Jump to content

The Main Thing I Take From This Last Game


Knight of God
 Share

Recommended Posts

We won. We go into Week 1-0 against a tough team. I think we have a strong shot, there was a lot of momentum and emotion at the end of that last game. Its going to be a good, tough, game, but its still Green Bay and the QB is still Aaron Rodgers. We got him good last year, but going in on a strong win, putting up 23 and now a pass defense with something to prove...I love our odds. Its NOT a process, but we have a ways to go. Did you all forget #In Brotherhood #Rise Up? Well Rise Up! As Supes would say Shields Up because game two is days away and inevitable.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

We won. We go into Week 1-0 against a tough team. I think we have a strong shot, there was a lot of momentum and emotion at the end of that last game. Its going to be a good, tough, game, but its still Green Bay and the QB is still Aaron Rodgers. We got him good last year, but going in on a strong win, putting up 23 and now a pass defense with something to prove...I love our odds. Its NOT a process, but we have a ways to go. Did you all forget #In Brotherhood #Rise Up? Well Rise Up! As Supes would say Shields Up because game two is days away and inevitable.

 

Yep, Green Bay was embarrassed after that game.   They are healthy now and guarantee you they will bring their best.   Aaron Rodgers is smart, competitive and extremely talented.   He is going to be out for revenge.

The good news is that the Falcons know this well.   They will be prepared.    I think this will be a great battle - but I don't see a blow-out for anyone.     So get ready, Fam, because this one is likely going to be a nail biting, heart pounding, up and down roller coaster ride. 

Here's to coming out on top - injury free and 2-0 going into week 3!

Rise Up In Brotherhood!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went back and forth on making a thread of my own but I don't usually like making threads so I'll post my thoughts here too.

The first thing that struck me from the game was that I forgot how universally maligned Soldier Field is, and I couldn't help but realize that we were extremely lucky to be the first team playing on that surface in early September. That field will be claiming ACLs in five games. Their field being trash blew up quite a few of our plays, we're very lucky it didn't blow out a few knees and ankles. The amount of grass that was coming up on every cut was amazing. 

The other thing that I noticed is that Sark is going to get blamed for every play that goes wrong, regardless of the reason they go wrong. People were already blaming Sark for drives that stalled because of players slipping, batted balls, poor blocking, etc. in a win, can you imagine what'll happen when a game like the Eagles game from last year occurs, a game we played under the boy genius who had one and a half seasons with the roster? I'm ready for Sark to get scapegoated for every bad thing that happens on offense and get basically no credit for the good things that occur. 

Also, our defense didn't play a perfect game, but our pass rush did very well against what was said to be a solid O-Line. If we can passrush Rodgers even better than last year, especially with those Tackles on the Injury Report this week, we have a great chance at 2-0. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sven said:

I went back and forth on making a thread of my own but I don't usually like making threads so I'll post my thoughts here too.

The first thing that struck me from the game was that I forgot how universally maligned Soldier Field is, and I couldn't help but realize that we were extremely lucky to be the first team playing on that surface in early September. That field will be claiming ACLs in five games. Their field being trash blew up quite a few of our plays, we're very lucky it didn't blow out a few knees and ankles. The amount of grass that was coming up on every cut was amazing. 

The other thing that I noticed is that Sark is going to get blamed for every play that goes wrong, regardless of the reason they go wrong. People were already blaming Sark for drives that stalled because of players slipping, batted balls, poor blocking, etc. in a win, can you imagine what'll happen when a game like the Eagles game from last year occurs, a game we played under the boy genius who had one and a half seasons with the roster? I'm ready for Sark to get scapegoated for every bad thing that happens on offense and get basically no credit for the good things that occur. 

Also, our defense didn't play a perfect game, but our pass rush did very well against what was said to be a solid O-Line. If we can passrush Rodgers even better than last year, especially with those Tackles on the Injury Report this week, we have a great chance at 2-0. 

Respect! Great post!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mularkey, Kotter, Shanahan and now Sarkisian. There will always be someone who finds something to complain about their play calling. Like Sven and KOG said, take the W and on to the next game with a healthy team. Just enjoy this great team, it will be remembered as the best in Falcons history

Edited by anm263
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was probably to critical, but it was like I was on a second date that had been scheduled for a few months. 

She had 44DD's, and the fanfare from the first date had me all excited about the second date.

The clothes came off, (well at least she didn't have a di!k) that's always a good start, but then these wonderful bossoms full of such fire and suppleness, turned into nothing but padding.

Sure I got the win, but....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, citsalp said:

I was probably to critical, but it was like I was on a second date that had been scheduled for a few months. 

She had 44DD's, and the fanfare from the first date had me all excited about the second date.

The clothes came off, (well at least she didn't have a di!k) that's always a good start, but then these wonderful bossoms full of such fire and suppleness, turned into nothing but padding.

Sure I got the win, but....

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, anm263 said:

Mularkey, Kotter, Shanahan and now Sarkisian. There will always be someone who finds something to complain about their play calling. Like Sven and KOG said, take the W and on to the next game with a healthy team. Just enjoy this great team, it will be remembered as the best in Falcons history

Despite all those OC's Matt is 86-57 running their offenses. Maybe he is doing something right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good post knight. My take is we won on the road, we showed some extreme defensive speed and our tight end is gonna make a bunch of big plays.

I also saw multiple plays where our inside push didn't allow stepping up into the pocket, allowing our pressure from the outside to get to the QB. That's gonna be huge moving forward. I saw our safety's make bone rattling tackles and frankly, we don't need to talk about either spots for a long time. We are good. 

I also saw our backs running hard and we will get the Oline working together. We have elite WR's and backs and with ICE we are gonna soar with a new quick reaction force on defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Falcons had a lot of near misses on offense and defense last week that can be attributed to rust and will be tuned in this week.  The Bears played hard and played mistake free football, and the Falcons still beat them on their own crappy field.  It was a good win.

I think the Falcons are going to beat the Packers because I do think they will clean up the mistakes and I think the Packers are just an inferior team to the Falcons almost across the board.

The idea that that Packers might bring something "extra" for this game would imply that the Packers gave it less than everything they had in the NFC Championship game, and I just can't see that.

The wild card here is the opening of the new building.  That can bring extra energy, but also extra pressure.  Fortunately our guys are pressure tested and I think ultimately that works in the Falcons favor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I got from last game is this: 4 sacks! Once these guys really gel, we could have a nasty defense. I was worried over the off-season that our defenses' improvement from 15 to 16 may have been a fluke, but now I'm not worried about that all. I expect big things out of this defense once they shake the rust off. 

I am a little worried about the offense. I hope Sarks realizes what he has on offense and uses the strategies that propelled us to the Super Bowl last year, like passing to open up the run and spreading the ball around. One of the commentators during the Bears game said we looked a lot like Smith's Falcons offense... yuck! I don't mind taking a conservative approach to some games...some opponents you game-plan differently than others, and hopefully the conservative offensive game-plan from Sunday is how Sarks approaches Chicago and not every opponent we face. If our offense gets back to averaging 30 points a game and our defense is getting 4 to 5 sacks a game, then we're going deep into the playoffs again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My take on the offense is that it was like trying to start a car on a cold winter morning. It'll almost start and almost start, then crank up. 

Without being really started they scored 23 points on a solid defense. If any one of a dozen plays had worked better- no slip down, better communication on the Oline, little more accurate throw, one more block-they score another TD,win by double digits and the perception of the game is much different. If the Falcons score 27 and allow 17, everybody feels better about the defense as well.

This week, the car starts and the offense rolls, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tandy said:

Yep, Green Bay was embarrassed after that game.   They are healthy now and guarantee you they will bring their best.   Aaron Rodgers is smart, competitive and extremely talented.   He is going to be out for revenge.

The good news is that the Falcons know this well.   They will be prepared.    I think this will be a great battle - but I don't see a blow-out for anyone.     So get ready, Fam, because this one is likely going to be a nail biting, heart pounding, up and down roller coaster ride. 

Here's to coming out on top - injury free and 2-0 going into week 3!

Rise Up In Brotherhood!

Didn't GB want revenge for the regular season loss in the playoffs? Weren't they on an 8 game winning streak? Aren't the Falcons much healthier now as well?

Yeah, They've got Rodgers, it may be a nail biter, and it may be that that neither of GB's starting tackles play, the packer offense never gets started, and the falcons offense rolls. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Didn't GB want revenge for the regular season loss in the playoffs? Weren't they on an 8 game winning streak? Aren't the Falcons much healthier now as well?

Yeah, They've got Rodgers, it may be a nail biter, and it may be that that neither of GB's starting tackles play, the packer offense never gets started, and the falcons offense rolls. 

 

I'll be watching the GB offensive line very closely. Right now, we don't know much about them. They got rolled on a number of snaps last week but that was against an elite defensive front. This should give both fanbases more info to work with. Is their OL a concern? Is our pass rush as legit as it looked against Chicago? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Didn't GB want revenge for the regular season loss in the playoffs? Weren't they on an 8 game winning streak? Aren't the Falcons much healthier now as well?

Yeah, They've got Rodgers, it may be a nail biter, and it may be that that neither of GB's starting tackles play, the packer offense never gets started, and the falcons offense rolls. 

 

Certainly possible.    That's why you play the game!    

I think I'm gonna get myself all rev'd up for a nail biter - and if we cruise - I'll laugh at myself all the way home!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...