Who is getting carries tonight?

falcndave

Freeman and Coleman aren't likely to take more than a few snaps. Ward has clearly won the battle for RB3. As such, they probably don't want to expose him to injury. He also has ST value.  Hill is out.  Who is left? Looks like Taylor and Pressely were signed earlier this month. Are they still on roster?

45 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

or we will just continue to play simms the whole night and let him make bad throws and scramble

Simms has had a very good individual pre-season. In all of Ryan's glowing traditional and advanced stats from last season, their is one advanced stat where he only ranked 20th in the NFL.  Guess what it is?  If you guessed throwing while facing pressure, you are correct. Even MVPs struggle when under duress. What have we noticed about Simms?  He typically excels early in the games, but his play regresses as the OL rotation goes from bad to "this guys shouldn't be on an NFL roster."

Ryan in 2014. Ryan in 2015. Ryan in 2016. How did he play each season? How did the OL play each season? I personally feel the attacks on Simms are not well thought out.

All sane people believe that Ryan is a great QB.All sane people also agree every QB struggles when his protection bites. Both of these principles apply to 3rd string QBs as well.

2 hours ago, falcndave said:

Simms has had a very good individual pre-season. In all of Ryan's glowing traditional and advanced stats from last season, their is one advanced stat where he only ranked 20th in the NFL.  Guess what it is?  If you guessed throwing while facing pressure, you are correct. Even MVPs struggle when under duress. What have we noticed about Simms?  He typically excels early in the games, but his play regresses as the OL rotation goes from bad to "this guys shouldn't be on an NFL roster."

Ryan in 2014. Ryan in 2015. Ryan in 2016. How did he play each season? How did the OL play each season? I personally feel the attacks on Simms are not well thought out.

All sane people believe that Ryan is a great QB.All sane people also agree every QB struggles when his protection bites. Both of these principles apply to 3rd string QBs as well.

Strange. I remember always hearing about Matt being one of the best qbs under pressure. Where are you getting this information? Not doubting you just curious because I'm under the impression that Ryan will make you pay if you bring a rush. 

16 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

The real question mark on the offensive side right now is probably in the WR & TE corps - so really we should do very little running.

What?????????? We have Julio. Sanu, Gabriel, Hardy, Robinson, and Hall/Davis. What is there to question about WR???????

2 hours ago, sandtrap said:

Strange. I remember always hearing about Matt being one of the best qbs under pressure. Where are you getting this information? Not doubting you just curious because I'm under the impression that Ryan will make you pay if you bring a rush. 

The specific stat is "Pressure Accuracy Percentage." It is one of many stats the Pro Football Focus tracks. That said, there are plenty of stats that say Ryan is quite good under pressure. For instance, he threw 5 TDs and 0 ints. His QBR in pressure situations was also very good (87.2). If you break down the entire chart, all it means is that Ryan is less aggressive than most of the eliete QBs in pressure situations. If pressure comes quick, he will throw it away (better than making a mistake). If he does throw it, he makes good decisions. 

Simms, isn't as mature as Ryan, and he is trying to make a roster. In baseball, their is an old saying for players who come up in the DR.  "You can't walk off the island." Simms is in that situation. He's not going to make a roster by demonstrating patience and throwing the ball away when under pressure. Simms has looked very good when afforded time. I'm one of few who is happy with his play this preseason. It will be interesting to see if they keep him. I don't see him as a potential starter down the road. He's arm strength would be a concern for me in a starting role.