Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NobisFan60

The Official Falcons vs. Packers Game day thread

2,716 posts in this topic

Just now, WiscoFalcon said:

But Rodgers has beaten him four times... Am I missing something here? lol

I understand Matt has 5 now, but it's 5-4 unless Rodgers didn't play in one of those losses lol

Pretty sure Rodgers didn't play in one of them. Flynn started one of the games I think

WiscoFalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WiscoFalcon said:

But Rodgers has beaten him four times... Am I missing something here? lol

I understand Matt has 5 now, but it's 5-4 unless Rodgers didn't play in one of those losses lol

EDIT: Matt Flynn beat us once. 

But it wasn't tied before this game according to the stat I saw. If Rodgers had 4 then it would have been 4-4 before this game. Or are you saying now that one of those was Flynn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuego said:

But it wasn't tied before this game according to the stat I saw. If Rodgers had 4 then it would have been 4-4 before this game. Or are you saying now that one of those was Flynn?

Yep, one of those losses for Ryan against Green Bay was against Matt Flynn.

So, technically Ryan is 5-3 against Aaron Rodgers, but 5-4 against Green Bay. 

Ergo Proxy and fuego like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Can we safely say that the Falcons are better team than the Packers?

The Falcons are the best team in the NFC.  Teams are going to challenge and might win some games against us. But if we stay healthy no NFC team will stop us from going to the Super Bowl again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

The Falcons are the best team in the NFC.  Teams are going to challenge and might win some games against us. But if we stay healthy no NFC team will stop us from going to the Super Bowl again.

This. And I think we face Oakland, Denver or New England. And I think we win. 

JDaveG, FalconMama and falconidae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Matt Ryan is Aaron Rodgers father. 

The Falcons MVP quarterback is the best QB in the NFC and possibly the NFL. What a time to be alive.

What a time indeed my friend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Sad thing is that half of those penalties are bogus 

 

It really does seem like he gets very little respect from officials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

They aren't the only team.  Teams make runs.  Especially teams with great quarterbacks.

This game was never in danger, though and the defense is better by far.  Couple of defensive calls I didn't like that I bet Manual would like back, and one or two times somebody got caught trying to do too much... like that touchdown where Alford got beaten, Neal should have been over the top.

The prevent defense was the right call.  We all hate it because teams move up the field easily.

If Beasley had been on the field, Rodgers would have been grounded and pounded into submission.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Remember folks, despite whipping that *** 3 times in less than a year, the Falcons aren't as good a team as the Packers if you listen to the pundits.

ultimately that is true.

no one nationally really gives a hang about Atl..and they never will.

Rodgers will have 10 commercials to Ryan's 2 small spots in commercials. Rodgers will have an SB ring that Ryan will never get.

The Packers have a national long term old school following passed down to younger fans that Atl will never accomplish.

the pundits arent wrong.

I Picked Atl to win tonight for obvious reasons and I expect them to make playoffs..but I know it ends there.The Pack will make the playoffs too because they always do...and thats why they are and always will be better.

..just not tonight though.

and next week the Falcons will then help the Packers Cause by beating Detroit lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 10_bartkowski said:

ultimately that is true.

no one nationally really gives a hang about Atl..and they never will.

Rodgers will have 10 commercials to Ryan's 2 small spots in commercials. Rodgers will have an SB ring that Ryan will never get.

The Packers have a national long term old school following passed down to younger fans that Atl will never accomplish.

the pundits arent wrong.

I Picked Atl to win tonight for obvious reasons and I expect them to make playoffs..but I know it ends there.The Pack will make the playoffs too because they always do...and thats why they are and always will be better.

..just not tonight though.

and next week the Falcons will then help the Packers Cause by beating Detroit lol

 

The pack is not a better team than the falcons. Not last 3 games, not now. 

For all of Rodgers physical gifts, he's the one that turned the ball over twice. The int was a stupid play.

And, Ryan will never win the Superbowl? Really, this is the best team Ryan has ever been on, the perfect offense for him and he's in his prime.

No reason he can't win one next 2-3 years. At least one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 10_bartkowski said:

ultimately that is true.

no one nationally really gives a hang about Atl..and they never will.

Rodgers will have 10 commercials to Ryan's 2 small spots in commercials. Rodgers will have an SB ring that Ryan will never get.

The Packers have a national long term old school following passed down to younger fans that Atl will never accomplish.

the pundits arent wrong.

I Picked Atl to win tonight for obvious reasons and I expect them to make playoffs..but I know it ends there.The Pack will make the playoffs too because they always do...and thats why they are and always will be better.

..just not tonight though.

and next week the Falcons will then help the Packers Cause by beating Detroit lol

 

Oh look: a pathetic troll with an ignorant post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, middlegatv said:

Oh look: a pathetic troll with an ignorant post.

Lol that's really childish and uncalled for. I gave a independent opinion you just don't like.It doesn't qualify  as trolling. I did pick Falcons  to win. It was easy.They were hosting their first home game in a new stadium. They wanted people to leave happy and buying stuff. There was no way the Pack would win. It's just sports dude.im not attacking a member of you family with a knife. I didn't insult  you either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites