ike barn87987

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Then why not keep the young guy with a lot of potential over someone else that's going to be inactive too? Lol

Exactly but some posters tell me it doesn't matter because they'll be inactive anyway. And apparently Nick Williams is better because he had 5 catches last year while the rookie Reggie Davis doesn't have any. 

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Exactly but some posters tell me it doesn't matter because they'll be inactive anyway. And apparently Nick Williams is better because he had 5 catches last year while the rookie Reggie Davis doesn't have any. 

I'm more disappointed in Odom personally. I knew they both had an uphill battle and Odom makes more sense than Reggie but man I hate seeing talented young guys to elsewhere. 53 man roster is stupid. Let as many dudes play as we can pay and want to be here lol

I trust this FO and coach Quinn so I'm good but I wish we would have thought ahead ... Most likely guys like Shelby and brooks is coming off the books next year .... We gotta pay Matthews and Grady..... Not even bringing up poe .... So depth guys like Odom and Jones would have been nice ... I know coach was thinking we could possibly sneak them on the PS but I knew Odom and Davis would be claimed .. They showed to much potential

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

Im wrong for thinking this but i hope quinn isnt falling into that mike smith mold. Keeping veterans instead of signing young talent

Then why'd you post it if you know you're wrong? 

All Quinn has done the last 2 seasons has replaced our veteran trash with great young talent he's developed.

But two guys at the very end of the roster don't make it, and all of the sudden people act like there's a serious problem.

Look, I really like Reggie Davis and hoped he would make it, but just because we don't like or understand why a couple guys didn't make it, doesn't mean we need to invent narratives that just aren't true.

The coaches had said that the guys making this deep roster will have to find a roll to play NOW. This is a Superbowl ready team. We need a solid 53 more than we need developmental projects, which Quinn has more than proven he will find us those guys when we do. 

Clearly they thought that Williams gave us more of a chance to win now as a special teams contributor. I don't see any other reason.