What Happened to the in game thread for the 4th preseason game?

thirdnlong

6 minutes ago, thirdnlong said:

No, seriously, why would an admin remove that thread? Seriously? Why?

Like you, I would really like to get an answer but don't think you'll get it and even I know threads don't just delete themselves. I'd probably tell you what I think but I just came off of a four day suspension due to a 'rule' that surfaced last week that's not even showing up in the "Sticky Threads". 

Edited by falconfansince66

1 minute ago, thirdnlong said:

I don't see an open mouth, close mouth emoticon, or I'd post it! I didn't even read the thread until late in the game, but didn't see anything of line. Maybe I missed it. :bang:

I can understand why a 'game thread' gets closed after a game for further posting but not DELETING it and only an Admin can do that. I just know some Admin came on here trying to shove new rules that got posted and stickied on here just last week and gave me a questionable suspension for breaking it and now that rule is no longer even posted!  Even if I'm facing another suspension for mentioning it here, I don't really give a rat's butt anymore.  I've just about had it here with all the B.S. and this is just another thing taking away from what was a great place to be a part of for us to have discussions for nearly 15 years so yeah, In-Game threads included, even despite it was only pre-season, this place has really started to s-u-c-k as a result of putting Admin privileges into the hands of the wrong people.

17 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

Like you, I would really like to get an answer but don't think you'll get it and even I know threads don't just delete themselves. I'd probably tell you what I think but I just came off of a four day suspension due to a 'rule' that surfaced last week that's not even showing up in the "Sticky Threads". 

What rule??

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

The game is over so they deleted it. There was no continuing need for it.

Lol at this being a mod "throwing their weight around" :lol:

Man I miss Tuggle. He would've gotten a laugh at **** like this.

I'd of actually appreciated it staying. I just got home from work and have no idea what happened at all. The last game thread was up for days.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

The game is over so they deleted it. There was no continuing need for it.

Lol at this being a mod "throwing their weight around" :lol:

Man I miss Tuggle. He would've gotten a laugh at **** like this.

I didn't get to watch the game, I ise those game threads as my personal ESPN after the games while in bed.  I'm upset as this is the second one this season.  I prefer the falcons fans insight.

So yeah I'm upset.

Just now, AlabamaFalconFan said:

I didn't get to watch the game, I ise those game threads as my personal ESPN after the games while in bed.  I'm upset as this is the second one this season.  I prefer the falcons fans insight.

So yeah I'm upset.

I don't blame you. Luckily, I got to catch some of it near end of game because I had to work late but was trying to go back and see some of the earlier posts, and the thread was gone.  Pretty P.O.'d myself.  

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

I'd of actually appreciated it staying. I just got home from work and have no idea what happened at all. The last game thread was up for days.

The last game mattered, and wasn't the actual last game, with cuts coming in a few hours.

It's the 4th game. There was almost nothing in there, and it was mostly complaining about the game and the fact that it was still the preseason anyway.

This isn't the regular season. In less than 12 hours, everything of relevance in that thread will be moot, as cuts start coming down.

It's the 4th game. There was almost nothing in there, and it was mostly complaining about the game and the fact that it was still the preseason anyway.

This isn't the regular season. In less than 12 hours, everything of relevance in that thread will be moot, as cuts start coming down.

As much as I agree with that, there are those of us who got in late and like to read the threads. If they deleted it on the account of a data-storage problem but a thread with like 15 pages at best, come on!  At least give it a day or two.  Some fans didn't get to see the game or even all of it. I know some players we've been keeping tabs on trying to make an impact are the reason we'd like to go through them.  That's always been one of the better reasons for visiting this board.  Lot of questionable stuff here lately.  You might not see it or don't even care.

falconsfansince66 thanks. I've been around here a long time myself, tho an infrequent poster, and usually watched the game thread roll off the board due to going stale. Not sure how anything political could be inferred, but hey, there're are a lot of sensitive people these days...

3 minutes ago, falconfansince66 said:

As much as I agree with that, there are those of us who got in late and like to read the threads. If they deleted it on the account of a data-storage problem but a thread with like 15 pages at best, come on!  At least give it a day or two.  Some fans didn't get to see the game or even all of it. I know some players we've been keeping tabs on trying to make an impact are the reason we'd like to go through them.  That's always been one of the better reasons for visiting this board.  Lot of questionable stuff here lately.  You might not see it or don't even care.

I'm sure they just deleted it b/c of the above, having deemed it no longer needed. 

Inferring some power play, and/or ulterior motive is just silly, and your last sentence is utter nonsense. 

Get over your conspiracy theories. These are just regular fans like you and me, and they do the best they can.

They'd probably be shocked to see the outrage on here. 

Posters need to stop assuming all this nonsense about mods.

I'm sure they just deleted it b/c of the above, having deemed it no longer needed. 

Inferring some power play, and/or ulterior motive is just silly, and your last sentence is utter nonsense. 

Get over your conspiracy theories. These are just regular fans like you and me, and they do the best they can.

They'd probably be shocked to see the outrage on here. 

Posters need to stop assuming all this nonsense about mods.

Rant done here.  I as much as you am ready for the regular season to start.  I just hope that in-game threads are left up to read at least for 2-3 days after the game instead of 2-3 minutes.