Jump to content

Unstoppable - The Atlanta Falcons


parmenion
 Share

Recommended Posts

This will be a completely dominate team in the NFL - watch out !!!

The team and brotherhood is ready/the coaches are ready.

The new stadium is ready and very important the fans and City of Atlanta are ready.

I know there will be some very big challenges but this is beginning of a new dynasty in the NFL - three Super Bowls in a row.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, parmenion said:

This will be a completely dominate team in the NFL - watch out !!!

The team and brotherhood is ready/the coaches are ready.

The new stadium is ready and very important the fans and City of Atlanta are ready.

I know there will be some very big challenges but this is beginning of a new dynasty in the NFL - three Super Bowls in a row.

 

 

 

 

 

Sounds like youre just trying to get some likes. LOL I joke man. umm go Birds......hit that like button and subscribe. First 10 to hit like receive absolutely nothing but the satisfaction that they love DOMINATE teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the word you want to use is dominant. 

Dominant is an adjective that can modify a noun, just like the words "great" or "excellent" or "pathetic".  So you can say, "The Falcons will be dominant.", or, "The Falcons will be a dominant football team."

Dominate is a verb.  So you can say, "The Falcons will dominate their opponents.", but you can't use the word dominate as an adjective, as in, a dominate football team.

Sorry, about being a grammarian, and I am in no way trying to criticize or act superior, and I hope this isn't offensive.  I just thought it might be useful to explain because people frequently use the word "dominate" when they should be using the word "dominant".  And, if you don't care about the distinction, that's fine, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would appear as though the team is better and has better depth.   That and $2 wont even get you a decent cup of coffee at Starbucks any more...  The Falcons weren't even considered also-ran material before last season started, and frankly that helped.   We wont surprise anyone this year.  The O line has yet to gel.   The D line has seen limited action so far.  And starting about mid-season injuries play big (we had little to no injuries both years we went to the Superbowl).

Here's the deal:  Be optimistic.   Love the Falcons.   Cheer 'em on.   Win, or lose, love the Falcons.   Lets hope for an injury-free year with more in the win column than the loss column.

And, yeah, you start to lose credibility with the grammar issue...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, gritsnsausage said:

It would appear as though the team is better and has better depth.   That and $2 wont even get you a decent cup of coffee at Starbucks any more...  The Falcons weren't even considered also-ran material before last season started, and frankly that helped.   We wont surprise anyone this year.  The O line has yet to gel.   The D line has seen limited action so far.  And starting about mid-season injuries play big (we had little to no injuries both years we went to the Superbowl).

Here's the deal:  Be optimistic.   Love the Falcons.   Cheer 'em on.   Win, or lose, love the Falcons.   Lets hope for an injury-free year with more in the win column than the loss column.

And, yeah, you start to lose credibility with the grammar issue...

 

I think that having a new OC and DC will actually help us because it will add a few new wrinkles and keep other teams guessing. There are so many ways we can beat teams offensively. I think we will be a contender as long as we have Matt Ryan and Dan Quinn's defense mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, parmenion said:

This will be a completely dominate team in the NFL - watch out !!!

The team and brotherhood is ready/the coaches are ready.

The new stadium is ready and very important the fans and City of Atlanta are ready.

I know there will be some very big challenges but this is beginning of a new dynasty in the NFL - three Super Bowls in a row.

 

 

 

 

 

I say we win 1-2 rings before Matt Ryan retires. I would be very surprised if we didn't win at least 1 with all the talent we have. 28-3 will actually increase our chances of winning it all because it will fuel this team like the Gatorade commercial said. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The offense play calling just needs to be at least as aggressive as we were last year.   For probably 3 years prior we wouldnt pass down field whatsoever, so the defenses would cheat-up on us and completely take away the run...   Play action with downfield throwing opens up run lanes later...   And hopefully the new defense calling scheme will play to our advantage as well.    Here's to optimism!  

 

Edited by gritsnsausage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Expectations are really high and I'll be disappointed if we don't follow through.

In saying that though I think it's a mistake to over look anyone on the up coming schedule.

As boring as it may sound Week to Week first up and take care of business within our division are the keys before talking SB.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skeetbird said:

Sounds like youre just trying to get some likes. LOL I joke man. umm go Birds......hit that like button and subscribe. First 10 to hit like receive absolutely nothing but the satisfaction that they love DOMINATE teams. 

almost sounds more like OP is wanting to turn this into a kinky thread and draw out the likes of birdman and ezekial.....  :ninja::ninja::wiggle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, conalthomas said:

I think the word you want to use is dominant. 

Dominant is an adjective that can modify a noun, just like the words "great" or "excellent" or "pathetic".  So you can say, "The Falcons will be dominant.", or, "The Falcons will be a dominant football team."

Dominate is a verb.  So you can say, "The Falcons will dominate their opponents.", but you can't use the word dominate as an adjective, as in, a dominate football team.

Sorry, about being a grammarian, and I am in no way trying to criticize or act superior, and I hope this isn't offensive.  I just thought it might be useful to explain because people frequently use the word "dominate" when they should be using the word "dominant".  And, if you don't care about the distinction, that's fine, too.

Have hive sop dap!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gritsnsausage said:

The offense play calling just needs to be at least as aggressive as we were last year.   For probably 3 years prior we wouldnt pass down field whatsoever, so the defenses would cheat-up on us and completely take away the run...   Play action with downfield throwing opens up run lanes later...   And hopefully the new defense calling scheme will play to our advantage as well.    Here's to optimism!  

 

With an incredibly prolific offense and league rules favoring wide-open, high-scoring contests, I think you will be very satisfied with the productivity of the unit under the guidance of Sark. He is blessed with every weapon any OC ever dreamed of having in his aresnal.

Simply put, he is a man with his foot on the gas pedal of a race-ready Ferrari. No way he'll be able to resist the urge to put the pedal to the metal and keep it there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gritsnsausage said:

The offense play calling just needs to be at least as aggressive as we were last year.   For probably 3 years prior we wouldnt pass down field whatsoever, so the defenses would cheat-up on us and completely take away the run...   Play action with downfield throwing opens up run lanes later...   And hopefully the new defense calling scheme will play to our advantage as well.    Here's to optimism!  

 

Agreed that it needs to be as least as aggressive. It drove me NUTS that they never would open up and let Matt throw downfield. Shanny changed that for sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

With an incredibly prolific offense and league rules favoring wide-open, high-scoring contests, I think you will be very satisfied with the productivity of the unit under the guidance of Sark. He is blessed with every weapon any OC ever dreamed of having in his aresnal.

Simply put, he is a man with his foot on the gas pedal of a race-ready Ferrari. No way he'll be able to resist the urge to put the pedal to the metal and keep it there.

I hope you're right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I want to think that but the Pats proved we are not.  Here is to hoping we are better this season.  

 

1 minute ago, toadfishtom said:

Talk is the cheapest thing in the world. I want to see us play the bears. One thing at a time.

Agree with both of these. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...