fuego

"Steve Sarkisian was horrendous" Jason Whitlock

325 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2017 at 9:15 PM, stizz said:

The coach said he wants his star WR to get more touches, but you have trouble with comprehension so no use in continuing the conversation. 

if your line can't hold up, why would you risk chunking the ball all around the field? Schweitzer had a hard time holding up in his 1st start. protect your man until he gets his feet under him. Obviously, Julio is the man. this is a process of 4 months of football. as he gets more comfortable. you will see more. how about, let's win games and ease the guy into his role. 1 big mistake and that could be Matt Ryan's season.

Falconsfan567 likes this

I didn't have a real problem with most of the play-calling.

The only one that really set me off was our last 3rd down play where we only ran Julio a few yards downfield.

5 minutes ago, middlegatv said:

The only one that really set me off was our last 3rd down play where we only ran Julio a few yards downfield.

It's called Smitty Ball.

PokerSteve likes this

On September 13, 2017 at 11:28 AM, JDaveG said:

It just kills me that people blame the OC when things don't go well.

<snip>

I think Sark is going to be fine.  People just like to blame the OC when things don't go perfectly.  He'll get it sorted out.  The dude knows football better than any of his critics (Jason Whitlock included).

Totally agree.  Whenever in life does all the blame fall upon one person, especially in the context of a team? Are we seriously expecting Sark to know how his new offense will perform for the first time against a new defense in a new scheme? :lol:

35 1/2 % of Falcons offense was passing plays on 1st or 2nd down.  check it out yourself at pro-football-reference.com

Quarter Time Down ToGo Location Detail ATL CHI EPB EPA Win%
1 13:13 1 10 ATL 18 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Julio Jones for 19 yards (tackle by Marcus Cooper) 0 0 0.040 1.400 28.1
1 12:33 1 10 ATL 37 Matt Ryan pass complete short right to Taylor Gabriel for 14 yards (tackle by Marcus Cooper) 0 0 1.400 2.320 25.8
1 11:23 2 7 CHI 46 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Tevin Coleman for 3 yards (tackle by Willie Young) 0 0 2.190 1.880 27.0
1 10:01 1 10 CHI 38 Matt Ryan pass complete short right to Mohamed Sanu for 7 yards (tackle by Leonard Floyd and Jerrell Freeman) 0 0 3.050 3.450 23.3
1 5:25 1 10 ATL 30 Matt Ryan pass incomplete short left intended for Tevin Coleman 3 0 0.940 0.390 23.7
2 11:28 1 10 ATL 17 Matt Ryan pass complete deep right to Julio Jones for 18 yards (tackle by Eddie Jackson) 3 3 -0.060 1.270 30.3
2 10:13 2 9 ATL 36 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Taylor Gabriel for 18 yards (tackle by Quintin Demps) 3 3 0.860 2.520 26.6
2 9:35 1 10 CHI 46 Matt Ryan pass complete short left to Tevin Coleman for 8 yards (tackle by Kyle Fuller) 3 3 2.520 3.060 25.1
2 6:54 2 16 CHI 40 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Julio Jones for 25 yards (tackle by Marcus Cooper) 3 3 1.960 4.580 20.8
3 11:33 2 10 ATL 20 Matt Ryan pass complete short left to Devonta Freeman for no gain 10 10 -0.270 -0.960 41.5
3 8:39 1 10 ATL 14 Matt Ryan pass incomplete short right intended for Tevin Coleman (defended by Leonard Floyd) 10 10 -0.280 -0.750 41.5
3 8:32 2 10 ATL 14 Matt Ryan pass complete short right to Tevin Coleman for 11 yards (tackle by Jerrell Freeman) 10 10 -0.750 0.610 35.4
3 6:22 1 10 ATL 38 Matt Ryan pass complete short left to Devonta Freeman for 2 yards (tackle by Jerrell Freeman) 10 10 1.470 1.190 33.1
3 5:10 1 10 CHI 45 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Tevin Coleman for 20 yards (tackle by Eddie Jackson) 10 10 2.590 3.910 21.8
3 4:27 1 10 CHI 25 Matt Ryan pass complete short middle to Mohamed Sanu for 15 yards (tackle by Eddie Jackson) 10 10 3.910 4.910 18.0
3 3:05 2 14 CHI 14 Matt Ryan pass complete short right to Taylor Gabriel for 4 yards (tackle by Marcus Cooper) 10 10 3.580 3.130 24.6
4 12:54 1 10 ATL 5 Matt Ryan pass complete short left to Mohamed Sanu for 7 yards (tackle by Kyle Fuller) 13 10 -0.380 -0.270 25.5
4 12:13 2 3 ATL 12 Matt Ryan pass incomplete short right intended for Mohamed Sanu 13 10 -0.270 -0.600 27.0
4 7:26 1 10 ATL 25 Matt Ryan pass incomplete short right intended for Julio Jones (defended by Marcus Cooper) 20 17 0.610 0.060 20.8
4 7:21 2 10 ATL 25 Matt Ryan pass incomplete short left intended for Derrick Coleman (defended by Kyle Fuller) 20 17 0.060 -0.620 25.1
4 5:57 2 11 CHI 36 Matt Ryan pass complete short right to Mohamed Sanu for 8 yards (tackle by Jerrell Freeman) 20 17 2.570 2.940 6.1
Edited by falcoatlantae
what?

9 hours ago, middlegatv said:

I remember this play too and was irritated. Need 8 yards? Lets throw it 3 yards. Its mind boggling.

middlegatv likes this

On 9/12/2017 at 7:59 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

Why do people think the play calling was so bad? It's like people don't understand football.

The play calling sucked period, very vanilla like watching a college game. I'll give Sark a pass being his first game but if he brings that ******** against GB it wont be pretty. Let's hope he watches a lot of film and listens to Matt.

caponine and PokerSteve like this

8 hours ago, fuego said:

On the one hand, I would never say it's never the OC's fault. I only said you have to evaluate why the offense failed to perform and most people here can't be bothered to do that (as evidenced by them not posting in the very thread where that is being discussed). 

On the other hand, Zampese was fired by people with precisely that knowledge. And Sark is still employed. So.....

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

The play calling sucked period, very vanilla like watching a college game. I'll give Sark a pass being his first game but if he brings that ******** against GB it wont be pretty. Let's hope he watches a lot of film and listens to Matt.

PERIOD!

:rolleyes:

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 hour ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

I remember this play too and was irritated. Need 8 yards? Lets throw it 3 yards. Its mind boggling.

Can you see the All-22 film of that play? Do you know what routes we were running on that play? Do you know for sure we had no one go past the sticks or did Matt just take the safe play?

JDaveG likes this

1 hour ago, Xfactor said:

Oh cares? So what, we played it safe against a good front 7 on a field where our guys were falling all over themselves? Had we gone balls to the wall and lost you people would be bitching about losing. But no, we're sitting here having to listen to you clowns ***** about winning because we didn't score 30 plus points against a top 10 defense? That's freaking hilarious.

12 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

On the one hand, I would never say it's never the OC's fault. I only said you have to evaluate why the offense failed to perform and most people here can't be bothered to do that (as evidenced by them not posting in the very thread where that is being discussed). 

On the other hand, Zampese was fired by people with precisely that knowledge. And Sark is still employed. So.....

He wasn't just fired for 2 games. He was fired for 18 games of horrendous offense. But these clowns are trying to pass it off as only 2 games to fit their narrative.

JDaveG, Rhodaric and Vandy like this

24 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Where's the "Kyle Shanahan is an irreplaceable genius" folks at now? 2 games in and the 49ers are 0-2 and have scored a total of 12 points and no touchdowns.

Bro, be realistic. Nobody expected him to go to the lowly 49ers and work miracles in their first two games. Or even the first season. No coach could do it.

RandomFan likes this

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Bro, be realistic. Nobody expected him to go to the lowly 49ers and work miracles in their first two games. Or even the first season. No coach could do it.

So you admit, that Kyle can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****? Thanks for making my point for me. Kyle benefited just as much from the talent on a loaded Falcons roster as the players did from him. That was my whole point.

Rhodaric and falconidae like this

8 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

So you admit, that Kyle can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****? Thanks for making my point for me. Kyle benefited just as much from the talent on a loaded Falcons roster as the players did from him. That was my whole point.

It's not making any point for you. Nobody said he didn't benefit from the talent. But I believe most here would agree that no Kyle, no SB. Well except for the ones butt hurt over his play calling in the SB. That doesn't change how important he was to this team. To say anything else is just revisionist history. And dumb. 

RandomFan likes this

16 minutes ago, fuego said:

It's not making any point for you. Nobody said he didn't benefit from the talent. But I believe most here would agree that no Kyle, no SB. Well except for the ones butt hurt over his play calling in the SB. That doesn't change how important he was to this team. To say anything else is just revisionist history. And dumb. 

What about after the preseason last year when Ryan was broke because of Kyle? Kyle was the devil in 2015. But now the Falcons have no chance in heIl of winning the SB without him? You people are hilarious.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

But now the Falcons have no chance in heIl of winning the SB without him? You people are hilarious.

I don't think you'll see that in my post. 

14 hours ago, fuego said:

The whole offseason narrative about the falcons is "28-3" and Ryan will suffer without KS.  No one ever points out that Shanahan never had an offense like last year either, he benefited jut as much from Ryan as Ryan did from him.

2 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

So many first week "oh noes" were erased...it ain't even funny.

GO FALCONS 

Falcons are top 8 in yards and points on offense. And they aren't hitting on all cylinders yet. once the Oline gets settled down and they big guns get their timing down, be much like last year.

JDaveG likes this

4 hours ago, falconidae said:

The whole offseason narrative about the falcons is "28-3" and Ryan will suffer without KS.  No one ever points out that Shanahan never had an offense like last year either, he benefited jut as much from Ryan as Ryan did from him.

Exactly.