TJ Ward Trade Talks

This is the only move I would be interested in at this point. I know some of you will say, "He's a Strong Safety though!!!" No he's another hybrid player, the Broncos are going through a scheme change on their side, also getting younger. I think Ward would be a nice fit. Not likely to happen, but I would be all for it. Besides, it would be nice to have him and Terron on the same team. Would give you guys that "story" you all dream of.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all of the moves buzzing around, this is the only one I can, kinda, get behind.  No matter how the stats are fluffed up, FS still feels like the weakness on our Defense especially considering just how crucial the "eraser" role is in Quinn's system.

Needless to say, when I saw the trade rumors surround T.J. Ward it did pique my interest.

Just now, droopy1592 said:

Kazee will be the Ball Hawk we all want if Allen doesn't sign a team friendly deal. 

We'll see. 

I'll need to see more of him on the field to be convinced he is this messiah everyone touts him as.

Don't mention college film either. Once preseason starts, I couldn't give two ***** about what he did in college.

27 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm actually not interested in a trade like that unless all it took was a 7th round pick or something. I like the chemistry of the defense as it is. These guys enjoy playing together. Getting a guy like Ward who IMO is a minor upgrade is a pretty big risk on how it could potentially impact the locker room

His brother is already on the squad. That's a point for him being good in the chemistry department.

35 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

His brother is already on the squad. That's a point for him being good in the chemistry department.

For sure. But he would also replace Allen who I think is highly regarded/respected by the players. Allens skills are definitely replaceable. But I think his work ethic and leadership has earned him the respect of his teammates 

9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

For sure. But he would also replace Allen who I think is highly regarded/respected by the players. Allens skills are definitely replaceable. But I think his work ethic and leadership has earned him the respect of his teammates 

Why would he replace Allen? - Ward is a SS. 

2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Why would he replace Allen - Ward is a SS. 

Did you read OP?

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

This is the only move I would be interested in at this point. I know some of you will say, "He's a Strong Safety though!!!" No he's another hybrid player, the Broncos are going through a scheme change on their side, also getting younger. I think Ward would be a nice fit. 

He'd definitely be replacing Allen.

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Then he would have the ownus of making sure his teammates would lend the same respect to Ward. 

51 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Never understood some in here's obsession in wanting to replace this young cheap still improving player.