RYNE

Tevin Coleman replacement

23 posts in this topic

This offseason when Tevin Coleman comes due for a new deal I really don't think Atlanta will be able to pay him. He has the talent to start for some team like the colts. Probably going to price himself out of Atlanta considering all the other guys who need paid. 

IF/When that happens Iowa's Akrum Wadley is the pefect fit. Probably a 3rd/4th round pick. Not quite the straight line speed as Teco but close and quick as helI. Zone runner. Great pass catcher. I would love to see him in Atlanta. Be great tandem with Freeman. 

giphy-2.gif

EGPmn3.gif

Yeah, it's unlikely we can retain Coleman but he is under contract for 2017 AND 2018 seasons.

I don't know if Brian Hill is going to stick and Teron Ward is just a guy as depth. We might draft another RB in 2018 or might just wait until 2019.  

I would be intrigued with drafting Sony Michel next year.

osiruz and SkerFalcon8710 like this

2 hours ago, m2Falcons said:

Yeah, it's unlikely we can retain Coleman but he is under contract for 2017 AND 2018 seasons.

I don't know if Brian Hill is going to stick and Teron Ward is just a guy as depth. We might draft another RB in 2018 or might just wait until 2019.  

Brian Hill doesn't seem like anything special to me. I think Ward is severely underrated. He is good 3rd string. Wadley would be perfect. 

osiruz likes this

On 9/16/2017 at 3:45 PM, RYNE said:

This offseason when Tevin Coleman comes due for a new deal I really don't think Atlanta will be able to pay him. He has the talent to start for some team like the colts. Probably going to price himself out of Atlanta considering all the other guys who need paid. 

IF/When that happens Iowa's Akrum Wadley is the pefect fit. Probably a 3rd/4th round pick. Not quite the straight line speed as Teco but close and quick as helI. Zone runner. Great pass catcher. I would love to see him in Atlanta. Be great tandem with Freeman. 

giphy-2.gif

EGPmn3.gif

Really like this RB. I'll have to keep an eye on him now. He has speed, very elusive, excellent vision, and outstanding agility. Half of his highlights are against #3 Michigan and he specifically makes first round pick Peppers miss at 0:43 and 1:00. WOW 2:21 was Le'Veon Bell-esque. After watching his highlights, Bell is a comparison I have for him though Bell is bigger. Maybe he's more similar to Charles. His stats are impressive as well. 6 yds/carry 2015, 6.4 yds/carry 2016, 4.3 yds/carry (so far) in 2017 and 19 TD's! Bell went to Michigan St and there may be another great RB coming out of the Big 10 in 2018. There seems to be a lot of talent in the 2018 draft. I may have to start watching more college football now. 

REER STATS RUSHING RECEIVING
        SEASON ATT  YDS AVG  LNG  TD  REC  YDS  AVG  LNG  TD
             2017 60   258 4.3   35  1  6 152 25.3 68  1
             2016 168  1081  6.4  75 10  36 315 8.8 30  3
             2015 83  496 6.0  65  7  6 94 15.7 31  1
             2014 33  186 5.6  26  1  1 -1 -1.0 0  0

What do you think @Kayoh ? I know you watch college football

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

1 hour ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Really like this RB. I'll have to keep an eye on him now. He has speed, very elusive, excellent vision, and outstanding agility. Half of his highlights are against #3 Michigan and he specifically makes first round pick Peppers miss at 0:43 and 1:00. WOW 2:21 was Le'Veon Bell-esque. After watching his highlights, Bell is a comparison I have for him though Bell is bigger. Maybe he's more similar to Charles. His stats are impressive as well. 6 yds/carry 2015, 6.4 yds/carry 2016, 4.3 yds/carry (so far) in 2017 and 19 TD's! Bell went to Michigan St and there may be another great RB coming out of the Big 10 in 2018. There seems to be a lot of talent in the 2018 draft. I may have to start watching more college football now. 

REER STATS RUSHING RECEIVING
        SEASON ATT  YDS AVG  LNG  TD  REC  YDS  AVG  LNG  TD
             2017 60   258 4.3   35  1  6 152 25.3 68  1
             2016 168  1081  6.4  75 10  36 315 8.8 30  3
             2015 83  496 6.0  65  7  6 94 15.7 31  1
             2014 33  186 5.6  26  1  1 -1 -1.0 0  0

What do you think @Kayoh ? I know you watch college football

athleticism is extremely important for RBs so I'll reserve my judgements until the combine.

On 9/16/2017 at 3:45 PM, RYNE said:

giphy-2.gif

EGPmn3.gif

Coleman isn't due for a new deal until the offseason after the 2018 season. We drafted him in 2015, rookie deals are 4 years, so that's 2015, 16, 17, and 18.

osiruz likes this

2 hours ago, Kayoh said:

Coleman isn't due for a new deal until the offseason after the 2018 season. We drafted him in 2015, rookie deals are 4 years, so that's 2015, 16, 17, and 18.

It's been pretty standard policy so far for Quinn and Co, to begin talks, and usually finish and extend, before a player's final season.

43 minutes ago, hjerry said:

It's been pretty standard policy so far for Quinn and Co, to begin talks, and usually finish and extend, before a player's final season.

That's true but I don't think they'll do that with Coleman. If they get a new deal done I'm guessing it'll be right before he becomes a FA in 2019.

7 hours ago, Kayoh said:

athleticism is extremely important for RBs so I'll reserve my judgements until the combine.

Fair enough

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

I think were keeping  coleman fellas.

I hope you're right. I love Teco. He's worth another $6 or so million a year to maintain the single best RB tandem in the NFL, especially if we back-load his contract in a way that lines up so that we don't pay him like a true #1 RB until after Freeman's current contract ends.

Domed Outter likes this

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, m2Falcons said:

I would rather have sony Michel. 

m2Falcons likes this

This guy is so good. He's a perfect scheme fit here. If he could be had with a mid round pick, why not go and get him? I don't think Tevin Coleman will be retained when his contract is up because so many defense guys should be in for a big pay day. Investing a year early on a guy you believe in could pay off big time.

I like the tape, but his running style is much more similar to Freeman's than Teco's. Sony Michele is this year's Teco. They are "One cut and GONE" guys.

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I'm hearing 3rd

That would be great if he did. Dude reminds me of a faster Le'veon Bell. Not saying he is Le'veon, just think he's very patient and he has break away speed. Personally, I have him as one of the top if not neck and neck. To me it's him Chubb, and Barkley as my top guys. Not too high on Guice or Love.

Edited by datchrisb1
Knight of God likes this

8 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

That would be great if he did. Dude reminds me of a faster Le'veon Bell. Not saying he is Le'veon, just think he's very patient and he has break away speed. Personally, I have him as one of the top if not neck and neck. To me it's him Chubb, and Barkley as my top guys. Not too high on Guice or Love.

Same here. I think its Ballage's lack of carries though. He is used as a change of pace back. I watched a couple of games just to get an idea. He lines up RB/FB/TE/WR and each one it seems every game.

datchrisb1 likes this

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

Same here. I think its Ballage's lack of carries though. He is used as a change of pace back. I watched a couple of games just to get an idea. He lines up RB/FB/TE/WR and each one it seems every game.

Yeah, but you would think that would be a good thing. Less wear on the tires. Can't see them looking at his film and like you said the dude playing everywhere, great vision as a running back, power, speed, and he's going to blow up the combine. I think he's mid first by the time the draft comes at the very least.

Knight of God likes this

2 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Yeah, but you would think that would be a good thing. Less wear on the tires. Can't see them looking at his film and like you said the dude playing everywhere, great vision as a running back, power, speed, and he's going to blow up the combine. I think he's mid first by the time the draft comes at the very least.

I don't unless he has a huge combine. You are thinking with logic sir...lol

datchrisb1 likes this

On 9/18/2017 at 10:14 PM, Kayoh said:

I hope you're right. I love Teco. He's worth another $6 or so million a year to maintain the single best RB tandem in the NFL, especially if we back-load his contract in a way that lines up so that we don't pay him like a true #1 RB until after Freeman's current contract ends.

Cant breakup Batman and Robin. 

Iowa is one of my lifetime college teams  I can vouch that Wadley is a beast. If we can come away from this draft with Josey Jewell and Wadley then I'll be stoked.

All that said, I hope we can afford to keep Tevin.