Has any team gone 0-4 in Preseason and did well in Regular?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, dirtybird_jmh said:

The 1998 Falcons were 0-4 and they went to the Super Bowl.  Pre season is a time to gauge talent.  Most of our starters are know, but we need to see who will be the next man up.  Maybe this year we will win it.

They won the 2nd and 4th game in the 1998 preseason games - but they did lose the 3rd game - as they did last year.

Only people who care about the preseason are Cleveland Browns and Jax Jaguars fans. That's the only time they have during the football season to collect Ws. Nobody else cares. The preseason has nothing to do with wins and loses. It's strictly about player evaluation, that's why you saw so many of ATL starters sitting out this preseason. Quinn knows what it all means.

Just now, uga_falcons_braves said:

Only people who care about the preseason are Cleveland Browns and Jax Jaguars fans. That's the only time they have during the football season to collect Ws. Nobody else cares. The preseason has nothing to do with wins and loses. It's strictly about player evaluation, that's why you saw so many of ATL starters sitting out this preseason. Quinn knows what it all means.

and the Saints apparently

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, fuego said:

I did see a story on this somewhere and I believe it was out of 60 something teams that went 0-4 in the preseason, only 8 made it to the playoffs. So that's enough of a difference there there does seem to be come correlation. Or at least I'd be a little concerned if my team went 4-0.

teams usually don't go 0-4 in the preseason though. I know in the last 10 years there was an 0-4 team that won the NFC championship, and 1-3 superbowl winners. The only teams that care about winning in preseason are teams that won't win in the regular season. I saw a game where a team went into victory formation. Do you think that is what Quinn would do? We aren't trying to win, we don't care if we win. It's about figuring out who you keep and drop; And out of those you keep what are their strengths and weaknesses? Also you have to keep plays vanilla. Our front four never stunted, and Freeman never played a snap on offense. Tryout players and rookies don't have superbowl hangovers. If Ryan goes 10-30 in week one then worry, until then go back and enjoy watching this defense causing turnovers.

4 hours ago, Nereek said:

Pre-season wins/losses are meaningless. But for some reason falcons go 0-4 in preseason and season is over, no wonder our fanbase suck.

message board posts should NEVER be used as a measuring stick for the ENTIRE fan base. I get a little ticked when people do that ... "negative message board post!" = "no wonder our fanbase suck" wtf???

Anyone with half a brain can see that the only reason we didn't win a preseason game was the complete lack of skill from Matt Simms and our 3rd string o line who played 75% of the preseason.. the guy had no pocket awarness or touch on the ball.. not to mention his entire supporting cast was udfa receivers.

However our defense made a large number of turnovers in the preseason along all depth groups.. I think we caused 9 fumbles and had 5-6 ints in a 4 game stretch. This team will be absolute ball hawks week 1