Browns cut Hayden

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Someone will overpay the Saints or Carolina. I can't believe the Browns didn't at least get a late round draft pick to save the cap hit I know some one would still give a 6th or 7th for the guy. Browns never cease to amaze.

No offense but your analysis is extremely poor.  Browns GM put it out there - it was only public for a few days but I bet the other 31 GMs have known for awhile that Haden was on the market.

When you have a mid career player with injury history that is probably worth $4-5mm on the open market, no team is going to pay $11mm AND give up draft picks.

think man, think!

This is an interesting one.  He's been having a bad preseason, but the guy is not old, he's only 28.  I think somebody will pay him more than Atlanta would be willing to though.  I think Atlanta would bring him in for the 2 million on a one year deal. He'd only take that if he desperately wanted a ring and thought this was the best place to get it.

Hayden has been on the decline and is injury prone.  It's possible a change of scenery will improve his play, but it won't fix his injury issues.  

Since veteran's salaries are guaranteed for the year if they are signed before the first game I suspect he won't get signed until after the first game so that teams aren't stuck with his contract if he fails to produce.

The Falcons should take a flier on this guy. Quinn coached him at Florida, Haden is still young, and who knows, maybe all the losing in Cleveland played a big role in his drop off in performance. Happened with Randy Moss when he went to Oakland. Remember when the Patriots traded for him and people questioned it because Moss's performance and "give a d@mn" was busted? All Randy did was go out and score 23 touchdowns and throw it back to 1998. Some guys just don't "give a d@mn" when they're on bad teams that are always losing and have no shot at winning, but put them on a winning team and boom, they're back to what they were previously. I think Haden could turn it around here and get back to being an elite corner.