Beasley has a Hamstring tear

lostnmexico

Vic Beasley has 17.5 sacks in his last 18 regular season games, and he just crushed Aaron Rodgers into a fine powder on national television last night. That’s the kind of production any defense would have trouble replacing, but it appears the Falcons will need to replace it, as Beasley will reportedly miss at least a month of the season.

This is not the news we wanted after we first heard this morning that Beasley’s injury was revealed to be relatively minor. The team will now be down its most prolific pass rusher against some of the lesser lights on their 2017 schedule, which is only a small consolation.

Beasley’s injury figures to keep him out against the Lions this weekend, against the Bills in Week 4, and at least the Dolphins in Week 6, with the Falcons’ bye week luckily falling on Week 5. We’ll have to hope Beasley can heal up to the point that he can at least return as a part-time pass rusher by that Week 7 tilt against the New England Patriots, where I dare say he’ll be a vital player to have. We won’t know for at least a couple of weeks what kind of track he’s on, however.

This means the Falcons will have to dig a little deeper into their rotation to get pass rushing production, especially with Courtney Upshaw also potentially shelved after suffering an injury last night. It also means rookie Takkarist McKinley, who has quietly been very good in the first two games of the season, will likely step into a much larger role and get a chance to prove himself. I’m hopeful he’ll be everything we’ve hoped for, because the Falcons will need him to be.

Edited by lostnmexico

It needs to be 100% healed, or he'll just tear it again even worse than the first time.  That coupled with the lack of cardio work he'll be able to do, and the way he was limping immediately afterwards, make me think it will be more like two months at best.  Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by brewman

20 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

We REALLY should sign Freeney, he can step right in and be a good stop gap for a month or so.

I highly doubt Freeney is coming for a month but I could honestly see him coming in. We may actually be okay with the pass rushers we have. Its just time for TaKK ATTACK!! He had a couple hurries and hits as well last night.