Jump to content

Falcons Blackout?


falcndave
 Share

Recommended Posts

Julian from Decatur

Do you think the Falcons will ever bring back the all-black uniforms?? Those were dope!!

Matt: I can’t give out any uniform secrets yet, Julian, but keep checking back here. I think you’ll be pleased.

--------------------------

We had a number of uniform threads earlier in the preseason. Tabeek has been dropping consistent hints this week that individuals who are fans of black unis, "will be happy." Does anyone have the early scoop yet. When, how often, which version?  I need to know!  Let's get this cart ahead of the horse!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/straight-from-the-beek/article-1/Super-Bowl-expectations-predictions-questions-about-Matt-Ryan-Joe-Haden-Color-Rush/c2359495-8f87-4d6c-acd2-561f9d24ea29

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest those black unis were amazing but I really like those uniforms from like the 70 or 80 was it? Someone on here has it as their sig on here. It's like Red helmets, red jersey, and white pants with a streak of black on the side. I like those the best. If those could be our home and this our away? That be amazing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I believe they can only do 2 games in alternate uni's.

Not sure if that includes that all Red color rush pajama uni.

That's weeaaaakk we got two all black uni games last year so that's no more of a treat if it's still only 2.. But that beget not include color rush :argh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, FalconBlood23 said:

To be honest those black unis were amazing but I really like those uniforms from like the 70 or 80 was it? Someone on here has it as their sig on here. It's like Red helmets, red jersey, and white pants with a streak of black on the side. I like those the best. If those could be our home and this our away? That be amazing

I'm pretty sure we can't have black away jerseys and red home jerseys, because NFL uniform policy dictates every team has to have white away jerseys.

The home team for each game gets to choose if they want to wear their home (primary team color) jerseys or their white (away) jerseys, and the opposing team has to wear the opposite.

Most of the time, the home team will elect to go with their home uniform. However if they play outdoors in the south or out west & it's stupidly hot outside, they sometimes choose to wear their away jerseys at home... because they are white & absorb less heat... thus gaining a possible advantage by making the visiting team wear the heat-absorbing darker colored jerseys instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SpongeDad said:

From the thread title, I thought the game wasn't going to be televised. 

 

This isn't Tampa!!!!!!!

 

 

.........or Jacksonville!!!!

 

 

Well at least the NFL did suspended the blackout rule I believe. Otherwise, their fans would be screwed. Maybe not so much the Bucs fans(unless they still have a problem with attendance) now but for sure Jags fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, brewman said:

Color rush uni's - All Black? :D

Our color rush uniforms are all red. They announced that last year. We opted out of them last season because the Thursday game we played was in TB. TB also had red color rush uniforms, so they got to wear theirs for that game & we wore the away white uni.

This season our one Thursday night game is Dec. 7 at home against the Saints. The Saints color rush uni are white, so it will work that both teams are in their color rush uniforms for that game... Falcons in red, Saints in white.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, falcndave said:

Julian from Decatur

Do you think the Falcons will ever bring back the all-black uniforms?? Those were dope!!

Matt: I can’t give out any uniform secrets yet, Julian, but keep checking back here. I think you’ll be pleased.

--------------------------

We had a number of uniform threads earlier in the preseason. Tabeek has been dropping consistent hints this week that individuals who are fans of black unis, "will be happy." Does anyone have the early scoop yet. When, how often, which version?  I need to know!  Let's get this cart ahead of the horse!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/straight-from-the-beek/article-1/Super-Bowl-expectations-predictions-questions-about-Matt-Ryan-Joe-Haden-Color-Rush/c2359495-8f87-4d6c-acd2-561f9d24ea29

Don't tease me like that! Black unis are my favorite!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I believe they can only do 2 games in alternate uni's.

Not sure if that includes that all Red color rush pajama uni.

I imagine they will go with the 90s all black like last year against the Chargers and 49ers.   I believe some BS rule about the helmets prevents them from using the red helmets anymore but I could be wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, k-train said:

Our color rush uniforms are all red. They announced that last year. We opted out of them last season because the Thursday game we played was in TB. TB also had red color rush uniforms, so they got to wear theirs for that game & we wore the away white uni.

This season our one Thursday night game is Dec. 7 at home against the Saints. The Saints color rush uni are white, so it will work that both teams are in their color rush uniforms for that game... Falcons in red, Saints in white.

I was more making a joke about having all black for color rush :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Falcons Color Rush game is Dec. 7 vs NO.

The Saints Color Rush uniform was all black last year, but the home team gets the call on the color so there is a good chance that the Falcons go all black, on that day that will live in infamy for the bayou.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 0 for 51 said:

I imagine they will go with the 90s all black like last year against the Chargers and 49ers.   I believe some BS rule about the helmets prevents them from using the red helmets anymore but I could be wrong.

Yeah they have to use the same helmets all year for every game.  I think they have specialized helmets that are specifically fitted for each player.  The NFL is to sporting equipment what Formula 1 is to auto parts so they have state of the art everything.

I would think they have a back-up helmet and I'm pretty sure they paint them for every game or else the helmets would be all scratch marks by the 3rd game.

I guess even the NFL realizes it's not smart to pay several thousand dollars for helmets they use twice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...