Field Turf Concerns

There apparently are growing concerns with the field turf at the new stadium in regards to injuries. There seems to have been a slew of leg injuries that have occured in both college and NFL games. That is something to keep an eye on from here on out. I really hope its just a bunch of smoke and it doesn't ruin our season.

3 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

What? Vic got injured because his leg got bent backwards awkwardly with someone falling on it. Shreaeder bumped into someone. Which injury was caused by the turf?

Vic's leg got stuck, Jordy injured his quad, Upshaw hurt his ankle, but I'm not solely talking about the game last night. I remember a report that Saban was unhappy with the turf when Alabama played there. 

15 hours ago, Jerz said:

Vic's leg got stuck, Jordy injured his quad, Upshaw hurt his ankle, but I'm not solely talking about the game last night. I remember a report that Saban was unhappy with the turf when Alabama played there. 

Vic's leg injury wasn't due to the turf. It was because he was sandwiched between two packers. Jordy gets injured every other game. Ankles happen all the time on any surface. Sabans a big d***. He was prob mad because the stadium took the attention away from him.

15 hours ago, brewman said:

Leg injuries seem to occur in virtually every football game regardless of whether the game is on artificial or real grass.  Unlikely this turf is causing injuries any more than other types of artificial turf.

The number one cause of leg injuries is using your legs. The league should ban legs.

From talking to someone in the turf industry (Our school just replaced the turf) the turf at MSB has more sand in the turf fill because of soccer.  If you notice more particles and sand flying up that is why.

Just what one guy in installation told me.   Here is our new field...

DHZA5wlXsAAMhO3.jpg:large

Edited by notthatcool

"The Falcons and Atlanta United will play on a FieldTurf surface when Mercedes-Benz Stadium opens.

FieldTurf announced Tuesday that the company will provide its “Revolution 360” artificial turf for the new stadium. The announcement signals a change of mind in the choice of turf provider for the downtown Atlanta stadium. A different turf company, GreenFields USA, was announced as the supplier in February 2016.

Atlanta United President Darren Eales said in a news release Tuesday that FieldTurf “is known to provide top quality surfaces for soccer facilities, including the Portland Timbers’ Providence Park, which is considered the best turf surface in MLS.”

Seattle’s CenturyLink Field, home of the NFL’s Seahawks and MLS’s defending champion Sounders, also uses the Revolution 360 turf, as does New England’s Gillette Stadium.

Falcons President and CEO Rich McKay noted in the news release that the Falcons have partnered with FieldTurf for over 14 years."

looks like they have have the same as the pats and an they had to cram it out to open the stadium and move cranes if I remember correctly..