Atlanta United September Thread

I'm seeing New England fans complain about the ref on twitter. First off it was 1-0 like 90 secs into the game. Also those were pretty clear cut handballs, and buddy was hacking away at ankles for the first red.

I could maybe quibble with 2nd red given they were already a man down and maybe you could show a little leeway but by the book it was a CLEAR unnatural impediment of a goal scoring opportunity which is a red.

Edit: Actually on that first red thought I thought he was already sitting on yellow, so straight red may in fact have been questionable

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Saturdays game is already the highest tickets sold allotment in MLS history 

Apparently the MB stadium operators fully opened the stadium to ATLUTD (included top row seats). That number of tix sold is pretty much the max capacity of MBS.

Edited by JerseyNo12

35 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Apparently the MB stadium operators fully opened the stadium to ATLUTD (included top row seats). That number of tix sold is pretty much the max capacity of MBS.

Supposedly there's still little things they can do (temporary MNF setups, standing areas etc) that could potentially break the all time American pro soccer attendance record.

59 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Supposedly there's still little things they can do (temporary MNF setups, standing areas etc) that could potentially break the all time American pro soccer attendance record.

Yeah. I believe they've sold just over 69,000 tickets. Max seating capacity is 71,000. I believe max total (with standing room) is about 75k to 80k. In any case, they're well on their way to breaking a couple of attendance records.

AB ought to be really proud of the work he did with United. If the US ever hosts a World Cup again or any major international soccer tournament (e.g. Copa America), Atlanta/MBS will be among the preferred destinations/venues. Not only is the team killing it (everything from getting Tata Martino as manager and the player personnel) on and off the field, the fan turnout has been nothing short of outstanding. I live in DC and I've already seen one guy in an ATLUTD jersey (besides myself).

One of these days I'll head down to Atlanta again and catch a United and Falcons game in the same weekend.

Edited by JerseyNo12

1 hour ago, DirtybyrdGA said:

Live on the United FB page too.

Watched it on my phone on FB.

Guzan played like garbage. If his goalkeeping wasn't so bad we would have won this game. Goalkeeping 101: always cover the near post. Didn't even challenge the ball while it was in the air for the third goal and let the guy have a clean look at goal. 

15 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Watched it on my phone on FB.

Guzan played like garbage. If his goalkeeping wasn't so bad we would have won this game. Goalkeeping 101: always cover the near post. Didn't even challenge the ball while it was in the air for the third goal and let the guy have a clean look at goal. 

Dude showed his age this game big time, TERRIBLE judgment on the last 2 goals. As a former goalkeeper myself I was appalled lol