Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Capitalist

PSL Phase 14 - Transfers and Private Sales begin

24 posts in this topic

Reminder... Private PSL Sales and Transfers can begin 9/1/17

A few thoughts and projections: (I DO NOT represent Legends. Just giving some thoughts/advice.)

1. I expect premium row seats (1-5) to sell 50-100% above initial price......
2. I expect that some worse seats may sell below initial sales price, especially in first 90 days. Some folks have been waiting to sell.
3. I expect this to return to "face value" quickly, particularly if the Falcons are winning games.
4. The 97-98% sold quote may be close to accurate.
5. As predicted the 300 level is significantly farther away from the field than the dome. (27 feet higher, and farther back) As this is a separate transaction, your view in the Dome is not guaranteed in the Benz.
6. PSL's by their nature, do not allow for easy relocation. I would not expect Legends or the Falcons to move PSL buyers routinely. You need to buy new PSL's and sell your old seats to move.
7. That said, those with obstructed views that were not disclosed have a significant issue. They can try to get a new location out of held back areas. They could ask for a refund. Or they could try and secure some sort of compromise compensation. This would not apply to those unhappy with their view, if it is not obstructed.
8. I know for a fact, a very small amount of excellent seats are held back. These might be used for VIP's, Player Family members or giveaways. They may also have held back a few seats for obstruction issues. But I imagine the total amount is less than 50. I also do not think they will release these except in extreme circumstances. I would not count on getting any of those seats. They will not publish the locations,
9. From the beginning, there has always been a disconnect from the website, Ticketmaster online sales, Rep. statements and Senior leadership about what seats are actually left. Rep statements being the least trustworthy as the pressure to sell the remaining Club Seats is high. But be assured, not many pairs of seats exist except for maybe extreme corners and tops of 300 levels.
10. If you want to upgrade your seats, start to examine the secondary sales market. Some of the major PSL sales sites allow you to make an offer. You never know, you might catch a deal. Or get seats you will enjoy more for the next 10-20-30 years.
11. As said many times, the contract governs all. Verbal promises are useless.

29 minutes ago, hollywood said:

Hi, thanks for the info. Where can PSL owners go to sell their PSL's if they wanted?

There is a group on facebook (Atlanta Falcons PSLs Only) where they are trying to generate a marketplace for Falcons PSLs.  There are also websites were PSLs of every team that has one are sold.  pslsource.com is one of them, there may be others.  There are some crazy numbers out there now, e.g., folks asking $20K or 30K or more for PSLs that were originally $5500.  I think we will have to wait and see how the market shakes out.

hollywood likes this

I know the 300s are higher/further, but for some reason my view seems closer.  I'm on row 1, and I'm in the exact same spot but my seatmates and I all noticed it seems like a better view. 

5 hours ago, Capitalist said:

7. That said, those with obstructed views that were not disclosed have a significant issue. They can try to get a new location out of held back areas. They could ask for a refund. Or they could try and secure some sort of compromise compensation. This would not apply to those unhappy with their view, if it is not obstructed.

I currently fall under #7 above, with an obstructed view in the 300s. I'm not happy at this time and ended up waiting on hold for a real person for one hour and seven minutes today. My total time on the phone, wait and all, was one hour and 53 minutes. I probably could have strangled the first person I spoke with but luckily I got bumped up to the main guy(who was very professional) after asking to speak to a supervisor four times!

I've been told that I'll have an answer on moving by Wednesday of next week. Why so long, I don't know. But, I'm hopeful that this gets resolved in a win/win fashion. I've been a season ticket holder/customer of the Falcons for 18+ years and it was frustrating to have a team rep argue with me today.

I've attached my view for those who are interested. Can't say that my first game in the Benz was all that I thought it would be.

Stadium View_small.jpg

41 minutes ago, KJinCton said:

I currently fall under #7 above, with an obstructed view in the 300s. I'm not happy at this time and ended up waiting on hold for a real person for one hour and seven minutes today. My total time on the phone, wait and all, was one hour and 53 minutes. I probably could have strangled the first person I spoke with but luckily I got bumped up to the main guy(who was very professional) after asking to speak to a supervisor four times!

I've been told that I'll have an answer on moving by Wednesday of next week. Why so long, I don't know. But, I'm hopeful that this gets resolved in a win/win fashion. I've been a season ticket holder/customer of the Falcons for 18+ years and it was frustrating to have a team rep argue with me today.

I've attached my view for those who are interested. Can't say that my first game in the Benz was all that I thought it would be.

Stadium View_small.jpg

**** those would be great seats too, who the **** thought that was a great idea. Good Luck hope they take care of that ....

Crazy Trav likes this

KJinCton...

Well...  You are on the right track, stay persistent...  In this game of musical chairs you need to end up in a decent spot...

I would press on social media and local media if possible...  They don't like bad posts/press while they are still selling...

i would be wary of promises of future inventory...  I would also not agree to a one year move...  PSL contract is not designed for moving around...  Do not agree in writing to possibility of involuntary move after 1 year...

There may be more of these obstructed view seats than they planned for...  Try to get your solution early...

Arthur Blank deferred the messy business of selling PSL's to Legends (a company partially owned by Jerry Jones).  Unfortunately, after the bulk of sales are done you still have issues like this.

Keep pressing...  Good luck

11 hours ago, KJinCton said:

Stadium View_small.jpg

That view in return for buying a PSL is Bsh#t!

I would only accept a move that is to unobstructed better seats or a full refund 

putnam6 likes this

14 hours ago, jonnyblooz said:

I know the 300s are higher/further, but for some reason my view seems closer.  I'm on row 1, and I'm in the exact same spot but my seatmates and I all noticed it seems like a better view. 

Could it be the angle you are viewing the game, is the 300 level tilted more downward, that the Georgia Dome?

I also have 300 PSLs on row 1, but have not visited yet.

I wonder if they told you Wednesday, KJ, because they want to see how many similar requests they get before they start offering solutions.  I am with Cap, I would press them to do something now.  You have a clear complaint and you should get restitution regardless of how many others have issues with their seats.

I'm working on it. They're supposed to get back to me by Wednesday of next week with new options, but the first options were endzone nosebleeds or a refund. There's a good chance that it was a Legend's sales rep who was pushing that though. He wasn't very nice about it either.

Personally, I wonder if Blank even knows that this is going on. He's always been so good about customer service and listening to the fans. This seems so out of character for not only the Falcons, but also his method of running a company.

26 minutes ago, since68andcounting said:

Cap, do you have a listing or diagram of the *per-game* ticket costs by section? We're looking to move down.

This map has the ticket prices...  But some of the 300 level PSL prices were  later lowered...

13 minutes ago, DirdieBirdieIndie said:

Do you have an updated map of the seats thats not sold yet?

Sorry...  No map...

As what is left of Legends and the Falcons Service team struggle to handle all the recent issues...

It will next to difficult to get access to an accurate map...

My guess is pairs left only in off center 100 club areas and high row 300 seats...  The rest are probably scattered singles...

8 minutes ago, Capitalist said:

Sorry...  No map...

As what is left of Legends and the Falcons Service team struggle to handle all the recent issues...

It will next to difficult to get access to an accurate map...

My guess is pairs left only in off center 100 club areas and high row 300 seats...  The rest are probably scattered singles...

Thanks!

On 8/31/2017 at 5:32 AM, Capitalist said:
KJinCton...

Well...  You are on the right track, stay persistent...  In this game of musical chairs you need to end up in a decent spot...

I would press on social media and local media if possible...  They don't like bad posts/press while they are still selling...

i would be wary of promises of future inventory...  I would also not agree to a one year move...  PSL contract is not designed for moving around...  Do not agree in writing to possibility of involuntary move after 1 year...

There may be more of these obstructed view seats than they planned for...  Try to get your solution early...

Arthur Blank deferred the messy business of selling PSL's to Legends (a company partially owned by Jerry Jones).  Unfortunately, after the bulk of sales are done you still have issues like this.

Keep pressing...  Good luck

Just putting an update out there. I received a call from the Falcons' Warren Parr today and I was offered a couple of options. We ended up discussing the matter and it resulted in a win/win arrangement that I'll be happy with this year. I was very impressed with his professionalism and commitment to improving my situation. While it would have been great to have had a perfect view to begin with, I think in the long run, the Falcons stepped up and made everything right for me.

Capitalist likes this

13 hours ago, KJinCton said:

Just putting an update out there. I received a call from the Falcons' Warren Parr today and I was offered a couple of options. We ended up discussing the matter and it resulted in a win/win arrangement that I'll be happy with this year. I was very impressed with his professionalism and commitment to improving my situation. While it would have been great to have had a perfect view to begin with, I think in the long run, the Falcons stepped up and made everything right for me.

What was the resolution?  Did they swap out your seats for something better?

1 hour ago, ordr said:

What was the resolution?  Did they swap out your seats for something better?

Yes, we ended up with a better, temporary 2017 location, at no extra cost, but I'll be first in line for a new, permanent location next year. However, I will have to wait for non renewals to occur before I can be allocated a new, permanent option. While I'm a bit leery about not having a new location locked down, I was very impressed with how everything was handled. Based on my experience of being taken well care of, I expect that next year will be a mirror of this.

ordr and Capitalist like this

4 hours ago, Capitalist said:

Interesting to see how many defaults there are after Year # 1

Depends on the market. Anyone who financed who can't sell it for more than the amount still owed, and who wants out, will likely default.  If they sell at a premium I would not expect defaults but I have always thought most if not all will sell at a discount to the original price.