Falcons Goal Line Defense

I have been watching the preseason as well as last year and have been pulling for Jack Lynn to make this squad.  Why you ask?  All of our LBs are light in the pants in we get gutted by power runs in the middle of the field.  I think we need a 250 pounder for the middle bringing Cambell and Jones off the edge in a true 4-3 Goal Line set?  Anyone else see this as a huge need for our Defense?

38 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

I thought the middle of out defense was soft all year last year.  Thats why they got Poe but they failed to address the fact that we have the lightest LB corps in the league and I am worried about it.  Maybe the waiver wire can bring us a THUMPER!

That "lightest LB core" is a key feature of this scheme

We're all about speed and athleticism.

The days of the big 2 down downhill thumper in the middle are over

7 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

I have been watching the preseason as well as last year and have been pulling for Jack Lynn to make this squad.  Why you ask?  All of our LBs are light in the pants in we get gutted by power runs in the middle of the field.  I think we need a 250 pounder for the middle bringing Cambell and Jones off the edge in a true 4-3 Goal Line set?  Anyone else see this as a huge need for our Defense?

Not at all. There is a reason Curtis Lofton doesn't play for the Saints. Goalline is about Dline penetration more than a MLB. And Jones is pretty ****ed good at Stonewalling defenders. This is a swarm, stack, strip, score defense. 

11 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

I don't see that being an issue with Poe and Jarrett manning the interior of the D-line.