Bucs and Dolphins could have a week one Bye

Tomahawk Choppa

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Category 5 Hurricane Irma currently forecasted to make landfall in South Florida, the Bucs and Dolphins will not play as scheduled this Sunday in Miami.

It's undecided if the game will be moved to a neutral site or delayed until Week 11, when both teams are on bye. Neither club has been receptive to the idea of delaying the game and playing 16 straight weeks. More likely is a neutral site opener this weekend.
Sep 5 - 4:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I live in Naples, Fl...so I could care less about the first game being played in Mercedes Benz being non-Falcons.  Let them play in Atlanta if it's the safest and most logical solution.  

I live in PA and I do.  It's just exactly the type of thing that would happen to the Falcons.

3 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I live in Naples, Fl...so I could care less about the first game being played in Mercedes Benz being non-Falcons.  Let them play in Atlanta if it's the safest and most logical solution.  

There's already been 3-4 football games there that wasn't the falcons. It's not like they're taking the virginity of the place. Lol

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Alright...to each their own.  Most believe in separation of church and state.  Similarly, I believe in separation of sports and real life.

Gotta agree.  Some things are bigger than football or sport.  To be honest it's a pretty dumb ask of the league anyway for a team to play 16 straight games, especially considering their "concern" for "player safety".

I get how people would not want the first NFL game to be a non Falcon game, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?

26 minutes ago, Tomahawk Choppa said:

With Irma coming in fast, they're discussing options and one of them is to have them play in week 11 when they're supposed to have their bye week. Week 1 bye could definitely hurt both teams down the stretch. Plus we play them both, so that may be good for us. 

Why would they not just schedule the game for a neutral location, and the NFL give the home nteam(I don"t care enough to look it up) a bailout? I mean just give the hometeam the money they have brought in week one every year. I hate the Bucs but a week one bye is b.s. That puts them at such a disadvantage, and they have the second best roster imo, in the south. They have a ****ed good chance to challenge us for the south, and definitely a favorite for a wild card. Bucs and the loser of the Dallas/Giants, are my two WC picks.

17 minutes ago, Falcon Ben said:

There is no way in **** two other teams should play the first regular season game in our new stadium. 

Lol -- Ninja'd by trashmetalx. 

Wouldn't care if it were an AFC match up, but if the Bucs win the first game in our new stadium then that is curse city. I don't believe in curses in general but we all know curses do exist in sports.

My husband and I were talking earlier.   Atlanta is the perfect solution.  We have an away game - and it's close enough for both teams to travel - especially since many of them have homes and family in Florida - and probably won't want to go far.

Listen - I'd rather the first NFL regular season game be Falcons also - but it's the logical and right thing to do.

1 minute ago, falconfansince66 said:

Maybe they can play in Jacksonville, the Jags are at Houston.  At least it'd still be in their home state..

Jacksonville is a high target - any place in Florida is.   The closest place that's safest based on the current models - is Atlanta.