• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Hometownfan said:

You post a lot, but you just don't know as much about the team or the talent on it as you believe, or would have us believe.  That's Ok, it's a free world. LOL.

Truth is, I don't think he sucks. Trust me, if anyone here really thought I did, I would be flamed hard. I see him as a great rotational piece and an overall hard working player. His injuries and recovery has been a bit of a drag, but in all he serves a major purpose and can play 5 positions making him far more valuable than Odom. In fact, the only player I saw him truly being able to unseat was Shelby, but he two plays multiple positions. I can get into X's and O's but I am honestly not feeling like doing so at this moment.

The real problem is context. I have a lot of posts because I have been here for about 15yrs and was one of the few who didn't lose their prior account. I haven't said much the past couple of years because of my work schedule. Quinn and TD know more about this squad on one toe nail than I do. So I easily concede to their knowledge. I no longer try to be informative, I just enjoy the relaxation of not babysitting adults for a few hours. If you actually want a real opinion, I am open to it. I was messing with the keyboard with Reed. If I were serious, @Dem Birdswould never have allowed me to get away with it so easy.

14 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Truth is, I don't think he sucks. Trust me, if anyone here really thought I did, I would be flamed hard. I see him as a great rotational piece and an overall hard working player. His injuries and recovery has been a bit of a drag, but in all he serves a major purpose and can play 5 positions making him far more valuable than Odom. In fact, the only player I saw him truly being able to unseat was Shelby, but he two plays multiple positions. I can get into X's and O's but I am honestly not feeling like doing so at this moment.

The real problem is context. I have a lot of posts because I have been here for about 15yrs and was one of the few who didn't lose their prior account. I haven't said much the past couple of years because of my work schedule. Quinn and TD know more about this squad on one toe nail than I do. So I easily concede to their knowledge. I no longer try to be informative, I just enjoy the relaxation of not babysitting adults for a few hours. If you actually want a real opinion, I am open to it. I was messing with the keyboard with Reed. If I were serious, @Dem Birdswould never have allowed me to get away with it so easy.

Lol, I know you were being hyperbolic. You definitely aren't impressed with him but I was pretty sure you at least see the value he does present. He's a Kroy Bierman that is actually allowed to be a rotational player and not asked to start. 

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Lol, I know you were being hyperbolic. You definitely aren't impressed with him but I was pretty sure you at least see the value he does present. He's a Kroy Bierman that is actually allowed to be a rotational player and not asked to start. 

Not even that. I actually like him. I had high hopes we'd draft him. Said so a few times. When you're as good as we are, its hard to find a fault though and I just felt like doing so. Odom was my Rudy player...lol

Just now, Dem Birds said:

Sorry I meant Reed haha. Unless you meant you wanted to draft Reed? 

Yes sir! I like him a lot. Its just a good problem when your worst players are the best on your rival's teams. Having Odom on the PS, Takk in the draft, Grace UDFA is the rich getting richer. That's new to us as a fanbase.

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

I think K of G wanted the Falcons to draft Reed back in 2011.  I did too.  I even went out and bought a Falcons' shirt. While the Falcons use a "Platoon" system on the D-line which makes all players "Rotational players", Reed is currently listed as starter.  Yes, I know, it's just the base D package.  Reed's value is that he plays LEO, can play D-end, can play Sam LB'er and has the ability to play ILB if needed, not to mention Special teams.

I feel, like "Plato's cave", I only see reflections of reality.  I therefore have to go by what evidence I see of the coaches decisions---kid is listed as first team DE, was a team captain last week, has photos enlarged in Mercedes stadium, and I have to ask myself, are they going to cut this kid?

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

True, but that's a terrible effing excuse for keeping him and cutting better players. I thought Quinn's whole rapport with the players was built on honesty and "best player earns the job," not the highest paid or whoever is the coach's favorite gets the roster spot.

His player development is impeccable though. Odom,Hall,Davis werent getting any burn during the season anyway unless injuries happened. And if they did we weren't going to win anyway. Some people cant see the bigger picture. Which is player development. Not saying you are one though. Cause you seem to know 

46 minutes ago, Hometownfan said:

I think K of G wanted the Falcons to draft Reed back in 2011.  I did too.  I even went out and bought a Falcons' shirt. While the Falcons use a "Platoon" system on the D-line which makes all players "Rotational players", Reed is currently listed as starter.  Yes, I know, it's just the base D package.  Reed's value is that he plays LEO, can play D-end, can play Sam LB'er and has the ability to play ILB if needed, not to mention Special teams.

I feel, like "Plato's cave", I only see reflections of reality.  I therefore have to go by what evidence I see of the coaches decisions---kid is listed as first team DE, was a team captain last week, has photos enlarged in Mercedes stadium, and I have to ask myself, are they going to cut this kid?

I never anticipated he would be cut or even wanted him cut. I'm good with Reed.

5 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I personally dont like Hill. But Quinn believes in developing players. I will say Terron Ward looks a lot better this year compared to last. So it works. But Hill just doesn't impress me

I think Hill is killing it on Special Teams. That would be my guess as to how he made the team.

10 hours ago, Dem Birds said:

There are 8 guys on the defensive line and that's not counting Hageman. No one made the defensive line that was a surprise because they used Hageman's spot to temporarily keep someone like Hill or Wreh-Wilson. When Hageman is reinstated, and he will be in my opinion, they will cut someone else. As much as I like Odom and JT Jones, we aren't keeping ten or 11 defensive lineman and we are in win now mode. Reed and Upshaw give us better production right now. 

Hageman is gone. They left their options open but by the time he returns, there won't be room unless there are injuries. Great insurance move though.

10 hours ago, caponine said:

He was legit before, the runs against NO and Vikings and eagles and giants showed you that. It was injuries and fumbles

Cool, how about we wait till Hill plays an actual game like those 4 were, yeah?

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's one play and Ward played behind the same backup line.

No. Ward had a lot more plays with the 1st string OL and even 2nd string. Pretty much all of Hill's were with the 3rd string and worse where coaches were more concerned with trying combinations than setting anyone up to succeed.

10 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

He caught just fine. He may have fumbled but he got yards and scored 

Got dayum the hindsight bias is strong on these boards. Over half the board wanted Teco cut after his first year, people thought he had an unfixable fumbling problem, no vision (like Hill) and was useless as a receiver.

12 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

I personally dont like Hill. But Quinn believes in developing players. I will say Terron Ward looks a lot better this year compared to last. So it works. But Hill just doesn't impress me

I agree with Quinn on this one... Hill has huge potential ... That's why they drafted him.. Go watch his game tapes.. You'll feel a lot better... At least give him a fair chance...

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

Cool, how about we wait till Hill plays an actual game like those 4 were, yeah?

No. Ward had a lot more plays with the 1st string OL and even 2nd string. Pretty much all of Hill's were with the 3rd string and worse where coaches were more concerned with trying combinations than setting anyone up to succeed.

Got dayum the hindsight bias is strong on these boards. Over half the board wanted Teco cut after his first year, people thought he had an unfixable fumbling problem, no vision (like Hill) and was useless as a receiver.

These are two very different people . Vision was not the problem, it was his fumbling. He was running just fine until he got injured and started fumbling., he ran for almost 300 yards in 4 games in 2015. Wasnt useless either catching either. Lets not twist it. Anybody could see he had talent. They were just frustrated with his fumbling. 

Brian hill longest run was 6 yards. So ward running behind the same oline against the same defenders. And come on man. Stop right there, youre telling me the same 3rd stringers that were able to make cutback lanes for ward, didnt for Hill?Ward played against 3rd string n lower the most so lets stop. Theres nothing you can Hill, he doesnt have any specialtraits like Freeman or even Coleman had coming out. Dan Quinn even said it before last season. 

49 minutes ago, AndySG said:

If it was a pure competition then all three of the 5th round picks might not have made it. Hill, Harlow and Saubert all struggled. That said, they will have been evaluated by every team pre-draft and might not have made the PS. 

So far, not impressed by any of them...

Odom appeared to have the knack and was not at all overwhelmed at playing in the NFL. He was a man among boys. We went with experience. If we can get him on the practice squad it will be very fortunate.

Hill looked bad but he does have a body of work from college that says he can get it done. He looks good in his uniform.

Umm isn't there this thing... practice squad? 

Chris Odom looked solid against guys who are back ups on Sunday and great against guys who won't play a lick Sunday. With a stacked position group, Odom needed to blow up. He didn't. That's fine. The worst DL we have are Shelby and Reed, starters on other teams. Odom is a bottom of the depth chart talent. 

Hill plays an entirely different position. You can't compare a RB and DL. We kept four RBs for a large part, if not the whole, year last year. Hill is the fourth RB and will be inactive. When he got snaps with the starting OL, he actually looked capable. It's not like he was competing with anybody for the spot.