Jump to content

Per ESPN, the 1971 Dolphins were the last team to lose a Super Bowl...


Recommended Posts

I think we are going to break the streak and win the SB. I don't believe in the Super Bowl hangover. 

I do believe in the curse of which ever city hosts a super bowl that team does not make it. So it will be hard for me to pick Falcons to go to SB in Jan 2019. For some reason its bad luck for the team that's city host the SB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are no such thing as jinx's, just as there are no such thing as lucky jersey's, socks, underwear, etc.  You are not helping the team win by eating the same food every Sunday or sitting in the same spot.  There is no such thing as karma, although if there were, after the way SB LI ended we will be going 19-0 en route to murdering every team along the way so have fun with it.

19-0

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, athell said:

There are no such thing as jinx's, just as there are no such thing as lucky jersey's, socks, underwear, etc.  You are not helping the team win by eating the same food every Sunday or sitting in the same spot.  There is no such thing as karma, although if there were, after the way SB LI ended we will be going 19-0 en route to murdering every team along the way so have fun with it.

19-0

Great post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There IS such a thing as good-luck items..

I had a falcons bottle opener in 2010.

It got stolen early in 2013.

2010-2012, 10+ wins each season

I bought a replacement before the start of 2016.

2013-2015, less than 10 wins each season.

We all know how last year went..

Edited by dhayester
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dhayester said:

There IS such a thing as good-luck items..

I had a falcons bottle opener in 2010.

It got stolen early in 2013.

2010-2012, 10+ wins each season

I bought a replacement before the start of 2016.

2013-2015, less than 10 wins each season.

We all know how last year went..

How many superbowls did we win from 2010 to 2013 with your lucky bottle opener?  Did we win the superbowl last year when you got it back?  Does the new bottle opener have more power than the old because we got further last year?

People are funny with superstition and their lucky items.  I ain't mad at ya, ya'll just funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

How many superbowls did we win from 2010 to 2013 with your lucky bottle opener?  Did we win the superbowl last year when you got it back?  Does the new bottle opener have more power than the old because we got further last year?

People are funny with superstition and their lucky items.  I ain't mad at ya, ya'll just funny.

My lucky bottle opener can only do so much.. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, athell said:

There are no such thing as jinx's, just as there are no such thing as lucky jersey's, socks, underwear, etc.  You are not helping the team win by eating the same food every Sunday or sitting in the same spot.  There is no such thing as karma, although if there were, after the way SB LI ended we will be going 19-0 en route to murdering every team along the way so have fun with it.

19-0

Prove it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Grrrillapmpn Inc.® said:

Prove it. 

Easy!  There are thousands of fans who have game rituals, lucky jerseys, lucky items, seating positions, volume levels, etc. that they do every single gameday and the last time I checked we are not undefeated forever and therefore have not won every game in the history of the franchise and therefore every superbowl.

Also, I'm a Cubs fan.  Jinxes ain't ****.  Players play and determine the outcome of the game.  Fans watch and do not.  The cosmos and the universe have better things to do than to determine if a football team wins or loses.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...