Four reasons why we may not lose a game this year.

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL....we're 2-0.

Yeap! But remember how in the past ,, we would always lose to GB? We did more than beat them,, We beat them like a high school team... That was the game I knew I would find out if this thread was legit or if it was going to be a bust!  And not only did we beat GB like cake batter.. we beat the slop out of them.  I've never seen us beat them that bad.. or should I say Good! :tiphat: I knew that if we can just win this game,, this threads chance of coming true would be at least 75% better chance of not losing this year. Because in years past,, if anybody could beat us, it would be GB... They have had our number for the last 20 years.. It's so nice to see the tide turn our way,,

In a big way.. Against Green Bay.... Yes we are just 2-0 , but for us to beat GB like that.. Tell me when's the last time we beat the tire out of GB???:golfclap:. That should tell you something.... We have a lethal team this year. Not just a good team, we have a great team. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like said before so many things have to go right for this team to go 19-0. Really makes me wonder now what the team's mentality is at the moment from winning their 1st 2 games of the season after that horrible loss and quieting all the hangover talk. You can't tell me they're not thinking of curbstomping every opponent they come across. Using the defeat from the SB as fuel. If we make it to the bye undefeated you best believe that this season isn't anything short of a revenge tour.

On 9/8/2017 at 10:05 AM, Draftnut57 said:

This time last year I made what turned out to be the largest thread I've ever posted on this site. It's Title was, " 4 Reasons why we will be a top 4 team this year.. I first made it to say top 2 team.. Should have left my first gut feeling alone and posted what I really believed. But for now,, This year for this team I want to give 4 reasons why we may not lose a game.

1. Not only did we have the best off season this year in all the talent we picked up, Last year was the best off season till this one. Add these two together and you have IMO the most talented team in the league. 

2. Like last year.... where we had the best draft in the History of this team.. The 2017 draft may be as good or even better that the 2016 draft. But when you think of having two back to back years with the talent we have brought in added to one of the best QBs in he league. Well, you can figure it out why I think we have a great chance to go undefeated.

3. This year we also had IMO the best FA pick ups ever , Again!, yes, it was a close tie to last year. But Poe may match the importance to the D# that Mack made to the O# The key here is ... We now have Mack and Poe on OUR team.. Remember the old Country song.. "He's big in the middle and broad across the rump, going 90 miles an hour and 30 feet a jump. He never gets caught and He never gets treed, some folks say he looks a lot like me. ,, Well, at least the first part of that song is true... "We have the Beef"  for both O and D lines.

4. Last but not least, I'm pretty sure that our FO and Coaches have learned to never leave the run game.. As I'm sure you know, I've been really upset that we didn't run the ball in the 4th Quarter to have won the game. BTW,, that is a fact.. It's been proven on paper that If we had just ran the ball more in the last half we would have won that game and it works so much to help our top passing game.. Ryan is as good as it gets in the passing game with all these weapons we now have. (See the game last night with KC running over NE.) Simple Grammar School Football,, The run opens up the passing game ,, and the passing game opens up the Running game.. When we go one dimensional ,, the opposing teams will be able to stop us with ease,, Just like we did in the forth Quarter of our last game.  Bottom line but not least.. I'm pretty sure your not going to see this happen again. 

This is my Story , and I'm sticking to it... WE have a great chance to make History this year. I fill just as confident that this blog may come true as last years blog of being a top 4 team.  Yours Truly ... Draftnut57 

In case you missed the other tag, here's another reason: :tiphat:

47 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

The team I'm most concerned about is not NE . It's KC,, That is the team I'm concerned about,, They are IMO ,,, #2 ranked in my book,, We are #1 also in my book,, But the one team that truly scares me,, is KC. It's all going to depend on who has a Good day on that day we play them in the playoffs.

Well, if we're playing them, we're back in the Super Bowl, so I'll take that match-up. :D

I think that would be a fascinating game. And I truly think we'd come out on top.

11 hours ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

Well, if we're playing them, we're back in the Super Bowl, so I'll take that match-up. :D

I think that would be a fascinating game. And I truly think we'd come out on top.

Well,, I think we can win also.. But they are IMO the #2 team in the NFL. But I think we should be #1 ranked. I believe NE is #3. 

The thing is ,, Any given game ,, if we have a let down at all with either of these two teams.. We will be in trouble.. But thankful I haven't seen any let up so far. Just hope we don't have any more players to get injured... That is a huge Key to success.. WE have the Beef,, if we can keep them on the field. 

To have an undefeated season means playing most of our starters even in the last few games as we would likely have clinched the division and probably the conference by week 13 or so.

Then our starters are likely to be tired and possibly susceptible to an injury by playing in those last couple of games.  Then, we would not be at 100% for the playoffs and possibly harm our chances of winning of the Superbowl.

I would rather finish the season 13-3 or so and win the Superbowl than going for 16-0 and then losing the Superbowl.

Well,, I told several people that this is the game I'm most concerned about,, Lions playing great and playing on their home field.. I thought , If we can win this one,, I think we might just be able to win all our games still. But Now you know why I was so concerned about Detroit. 

But I'm mad that we were RUNNING All over the Lions,, I mean just go check our "Yards per run" Eating up the clock and keeping Stafford off the field ????  :shrug: If they don't reallize how stupid this game was we will lose a game this year.. I thought for sure it was going to be another SB game.. Lose by not running the ball.. This game should not have been close. If we had just kept on running,, I thought for sure they had learned that lesson.. And now ,, I don't have much faith in who ever is calling the O# plays ???? :vince:

Well,, I just remembered,, our new OC wasn't here to learn that lesson.. I sure hope he learned today!!! :angry:

And the only other team undefeated is KC, I said before the season that KC is the only team I dread us playing... Still is ... We are the best two teams in the league.. I thought that earlier and it's looking like that's the truth. Well , right now it's true.. I don't see that changing either..Not till the end of the season.. When we find out who's #1. :munch:

10 hours ago, vel said:

But we did get back to running the ball. They literally put the game in Devonta's hands and drove down the field. Until Sanu dropped an easy one that led to the INT. I think you're making it a bigger deal and ignoring the turnovers. I get your complaint, but I disagree this one falls in that category. 

Dratnut57 = Simply put,,, It's like they run the ball many times in a role. And we were extremely successful on practically all the run plays.. if you check our Run per play,, you'll be shocked how high it was. And we did well in the pass game too. But what I don't understand is.. Why don't they mix them up and use our amazing run game more.. ?? Just don't make sense. 

If we had of done this in the SB ,, We NO doubt would have won the game by running the ball more.. It has been proven , and that is the one liner that all the experts said about the game after the bad play calling we had in the most important game the Falcons have ever played. 

Lastly,, The thing about running the ball that we do so well. Is they don't use it when we need it most. Very Strange.. the one phrase that all the different annalist of the SB game that was used most was true..  ( The Falcons didn't run the ball enough to keep the clock moving ) Even thou we were running well when we did.. And that is what keeps the clock moving.. And it's a fact that we would have won if they had done this. And it's a fact that we almost lost yesterday,, (About as close to losing as it gets)  because of the same reason why we almost lost again.. We stopped running the ball even thou we were being extremely successful at it. :shrug:  I cannot for the life of me understand how they cant see something so evident and important to our success this year. Kind of makes me think the same thing will happen again.. Even thou we have by far the most talented team in the league and the weapons to not lose a game this year. But will they see this?? If not,, you can expect  more disappointment. I'm hoping they will see it before the playoffs. I don't really care of we go undefeated in the regular season. I want them to see that they should mix the run and pass up more.. or at least run more! If they ever get this one thing right. We will not lost another game this year nor in the playoffs.. But from what I've seen,, They act as thou they are blind to this fact. I just don't get  why they can't see it.

17 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well,, I told several people that this is the game I'm most concerned about,, Lions playing great and playing on their home field.. I thought , If we can win this one,, I think we might just be able to win all our games still. But Now you know why I was so concerned about Detroit. 

But I'm mad that we were RUNNING All over the Lions,, I mean just go check our "Yards per run" Eating up the clock and keeping Stafford off the field ????  :shrug: If they don't reallize how stupid this game was we will lose a game this year.. I thought for sure it was going to be another SB game.. Lose by not running the ball.. This game should not have been close. If we had just kept on running,, I thought for sure they had learned that lesson.. And now ,, I don't have much faith in who ever is calling the O# plays ???? :vince:

Well,, I just remembered,, our new OC wasn't here to learn that lesson.. I sure hope he learned today!!! :angry:

I've never seen us run on anyone like that before. Its as if the oceans parted.

Well maybe the 9ers last year, i think they gave up though. Keeping my eye on wes and the other kid subing at tackle. Run game looks good.

Edited by red falcon
3 hours ago, red falcon said:

I've never seen us run on anyone like that before. Its as if the oceans parted.

Well maybe the 9ers last year, i think they gave up though. Keeping my eye on wes and the other kid subing at tackle. Run game looks good.

The thing is ,, we don't use the run game enough,, 1. Very reason we lost the SB in the last quarter,, and 2. The same reason why we almost lost Sunday. We are not taking advantage of our run game. After the SB lose,, I thought for sure Quinn would have learned that lesson. Every NFL talk show even knows this.. Why does Quinn not want to use our RBs more so this wouldn't even be a discussion right now... I just don't get it... 

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Draftmut,  if you really believe the Falcons are going 16-0 or 19-0, please seek help because you are delusional.

He's also predicted in preseason that brian hill would replace Teco as our #2 RB this year. 

(Not by injury, but by hill's superior play)

That's by far the nut's biggest gollywhopper.

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

He's also predicted in preseason that brian hill would replace Teco as our #2 RB this year. 

(Not by injury, but by hill's superior play)

That's by far the nut's biggest gollywhopper.

No I did not,, Where did you see that at.. You didn't ,, I was excited to see what he could do. Don't know what's up but Quinn usually brings the Backs along slowly,, just like he did with Cole.  But when Hill is healthy he's a good back. If he ends up being injury prone,, he'll never make it. 

49 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

No I did not,, Where did you see that at.. You didn't ,, I was excited to see what he could do. Don't know what's up but Quinn usually brings the Backs along slowly,, just like he did with Cole.  But when Hill is healthy he's a good back. If he ends up being injury prone,, he'll never make it. 

Fibber fibber...

you most certainly did, and I told you I would give you heck about all season long. 

5 hours ago, xianshino said:

We could easily be 1-2 right now. Please put the crack pipe down lol. Plus, way too much parity in the league for a team to go undefeated again.

It's gonna happen again sooner or later.

We've won two games on goal line stands. Those types of wins, when we didn't play the way we wanted to, can have a team believing that if they keep fighting in every game, there isn't a team in the league they can't beat regardless of venue. Those types of wins reveal the character of a team more so than a win in which we beat the opponent soundly.

Things will not always go the way we want it too. What are we gonna do when that happens?

The short answer, 3-0. 

Three down, 16 more to go.

7 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

It's gonna happen again sooner or later.

We've won two games on goal line stands. Those types of wins, when we didn't play the way we wanted to, can have a team believing that if they keep fighting in every game, there isn't a team in the league they can't beat regardless of venue. Those types of wins reveal the character of a team more so than a win in which we beat the opponent soundly.

Things will not always go the way we want it too. What are we gonna do when that happens?

The short answer, 3-0. 

Three down, 16 more to go.

WEll, The game against the Lions,, I just knew it was going to be tough. They have a great QB also. We nearly blew it because we didn't run more. Same story for why we lost the SB. I don't know what it's going to take for them to see they should run around 15% more and throw it 15% less. That don't seem like much,, but that is why we didn't win the SB. You'd think they would learn by now. It's now a proven fact that if we had ran more,, The time of Possession would not have given them the time to come back on us.. Yeap,, It's been proven on papper.  And here we go again with the last game being the same reason why we only won with a little luck of them not crossing the goal line before his elbow hit the ground..

Bottom line,, It should not have even been a close game if we had ran that ball about 15% more...:rant: 

32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Fibber fibber...

you most certainly did, and I told you I would give you heck about all season long. 

Why would they let a Rookie who is still getting used to the pros,, Play very much when #1 We have two great backs that are primed and ready and also used to playing in the pros .. Knowing we may have the best team in the league with IMO the best team ever assembled in A town ??? Why would they let a rookie go ahead of my Favorite player on the team.. Free,, and the way Cole is playing??? Don't make sense ,, We should always give rookies a year to feel their way in,, Now, if we needed a 2nd back and Cole was injured ? Then you better believe he'd get more reps.. If he is 100% healthy. But I don't see it happening unless Free Cole runs out. :shrug:

5 hours ago, xianshino said:

We could easily be 1-2 right now. Please put the crack pipe down lol. Plus, way too much parity in the league for a team to go undefeated again.

Last thing. Parity doesn't prevent a team from going 19-0 provided the right pieces are in place. It's only a single-season accomplishment. Parity prevents, or rather, makes it extremely difficult for teams to have sustained success like Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers of old and the Patriots.

That's why (because of salary cap restrictions) you hardly see teams go to consecutive Super Bowls anymore or 2 times in 3 years, much less repeat as champions. The last team to repeat was the Patriots from 2003 to 2004. That was 13 years ago. Before then it was the Denver Broncos from 1997 to 1998. The previous repeat champion, the Dallas Cowboys from 1994-1995. Just a 5 and 2 year gap. In that span the Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers also went to consecutive Super Bowls.They happened much more frequently in the 70s and 80s. 

Edited by JerseyNo12
22 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Last thing. Parity doesn't prevent a team from going 19-0 provided the right pieces are in place. It's only a single-season accomplishment. Parity prevents, or rather, makes it extremely difficult for teams to have sustained success like Steelers, Cowboys, and 49ers of old and the Patriots.

That's why (because of salary cap restrictions) you hardly see teams go to consecutive Super Bowls anymore or 2 times in 3 years, much less repeat as champions. The last team to repeat was the Patriots from 2003 to 2004. That was 13 years ago. Before then it was the Denver Broncos from 1997 to 1998. The previous repeat champion, the Dallas Cowboys from 1994-1995. Just a 5 and 2 year gap. In that span the Buffalo Bills and Green Bay Packers also went to consecutive Super Bowls.They happened much more frequently in the 70s and 80s. 

I only made this post because I know how strong this team has been built especially over the last two years.. I've never seen us get as many great players in a two year span,, AAMOF,, that much talent has never been brought in in a two year period in the History of this team.. And I doubt there will ever be another two years like these last two.. For that reason and knowing we have one of the top QBs in the league and a Owner who wants to win 10 times more than the Smiths did. We do have a chance to win every game.. And that's why I posted it. I was really dreaded playing the Lions, I knew it would be tough.But the  team I dread most this year is KC. They are by far the best team in the league not call the Atlanta Falcons.  If we can beat them,, We very well may end up Undefeated this year. 

11 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Why would they let a Rookie who is still getting used to the pros,, Play very much when #1 We have two great backs that are primed and ready and also used to playing in the pros .. Knowing we may have the best team in the league with IMO the best team ever assembled in A town ??? Why would they let a rookie go ahead of my Favorite player on the team.. Free,, and the way Cole is playing??? Don't make sense ,, We should always give rookies a year to feel their way in,, Now, if we needed a 2nd back and Cole was injured ? Then you better believe he'd get more reps.. If he is 100% healthy. But I don't see it happening unless Free Cole runs out. :shrug:

OMG....

you know what you said about Hill replacing Coleman as our #2 RB this year ...so does @caponine

we both called you out on it. Now you need to Own it!

39 minutes ago, Vandy said:

OMG....

you know what you said about Hill replacing Coleman as our #2 RB this year ...so does @caponine

we both called you out on it.

He’s going back on it now.

Put Hill in the game , i guarantee we move backwards. But dont tell him anything lets pull hill in for coleman although coleman has been making big plays. That 35 yard last sunday night was a thing of beauty , that nice run and catch this past sunday and he would have had a 25 yard if it didnt get called back. He is making plays, im not sure what more he wants to see