Way to early mock draft from SI

BAMF

Chris Burke has no clue:

1. Falcons don't make NFCCG. 

We all know the Falcons are winning the Superbowl and will be picking 32nd.

2. Thinks Seattle or Dallas will beat us in the playoffs

Not gonna happen.  Might lose to one during the regular season (not the Cowgirls), but not in the playoffs

3. WR??WTF???

Guy obviously has no clue how TD/DQ draft.  Only draft scheme specific players that address perceived team weaknesses.

I am thinking we go S or OL next year

Anyway, below is a link to his nonsensical musings.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/30/2018-nfl-mock-draft-top-prospects

28. Atlanta Falcons: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State

Mason Rudolph’s favorite target (1,380 yards and 10 touchdowns last season) plans to play through a hernia injury in ’17, so we’ll see how much that impacts his production. Defenses sure have not had much luck slowing him down. The Falcons are not necessarily lined up to need a receiver ahead of next year, but a player of Washington’s caliber could be too much to turn down.

:munch:

This mock is so early that it doesn't deserve to exist. However, if we are looking at drafting for next year I say we go O-line or Corner. We'll be picking 32 and with that pick, we can get a very solid O-line contributor maybe a guard or something. But I do think we pick a CB as currently, I think after our big 3 with Tru, Rocky, and Poole, the talent drop off is a bit too much for my liking. Maybe we pick a tall CB who is really aggressive and can turn his head. Basically a Jalen Collins without the stupid problems. 

6 minutes ago, FalconBlood23 said:

This mock is so early that it doesn't deserve to exist. However, if we are looking at drafting for next year I say we go O-line or Corner. We'll be picking 32 and with that pick, we can get a very solid O-line contributor maybe a guard or something. But I do think we pick a CB as currently, I think after our big 3 with Tru, Rocky, and Poole, the talent drop off is a bit too much for my liking. Maybe we pick a tall CB who is really aggressive and can turn his head. Basically a Jalen Collins without the stupid problems. 

Your not getting a solid OL player at that late. You'll have to move up a lot. Or hope someone is trading a proven player for a first round pick. 

2 minutes ago, mashburn*Fibonacci said:

Your not getting a solid OL player at that late. You'll have to move up a lot. Or hope someone is trading a proven player for a first round pick. 

I think you can get a solid Guard at that position. I've noticed that Centers and Guards go late in the first and second rounds. Now if I say that we are getting a good LT at that pick then I'd probably be lying. Also a decent CB will also be available I am sure of it. 

5 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

I would not completely rule out WR in the first round - especially in the late first were we hope to be picking. We could potentially lose Gabriel, Sanu and Hardy within the few years and Julio is not getting any younger. Not saying we will but its not impossible either.

Better to start padding the blow now..Have to keep the offense on schedule has they are the heart of this team as of right now

What is the guy thinking a wide receiver really. Get off the gas. I don't care who we draft next year as long as we started with the 32nd pick in draft with no trade (wink wink). But I don't see us needing a receiver in the first round with Julio and Sanu under contract.

6 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I think you can get a solid Guard at that position. I've noticed that Centers and Guards go late in the first and second rounds. Now if I say that we are getting a good LT at that pick then I'd probably be lying. Also a decent CB will also be available I am sure of it. 

Just in me watching. (And that's not meaning I know what it is really). But I see the actual really good guards leave at 20. 

6 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

I would not completely rule out WR in the first round - especially in the late first were we hope to be picking. We could potentially lose Gabriel, Sanu and Hardy within the few years and Julio is not getting any younger. Not saying we will but its not impossible either.

Yeah it's where I'm leaning too. I don't like this WR class by the first look I got.

Archived