The 4 tiers of quarterbacks according to Colin Cowherd

fuego

7 minutes ago, mikeg272 said:

Lmao how does in anyone's world does Andrew Luck get tier 1 and Matt get tier 3. That's horrible even for cowturd.

Seriously. This illogical fascination with Luck by many talking sports heads is bewildering to me. They won't even blame him for anything, they blame the front office when things don't go right. Not matter what happens with Matt it's always him. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

Seriously. This illogical fascination with Luck by many talking sports heads is bewildering to me. They won't even blame him for anything, they blame the front office when things don't go right. Not matter what happens with Matt it's always him. 

Luck is great though. Tier 2 for me. I wish we got to see him with a team around him. That would probably show his elite talent. The kid has Rodgers level ability physically, so that's why everyone props him up. Both to prove themselves right about their draft predictions and to get ahead of future success.

There is a video on the FoxSports site where Cowherd likens Ryan to Dalton and Alex Smith. The gave credit for last year to playing all awful defenses(Of course he doesn't mention Denver and Seattle or Chiefs or Chargers who weren't slouches), and Shanahan He is stirring the pot. Ryan wasn't any good until Shanahan got here.  And he always says lets take Matt Ryan's best year out of the equation.

20 minutes ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Luck is great though. Tier 2 for me. I wish we got to see him with a team around him. That would probably show his elite talent. The kid has Rodgers level ability physically, so that's why everyone props him up. Both to prove themselves right about their draft predictions and to get ahead of future success.

Luck has been overrated so far though. He is an elite potential talent, but he ain't the elite player the media is making him out to be yet.

Luck at times can be a turnover machine. He is also on an awful team and I think Pagano should've been gone. Luck needs someone that is a very strong offensive mind like a Sean Payton as a HC.

Luck is way overrated.  70 games, 59% completion, 87 rating, 132 TD to 95 INT/F.

But he has no defense.  They consistently were around low 20's in ppg allowed.  Made worse by his turnover rate.

But he has no weapons.  T.Y. Hilton has 4 straight 1k yard seasons.  Gore has been average.  Not great but they aren't bottom of the barrel.

But he has no run game.  Again normally in low 20's mostly because they are below average in attempts.  Which is because he turns the ball over a lot and has to throw more.

And he plays 2 games against the worst team in the NFL since he was drafted, in arguably the worse division in the NFL in that time span, and the weaker overall conference.

But he made it to the AFCCG.  His defense gave up 10 to the Bengals and 13 to the Broncos to get there.  Who led the team to get there?  But he has no defense!

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

FS1 is full of attention grabbers saying inflammatory stuff so that they can steal viewers from ESPN. He also said Aaron Rodgers is just Jay Cutler with a ring last year.

Really all anyone needs to know about his opinion right there.

5 hours ago, Flyin' In DC said:

There is a video on the FoxSports site where Cowherd likens Ryan to Dalton and Alex Smith. The gave credit for last year to playing all awful defenses(Of course he doesn't mention Denver and Seattle or Chiefs or Chargers who weren't slouches), and Shanahan He is stirring the pot. Ryan wasn't any good until Shanahan got here.  And he always says lets take Matt Ryan's best year out of the equation.

To be fair, we lost to Seattle, the Chiefs & the Chargers (not a good defense).  Though none of those L's can be put on the offense.

7 hours ago, Xyfiel said:

Luck is way overrated.  70 games, 59% completion, 87 rating, 132 TD to 95 INT/F.

But he has no defense.  They consistently were around low 20's in ppg allowed.  Made worse by his turnover rate.

But he has no weapons.  T.Y. Hilton has 4 straight 1k yard seasons.  Gore has been average.  Not great but they aren't bottom of the barrel.

But he has no run game.  Again normally in low 20's mostly because they are below average in attempts.  Which is because he turns the ball over a lot and has to throw more.

And he plays 2 games against the worst team in the NFL since he was drafted, in arguably the worse division in the NFL in that time span, and the weaker overall conference.

But he made it to the AFCCG.  His defense gave up 10 to the Bengals and 13 to the Broncos to get there.  Who led the team to get there?  But he has no defense!

You fail to bring up just how bad the Colts oline has been ever since he's been in the leauge. Aruguably as bad as our was from 13-15. There's a reason why Luck is constantly getting injured. We all saw how much a terrible oline affected Matt. 

Gore is nothing more than an average RB at this point in his career and most of his production comes because of the of soft boxes he faces due to teams trying to shut down the passing game. Look at how much Gore's ypc drops when Luck is injured. 

And yeah his defense has been bad. Just because they had a nice little run in the playoffs doesn't change that. You bring up the two playoffs games but fail to mention the Pats game were they couldn't stop a nose bleed. He also won a playoff game by having to score 45 points as the defense gave up 44 to the Cheifs lol. 

I actually find his success pretty impressive all things considered (I wouldn't call him a tier 1 QB though).The Colts remind me of our teams in Mike Smiths last two years. No QB is going to be efficient in that type of situation. Give him a good oline and I think you'll see a Matt Ryan type rise out of him. 

Edited by Bobby.Digital

I was gonna make a thread and vent about the lack of respect this team is getting after a frickin OT Super Bowl loss and the season we had last year, but I'll just do it here. First of all Colin Cowherd is an idiot. He's not a sports journalist, he's there to stir the pot and to cause drama so **** him. Second, the lack of respect is amazing. You'd think we'd be a team people say "hey, look out for them" but instead people act like because we blew the lead in the SB that we suddenly suck now. NEWSFLASH: Matt Ryan isn't Cam Newton, he's not gonna pout for an entire year like he did. Wtf is wrong with people nowadays? Do they not objectively watch football?

Edited by PHALCONABERNATHY