Falcons restructured Macks contract?

stldirtybird

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We are dead set on a Super Bowl run and making sure we have quality depth at all positions. What we did to shore up the OL clearly shows that with two veteran OTs one of which can can play C,G and T.

Possibly a LB if they think Reynolds is not going to make it back from the pec.

It was this time last season that we signed Taylor Gabriel.  I'm not getting my hopes up of finding that level of impact player this late before the season, but there are a LOT of guys out there right now.  

I'm guessing Mario Williams.  He has experience at OLB and DE.  If you look at our depth chart, we have nobody that backs up Beasley.  We are missing that tweener LE/OLB.  At first I was thinking a DT to back up Poe, but I think the plan there is Grady backs up Poe and Crawford backs up Grady.

3 minutes ago, pzummo said:

It was this time last season that we signed Taylor Gabriel.  I'm not getting my hopes up of finding that level of impact player this late before the season, but there are a LOT of guys out there right now.  

I'm guessing Mario Williams.  He has experience at OLB and DE.  If you look at our depth chart, we have nobody that backs up Beasley.  We are missing that tweener LE/OLB.  At first I was thinking a DT to back up Poe, but I think the plan there is Grady backs up Poe and Crawford backs up Grady.

No, we already passed on him, and for a reason.

His main concern is money, and that doesn't help brotherhood.

35 minutes ago, Malachore said:

We're trading for Donald to replace Hageman.

I don't it's just fanfare, but thinking about this, I just don't see how trading the farm for Donald and benching Jarrett (and probably having to let him walk as a result), falls in line with brotherhood.

17 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I don't it's just fanfare, but thinking about this, I just don't see how trading the farm for Donald and benching Jarrett (and probably having to let him walk as a result), falls in line with brotherhood.

we are NOT trading for Aaron Donald.   LOL.

25 minutes ago, hjerry said:

No, we already passed on him, and for a reason.

His main concern is money, and that doesn't help brotherhood.

Poe's main concern is money as well.  He wasn't getting the contract he wanted in FA, so he signed with us for one year in order to establish higher value for next season.  At this point, Williams has nobody willing to pay him what he wants.  If you were him, would you want to go somewhere that uses an extremely heavy DL rotation with an attacking style of defense where you have more opportunities to make impact plays?  Or would you rather be a backup on another read/react system where your impact has plummeted?  

In my opinion, we are the best fit for him at this point, and he fits a need regarding depth behind Beasley.  

Could it be the return of Spoon?

I saw these tweets from earlier this week...

Sean WeatherspoonVerified account @SeanWSpoon56

Twitter fam, I'm doing great! Body is feeling awesome and I'm lean af! Since I'm a vested veteran I'll most likely be signed after week 1

About 1/2 of the league has shown interest, I'm looking to get with a contender! Meanwhile I'm busy working at life!

https://twitter.com/SeanWSpoon56/status/904892100080058368

He's injury prone, but knows the system...

Edit - apologies for the format. I've had issues lately with the "Copy link to Tweet" deal....

Edited by Goober Pyle

2 minutes ago, Goober Pyle said:

Could it be the return of Spoon?

I saw these tweets from earlier this week...

Twitter fam, I'm doing great! Body is feeling awesome and I'm lean af! Since I'm a vested veteran I'll most likely be signed after week 1

About 1/2 of the league has shown interest, I'm looking to get with a contender! Meanwhile I'm busy working at life!

https://twitter.com/SeanWSpoon56/status/904892100080058368

He's injury prone, but knows the system...

I always liked Spoon and hated that he had to deal with so many injuries.  I love the hype and healthy attitude he brings to the team defense.  I wouldn't be upset about this move in the slightest.

Yeah, if we bring in anyone, a big body makes sense to replace Hageman. Tyson Jackson is out there still. I know he had a few workouts for teams.

Maybe Freeney. A signing may happen after week 1 so that their salary isn't guaranteed. Anyone we bring in will be nothing more than depth I expect.

3 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Actually Freeny would probably require a Mil to put the uni back on..with the depth we have now he could be a strictly third down rusher.

I feel like not keeping Odom means we really didn't want to part ways with an of the rushers that we have.

17 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Poe's main concern is money as well.  He wasn't getting the contract he wanted in FA, so he signed with us for one year in order to establish higher value for next season.  At this point, Williams has nobody willing to pay him what he wants.  If you were him, would you want to go somewhere that uses an extremely heavy DL rotation with an attacking style of defense where you have more opportunities to make impact plays?  Or would you rather be a backup on another read/react system where your impact has plummeted?  

In my opinion, we are the best fit for him at this point, and he fits a need regarding depth behind Beasley.  

Umm, no. That is completely wrong. Like basically everything in this post is wrong, starting with the first sentence.

Poe actually took less money to sign with us

and we're not signing Williams. 

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Umm, no. That is completely wrong. Like basically everything in this post is wrong, starting with the first sentence.

Poe actually took less money to sign with us

and we're not signing Williams. 

He took less money now on a one year deal so he could get more money on a long term deal next year. 

2 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

He took less money now on a one year deal so he could get more money on a long term deal next year. 

Was there ever anything in that report about the numbers of years being offered, or his reasoning?

Edit: just checked, nope that's wrong. the other deal was one year as well