Browns Trying to Trade Joe Haden Apparently

fincavigia

Would you guys be interested in the Falcons trying to get in on that? I guess it may not make much sense with our current CBs + next year's potential cap limitations. It'd be one **** of a secondary though.

EDIT: NM; I thought he was supposed to be a top 5 CB. According to PFF he's garbage. Guess I haven't really been following his career!

Edited by fincavigia

Just now, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Haden had a nice start to his career but tailed off right around the time he was extended for big money. He had been living off of reputation since then. 

Yeah I didn't realize that; I figured he was still good because the last I ever heard of him was when he came out and was considered a top CB. I guess the reason I never heard of him again is because he tailed off big time.

Per ESPN:

"BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are open to trade offers for cornerback Joe Haden, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Haden's contract will not make a trade easy. He is due to be paid $11.1 million this season, and $11.2 million and $10.4 million in 2018 and '19. Any team that acquires Haden would have to accept those salaries for a corner who last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014."

Whole article is here http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20495844/cleveland-browns-open-trade-offers-veteran-cb-joe-haden

1 hour ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Per ESPN:

"BEREA, Ohio -- The Cleveland Browns are open to trade offers for cornerback Joe Haden, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Haden's contract will not make a trade easy. He is due to be paid $11.1 million this season, and $11.2 million and $10.4 million in 2018 and '19. Any team that acquires Haden would have to accept those salaries for a corner who last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014."

Whole article is here http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20495844/cleveland-browns-open-trade-offers-veteran-cb-joe-haden

I love how the article says the Browns are "open to trade offers" - when basically they are shopping him and begging folks to take him.

6 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

His closing speed on the ball was what impressed me most about him about him when he was actually good. I don't think he has that speed or the thump required to be a good FS for us at this point. At least not better than what we have.

This is true. I don't think he was much faster than Allen coming out of college IRC.