there, you would know how ridiculous that is.

You're right because there aren't people who buy tons of tickets just to scalp them on stubhub and other sites or companies who buy tons of tickets. You know nothing *********. I live six hours away and I'm lucky if I can afford one game a year with the ticket prices that they have. But again my friend who actually lives around Atlanta and went to the game confirmed there were a ton of empty seats throughout the game. So I'll take his word over some guy that looks like he has met Chris Hanson once or twice and has been asked "Who did you bring the six pack and candy for?".

2 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

You're right because there aren't people who buy tons of tickets just to scalp them on stubhub and other sites or companies who buy tons of tickets. You know nothing *********. I live six hours away and I'm lucky if I can afford one game a year with the ticket prices that they have. But again my friend who actually lives around Atlanta and went to the game confirmed there were a ton of empty seats throughout the game. So I'll take his word over some guy that looks like he has met Chris Hanson once or twice and has been asked "Who did you bring the six pack and candy for?".

This is an awful post in response to a mostly mild post.

Calm down

Just now, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I am calm. I would have said those words in a very calm and soothing voice. Notice not one exclamation point was used nor were there capital letters.

I'll rephrase then. 

Your post was wildly inappropriate, and completely unwarranted. 

Knock it off.

LOL. I'm afraid I don't know who Chris Hanson is.  Because of PSLs, no one can sell "tons of tickets" on Stubhub. Only the PSL owner can sell tickets-on StubHub, TicketExchange, Craigslist, whatever. The place was packed, and the stadium is an NFL amusement park. There are many places to watch and enjoy the game in the stadium. When you finally get there, you'll see and understand. I hope you get to go and get enjoy the awesomeness--Blank did it right!

Edited by esmithidoc

14 hours ago, SirCzah said:

Not enough explosions, Michael Bay does not approve.  

14 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

I was expecting a loud "sonic" scream from the bird.

Oh trust, in the building it was just that!!!

12 hours ago, Tandy said:

I know I keep trying to find a good video of it - but nothing even comes remotely close.  

I realize we are not going to get anything near the sound or site of it all over the halo in the stadium - but man - I would love to see the original anyway - just so everyone could see just how freakin' amazing it was!

Yeah, that video does it NO JUSTICE! Actually sent chills down my spine!

4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

All 3 levels have a huge overlook that tons of people were standing at throughout the game. all seats were filled by kickoff but at halftime with such a big lead it definitely started to empty and people began just wandering around the concourse areas. 

Yeah, there weren't many empty seats, but there was a LOT of red in the building!

6 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

You live 6 hours away and your biching about something you saw on tv a what your friend told you?

YOU need an internet break and a juice box. 

9 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

ya. I think scalpers were the culprit for the empty seats. Not sure why people didn't buy from scalpers though. Some guy in front of me bought 5 seats just for himself. I guess he didn't want anyone sitting next to him. I think lots of season ticket holders try to sell the big games too....recoup some money.

4 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

ya. I think scalpers were the culprit for the empty seats. Not sure why people didn't buy from scalpers though. Some guy in front of me bought 5 seats just for himself. I guess he didn't want anyone sitting next to him. I think lots of season ticket holders try to sell the big games too....recoup some money.

Look at the Gigapixel picture at the beginning of the game. There were almost no empty seats except in the Club Sections, and as stated, club seat holders have great views from their clubs. The stadium was packed and rocking. Some left before the game was over (mainly GB fans), but there were no unsold seats or seats empty for the whole game.

https://gigapixel.panoramas.com/falcons/20170917/

On 9/19/2017 at 11:46 PM, DownButNotOut said:

QUESTION:  For those fortunate enough to have attended the game on opening night, where in the stadium are the team's  division and conference championship banners and ring of honor banners displayed within the new Mercedes Benz Stadium?

I didn't have time to walk all around the stadium for this game but there were no banners or ring of honor flags hanging from the ceiling as in the Georgia Dome. Right before kickoff they showed the prior division, the NFC championship banner from 98, as well as last year's NFC championship on the halo board. It was nice. I'm thinking they have the ring of honor somewhere in that building...will let you know after the Bills game