Stoic

TRUTH! HOW MANY FALCONS HOME GAMES HAVE YOU BEEN TO?

69 posts in this topic

About 1-2 per year unfortunately, if we're lucky. Used to go with my dad when Blank lowered ticket prices, saw Vick rush for the third most ever by a quarterback (he owns first most ever even before that). Say what you will, but that turned plenty of us from "who gives a ****" to hardcore...

The best still stand the Baltimore night game (those who were there remember), and the Seahawks playoff game from last year. Just unbelievable experiences... So fortunate...

Slappywhite likes this

10 regular season games (08 season tickets, 09 home opener 2015 home opener), 4 preseason games (I think)  and 1 playoff game (Seattle 2012). All wins except the 08 Denver game. I got to be present for Ryans first pass, the 11 second come back, and the Seattle come back. All in all I've been very fortunate in the games I've been able to attend I just wish my financials would allow for more

Or maybe I'm just a good luck charm and you all should donate to my gofundme. You know, for the team. 

3 home games- 2015 Bucs @ Falcons, 2016 Chiefs @ Falcons (rough six hour drive home after), and the NFC Championship game last year with my dad and brother! Not sure anything will top that sports moment for me, the energy in the Dome was unreal. 

5 away games- all in Charlotte, I live in NC.

2 hours ago, Tandy said:

Honestly, I'm not sure.   I got ST originally in '73 and had them until I dropped them for about 5 or 6 years because it was difficult to travel to the games when we lived so far away.   Even then we went to every game possible - at least 4 or 5 a year.      We moved back to Georgia in '04 and I immediately bought tickets again.

I've missed a few games because of work or family, but for the most part make every game each year.   I've been to every post season game.    I've been to a lot of games away as well.

But I'm not sure if I could put a number on it now.    

I will say this though.   I went to the first game played in Fulton County Stadium (Braves) and the last Falcons home game there (against Seahawks), the first Falcons game at the Dome (Jets), the last Falcons game at the Dome (Saints and also was at both post season including NFCCG against Green Bay) and the first Falcons game at MBS (Green Bay)

All I can say is - a lot.

Our resident die hard, ladies and gentlemen.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

They will win one for you, I promise you that.  (But not for FFS70 because he is a crybaby.)

Edited by dirtybird2k5
Tandy likes this

About 10, all in Fulton Co. stadium back when William Andrews, Bartkowski, and Jenkins were playing. I was a kid then and my mom would take me to the occasional game because I loved the Falcons. I never went to the dome because I enjoy watching the games from home. Been living overseas for 10 years now but I have watched nearly every falcons game since the mid to late 1970s.

3 hours ago, B3TD said:

About 1-2 per year unfortunately, if we're lucky. Used to go with my dad when Blank lowered ticket prices, saw Vick rush for the third most ever by a quarterback (he owns first most ever even before that). Say what you will, but that turned plenty of us from "who gives a ****" to hardcore...

The best still stand the Baltimore night game (those who were there remember), and the Seahawks playoff game from last year. Just unbelievable experiences... So fortunate...

I was thinking about the Baltimore night game while reading this thread. It was in 2010 I believe. That was the year I offered one of my tickets up on TATF, to any fan who'd never been to a game. A poster named Farmer2 was the lucky recipient. Dude left his job in Indianapolis, jumped in the car, drove to the A, parked at MARTA, took a train to the gulch, tailgated with strangers, sat with me to watch an electrifying win, took MARTA back to the car, drove back to Indy and went to work the next morning. True Story. Hard core.

JOEinPHX, Tryonis, Tandy and 3 others like this

I was 14 years old in 1966. Father had season tickets. Went on my own in 70s, 80s, and 90s. Got back into season tickets in the 90s and still have them. Conservatively guessing, I have been to just over 200 games, 1 Super Bowl, all home playoff games, all opening games in Atlanta Fulton Co.Stadium, the Georgia Dome, and Mercedes Benz Stadium. I sat out the year before Arthur Blank took over and came back the following year. Now I am part of the tour group that shows people around at the new stadium.

Been to maybe 8 games at AFCS, 6 at the Dome (including both playoff games last year), 1 this year (1st preseason game at MBS) and 1 away (1988 at Mile High)

I have been around as long as the Falcons :)

I don't know, 20-25 maybe?

I am pretty sure my first game was when I was 11 years old and the Falcons hosted the 49ers in 81.  Tom Pridemore picked off Joe Montana and returned it 101 yards for a TD to seal the win, I remember that pretty well.  That same year my Aunt took me to a game against the Giants where the only things I remember is that it rained the whole time, it was completely miserable, and the Giants beat the Falcons in overtime on a FG.

I went to the Falcons playoff beat down of the Rams, and that was pretty cool.  Actually I went to both games against the Rams that year.  Marc Bulger got brutalized by Brady Smith in both of them.

My favorite Falcons game ever was Jerry Glanville's first game as coach against the Oilers.  The crowd was so fired up that day and so rabid that the Oilers actually looked scared on the field.  And they played like it too, the Falcons returned two fumbles for TDs in the first quarter and had a 27-0 lead in the second. Oilers scored a bunch of garbage time points but Deion iced it with his first career pick six. 

Over 200, I'd say. Had season tix from 1992 to 2016 (opened the Dome and closed it). Went to games before that in Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium as well. 

Seen some great football and saw a LOT of bad football. But was time with my Dad and my brother while we were growing up and I wouldn't trade a second of it.

Sadly, none.  I've only been to three NFL games in my life.

First game was was Indy @ Seattle when Manning was playing for Indy
Second game was Philly @ Seattle after 9/11

Third game I actually got paid to go to (I was working for SMG at the time) Tampa @ New Orleans the same day Ryan made his debut for the Falcons.