Is there somebody that a NFC South team got in the draft that you wish ATL had gotten?

Scott1988

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Not in this last draft, but Lotulelei was my favorite player in his draft.

When I saw him slipping, kept hoping we'd trade up. 

Still stings to see him in that Panthers uniform.

Definitely not upset with Tru though.

Yeah he's been a beast for us. Speaking of that, someone posted an article on the CarolinaHuddle on what he did during preseason. 

He basically man-handled his assignments.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/08/28/carolina-panthers-star-lotulelei/

giphy.gif

On the play above, Star Lotulelei utilizes a swim move against the o-lineman. He gets the advantage and comes running after the runningback. Right beside Star, Short helps clean the play up and stop Derrick Henry from gaining much yardage.

As seen, Star helps impact and change plays. The Titans RB realizes that Star beat his man, so he’s forced to change direction right into Short’s hands.

As far as the Falcons, I got to say Freeman is one of them. I remember seeing him a few times and actually hoped we'd draft him. Falcons got a good one there.

5 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Yeah he's been a beast for us. Speaking of that, someone posted an article on the CarolinaHuddle on what he did during preseason. 

He basically man-handled his assignments.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/08/28/carolina-panthers-star-lotulelei/

As far as the Falcons, I got to say Freeman is one of them. I remember seeing him a few times and actually hoped we'd draft him. Falcons got a good one there.

Well, we got Poe now, so we'll call it even lol

I like Marcus Williams who the Saints got. Rico looked better than ever in the last preseason game though so we're probably better off. IDK what kind of position they'll target in the next draft. Seemingly have really young studs everywhere except receiver which is occupied by Julio...

Aints- Jimmy Graham. They usually draft guys I think are busts or just don't care about, but I knew he would be a beast with some coaching.

Sucs- Jameis. Only thing that's gonna stop us from turning the NFC South into the AFC East.

Panties- Greg Hardy. I was too young to see the signs of his psychosis when he was coming out of college, but I thought he was a top 10 talent coming out. 

6 hours ago, Scott1988 said:

Mac went to one of the worst spots he could have landed 

Actually one of the best. Our run game revolves around his strengths now, and we're still going to be using him a ton in the passing/mismatch area.

Shula's strength is run design. So far, Panthers running outside zone and downhill gap a ton for McCaffrey; both in which he flourished in at Stanford. 

As far as his receiving, CMC has been used on checkdowns, motions out wide, and the screen/slot in the preseason. Cam hit him right on the dot during his one drive against Houston. He's going to flourish, and you guys are not going to take him lightly.

58 minutes ago, SamMills51 said:

Actually one of the best. Our run game revolves around his strengths now, and we're still going to be using him a ton in the passing/mismatch area.

Shula's strength is run design. So far, Panthers running outside zone and downhill gap a ton for McCaffrey; both in which he flourished in at Stanford. 

As far as his receiving, CMC has been used on checkdowns, motions out wide, and the screen/slot in the preseason. Cam hit him right on the dot during his one drive against Houston. He's going to flourish, and you guys are not going to take him lightly.

Think he meant that cmc went to the worst spot he could have landed for the Falcons.  Not entirely sure though.

I assumed OP meant this draft, and for need OJ might have been nice but Hooper I think can be our TE1. Pretty much all of our division at least right now had really solid drafts, I would take any one of their first three rounders. Not that many would start here but they would be great additions for the future. NFCS is to me the most talented division.

12 hours ago, Scott1988 said:

OJ Howard would have been deadly in this offense next to Julio

I wouldn't have minded OJ Howard, but I think Hoop is coming into his own.    

I wouldn't have minded McCaffrey, but I'm also happy with the RBs we have on the team

I also wouldn't have minded Ryan Ramczyk

That's this year.   As far as guys on the roster of the NFCS teams I would have liked to see in Red & Black - there's McCoy, David, Kuechly and Evans.

Saints
Jimmy Graham

Im a huge Miami fan. In his 1 season at the U it was obvious the kid had a ton of talent but was raw and needed some time. He dropped so many passes when he was wide open but you could just tell he was a freak with potential. Was pissed with how late he fell and that we didn't draft him. He could have learned behind the best TE in NFL History and been a god for us after he retired.

Panthers
Greg Hardy
Same exact draft as the guy above. Yeah I know he ended up being a psycho but I was a huge fan of his in that draft and was extremely pissed that not only did we pass on Graham multiple times but we also passed on Hardy. He ended up being a **** good DE until he started getting himself in trouble with the law.

Kony Ealy
What started as a promising career has quickly fallen off. I was a huge fan of him and wanted him so bad in the 2nd round that draft after he fell some.

Bucs
OJ Howard

I had a wish that in some weird way he would fall to us at the end of the 1st. I knew it wasent going to happen but it was an extra kick to the nuts when the Bucs were the ones who drafted him. Easily the best TE prospect in a long time in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Saints
Jimmy Graham

Im a huge Miami fan. In his 1 season at the U it was obvious the kid had a ton of talent but was raw and needed some time. He dropped so many passes when he was wide open but you could just tell he was a freak with potential. Was pissed with how late he fell and that we didn't draft him. He could have learned behind the best TE in NFL History and been a god for us after he retired.

Panthers
Greg Hardy
Same exact draft as the guy above. Yeah I know he ended up being a psycho but I was a huge fan of his in that draft and was extremely pissed that not only did we pass on Graham multiple times but we also passed on Hardy. He ended up being a **** good DE until he started getting himself in trouble with the law.

Kony Ealy
What started as a promising career has quickly fallen off. I was a huge fan of him and wanted him so bad in the 2nd round that draft after he fell some.

Bucs
OJ Howard

I had a wish that in some weird way he would fall to us at the end of the 1st. I knew it wasent going to happen but it was an extra kick to the nuts when the Bucs were the ones who drafted him. Easily the best TE prospect in a long time in my opinion.

Yep, Ealy was one I remember wanting as well.