Who would you prefer our current OC be right now?

jlrfalcon

Who would you prefer our current OC be right now?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer our current OC be right now?

• Kyle Shanahan
    • Steve Sarkisian
    • Other

I think this offense is going to cruise and Sarkisian might get too much credit but that's OK.  At the end of the day it is about the talent and the QB, and the Falcons are loaded.

But with regards to the question, I am fine with Sarkisian.  Shanahan had to go after that Super Bowl meltdown.

17 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I think this offense is going to cruise and Sarkisian might get too much credit but that's OK.  At the end of the day it is about the talent and the QB, and the Falcons are loaded.

But with regards to the question, I am fine with Sarkisian.  Shanahan had to go after that Super Bowl meltdown.

Agree. The fall-out from the questionable play-calling in the SB would likely have created an air of negativity that would have continued to haunt this team had Shanahan remained as the OC. With him completely out of the picture, the players can close the book on all the controversy over the play-calling and go forward with a clean slate into this new season.

Sark is a brilliant offensive mind. Save for the fact he's replacing a guy many consider to be about the best play-calling OC in the league, most in here would be ~ and should be ~ delighted we were able to bring in somebody of Sark's caliber to guide our elite offense.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much better we can be with someone who is more willing to listen and incorporate the ideas of his QB into his game plans and strategy. We have an excellent chance of being even better on offense this year imo.

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Everyone was high on Shanny's assistants last year. Did they all go with him to SF?

No they didn't.  I remember seeing one in a preseason game that didn't include SanFran.  Can't remember the team or the coach.  Just remember thinking "that's one of Shanny's old assistants." LOL guess that's not too reliable, but it is what I remember. :lol: