Bucs and Dolphins could have a week one Bye

Tomahawk Choppa

1 minute ago, Tandy said:

My husband and I were talking earlier.   Atlanta is the perfect solution.  We have an away game - and it's close enough for both teams to travel - especially since many of them have homes and family in Florida - and probably won't want to go far.

Listen - I'd rather the first NFL regular season game be Falcons also - but it's the logical and right thing to do.

Jacksonville is open too, and if the Bucs win the first game in our stadium then we will be cursed.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Jacksonville is open too, and if the Bucs win the first game in our stadium then we will be cursed.

That storm is 500 miles wide.   If it hits South Florida - Jacksonville will be crushed as well.

My granddaughter lives there and works at the hospital so she can't evacuate.  I'm going down to pick up my great-granddaughter.   We also have grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the Ft Lauderdale area.    They are bringing them to Jacksonville tomorrow and I'm picking them up and bringing them all here.

I want the adults here too - but I can't force it.   

I was living in South Florida during Andrew.    This is supposed to be worse.   God help them all - this is going to be a true disaster if it doesn't turn north and miss them - and even then - there will be a lot of wind and storm surge  - because of the size.

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Have you not seen any of the projected pathways for this thing or how huge it is?  lol

Florida is preparing for a state of emergency.  Like the entire state...

8 minutes ago, Tandy said:

That storm is 500 miles wide.   If it hits South Florida - Jacksonville will be crushed as well.

My granddaughter lives there and works at the hospital so she can't evacuate.  I'm going down to pick up my great-granddaughter.   We also have grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the Ft Lauderdale area.    They are bringing them to Jacksonville tomorrow and I'm picking them up and bringing them all here.

I was living in South Florida during Andrew.    This is supposed to be worse.   God help them all - this is going to be a true disaster if it doesn't turn north and miss them - and even then - there will be a lot of wind and storm surge  - because of the size.

Oh man, prayers up for your family's safety.  God bless your granddaughter as well.

1 minute ago, RedandBlack4ever said:

lol let them use the dome and jack up the prices of concessions to what they would be in their stadium. More money for Blank's pocket.

I really don't think that would be the right thing to do. This storm is making Hurrican Andrew look like an evening thunderstorm. These fans might get to watch a football game and return home to nothing, maybe not even a playable stadium for weeks or even months.  

20 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Yeah let's be small-minded, childish and petty and tell the NFL the Tunas and Yucs aren't welcome here.   Ridiculous. 

Its a game. If they needed shelter they are more than welcome. They can play that at any stadium. Including Bobby Dodd. But knowing Arthur Blank he might make the offer

5 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Its a game. If they needed shelter they are more than welcome. They can play that at any stadium. Including Bobby Dodd. But knowing Arthur Blank he might make the offer

Couldn't agree more. Blank has always been the type of guy who's been generous to others and this is one of those times we need to put others before we put ourselves.  Right on the heals of Harvey, we get this storm of biblical proportions and this is the time to open our arms and show the rest of the world what "Southern Hospitality" is all about.  I have family (and friends) down there and have already told them they can come visit (and stay) for ever how long it takes for them to be able to return. I have also offered services of my RV camper.  This storm is nothing to play with.  I-75 and I-5 are going to be freakin' packed to the gills.

2 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

I really don't think that would be the right thing to do. This storm is making Hurrican Andrew look like an evening thunderstorm. These fans might get to watch a football game and return home to nothing, maybe not even a playable stadium for weeks or even months.  

I was joking that's why I led off with lol. I've been through a few Hurricanes and hope to never have to go through anymore. Pretty much housebound in my wheelchair.So hopefully it will turn north.

30 minutes ago, athell said:

Have you not seen any of the projected pathways for this thing or how huge it is?  lol

Florida is preparing for a state of emergency.  Like the entire state...

LOL! Correct. Jax....really?

I'm on the SW coast of FL and hunkered down.

Edited by Tim Mazetti

Please have a kind thought for all the folks likely to be impacted by this storm.  With the effects of Harvey still so vivid, we all have to hope that Florida is spared.  And to those of you helping friends and family get out of harms way, kudos.

Some of you know that my son Andrew is a former Falcons coach now with the Bucs.  His wife and 2-year-old son are evacuating to Atlanta tomorrow, and his friends still in the Falcons organization have stepped up to give them a place to stay.  Andrew must stay with the team, and I'm sure the Bucs organization will do everything in its power to look after its people, but out here in Phoenix, Andrew's mother and I are sleepless with worry.  So again, please have a kind thought.

Edited by JOEinPHX

34 minutes ago, Tandy said:

Jax may not be the option.

49 minutes ago, athell said:

Gotta agree.  Some things are bigger than football or sport.  To be honest it's a pretty dumb ask of the league anyway for a team to play 16 straight games, especially considering their "concern" for "player safety".

I get how people would not want the first NFL game to be a non Falcon game, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

They can look at the place and be jealous. Yeah people would talk **** about us even more and that is the most Atlanta sh1t that could happen to us, but it ain't like that feeling is something new. We are all conditioned. Let them play there. 

47 minutes ago, Tandy said:

My husband and I were talking earlier.   Atlanta is the perfect solution.  We have an away game - and it's close enough for both teams to travel - especially since many of them have homes and family in Florida - and probably won't want to go far.

Listen - I'd rather the first NFL regular season game be Falcons also - but it's the logical and right thing to do.

If on a different day but Atlanta United has a game there on Sunday

10 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Please have a kind thought for all the folks likely to be impacted by this storm.  With the effects of Harvey still so vivid, we all have to hope that Florida is spared.  And to those of you helping friends and family get out of harms way, kudos.

Some of you know that my son Andrew is a former Falcons coach now with the Bucs.  His wife and 2-year-old son are evacuating to Atlanta tomorrow, and his friends still in the Falcons organization have stepped up to give them a place to stay.  Andrew must stay with the team, and I'm sure the Bucs organization will do everything in its power to look after its people, but out here in Phoenix, Andrew's mother and I are sleepless with worry.  So again, please have a kind thought.

I'll keep your family in my prayers man

My parents live about 3/4 mile off the coast in ft Myers. By the grace of god they just happened to take a 3 week road trip to come visit me in North Dakota and will be here when the storm hits. They did storm prep before they left but they live along the canals down there so I'm praying they don't get completely flooded.  They have proper insurances though. I just don't want them to lose everything they ever worked for

I hope the NFL gets something sorted out for them 

42 minutes ago, Tandy said:

- and even then - there will be a lot of wind and storm surge  - because of the size.

Yep, the eye in 28 miles wide as of the last report. Winds gusting to over 180mph....MY God. Cat 5+. Tornado velocity.

It has been protected to weaken to a mere Cat 4. Jeeze.

Looks like people will die.

Hunkered down in SW FL.......Like a hairy dog.