Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MeanJoeGreene74

PSL's upgraded due to obstruction on 40 yard line

15 posts in this topic

So I got an email a few weeks back stating that there might be a problem with the view from my seats (312, row 8, seats). I picked these seats as soon as the Falcons let me come in to the preview center. We were told that though row 8, there would be nobody in front of us due to stairs in front of our seats. I guess they had to go back and add additional safety measures maybe?

Anyway, I wasn't pleased at all with the location. After the stadium preview two Saturdays ago, I called to see what my options were.

They had several, all involved moving further away from the 50 and further back...no thanks.  After I turned these options down, they went to work and called me back a couple of hours later. Still offering the same crap options but added a $500 PSL credit per ticket to my account, again no thanks!

I was then asked about moving down to the 200's...but in the corner. I said no thanks, but the rep says "I didn't tell you the best part, Row 1, seats 1-2"

They moved my tickets to 245, Row 1, seats 1-2. They waived the extra PSL charges, the only thing I'm on the hook for is the difference in ticket price (currently $115 VS $95 in 312). For $200 extra yearly per ticket, I moved down and got front row. When I asked how much these seats would have been a few months back, I was told that I couldn't have bought them because they were saved for PSL owners who had problems with their seats.

The seats for the home opener against the Pack would go for around $350 each in my old seats, they are selling for $550 in my new location. That $200 was made up in the first game of the season!

Score one for the little guys!!

unnamed.jpg

24 minutes ago, MeanJoeGreene74 said:

So I got an email a few weeks back stating that there might be a problem with the view from my seats (312, row 8, seats). I picked these seats as soon as the Falcons let me come in to the preview center. We were told that though row 8, there would be nobody in front of us due to stairs in front of our seats. I guess they had to go back and add additional safety measures maybe?

Anyway, I wasn't pleased at all with the location. After the stadium preview two Saturdays ago, I called to see what my options were.

They had several, all involved moving further away from the 50 and further back...no thanks.  After I turned these options down, they went to work and called me back a couple of hours later. Still offering the same crap options but added a $500 PSL credit per ticket to my account, again no thanks!

I was then asked about moving down to the 200's...but in the corner. I said no thanks, but the rep says "I didn't tell you the best part, Row 1, seats 1-2"

They moved my tickets to 245, Row 1, seats 1-2. They waived the extra PSL charges, the only thing I'm on the hook for is the difference in ticket price (currently $115 VS $95 in 312). For $200 extra yearly per ticket, I moved down and got front row. When I asked how much these seats would have been a few months back, I was told that I couldn't have bought them because they were saved for PSL owners who had problems with their seats.

The seats for the home opener against the Pack would go for around $350 each in my old seats, they are selling for $550 in my new location. That $200 was made up in the first game of the season!

unnamed.jpg

Good job on your part of holding out and negotiating.  Good job on the organization in working to find a good solution for you.  Good biz is win-win.  

53 minutes ago, MeanJoeGreene74 said:

unnamed.jpg

So you're selling your seats for the first game of the season?

Flying Falcon likes this

24 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I never intended to...but I see that selling my tix to the Packers game and the Cowboys game would literally pay for the other 8 games and cover my season costs, including parking

If you want the seats, I'll take $1,000 for the two and throw in my Lot A gulch parking pass. That's saving a couple hundred bucks probably

Same offer for Dallas! Thanks in advance to whoever decides to fund the other 8 games for me!

Flying Falcon likes this

well im very happy for you...but

I am in the 200s section and asked for isle seats when I purchased.  They told me the only aisle seats they had were on row 10.  So that is where I am at.  Row 10.   

Now six moths later they are offering people row 1.   

2 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I would've quite gladly taken those at $350. Ho-hum.

It does highlight how stupid some of these features are. That safety rail serves no purpose other than being an obstruction to views of the game. 

Flying Falcon likes this

6 hours ago, MeanJoeGreene74 said:

unnamed.jpg

Glad to hear they got you taken care of. At least you received an email letting you know that there might be a problem. I'm in 307, row 5 and I didn't receive an email at all. The couple behind me in Row 6 said they did, but I didn't. And, it's not even an issue for them. They sit above where it comes into the field of view. Looks like whoever was responsible for determining the obstruction seats missed mine by one row. I have the exact same issue you did, there's a railing directly in my line of sight and from the angle of my seat in 307, it runs directly down the hash lines from the Falcon's logo to the endzone. I could not see the left side of the field at all without moving my head back and forth/up and down, over and over.

We were there for the open house, but the only banner in the entire building was completely covering our view of the field, so we didn't notice the issue even existed or we would have discussed it on Saturday.

I have to admit, it really upset me considering I picked out my seats in September of 2015. I went to guest services at Sec 301 and they sent me around the corner to a non nondescript table where three reps were there for that very reason. The first question they asked me was..."Did you not get the email?" They took down my information and said I'd get a call on Tuesday. I mentioned that I had specifically picked out a low row with an aisle and she made a face and said..."oh, there won't be any options like that."

I think the stadium is beautiful and I feel with the defense improving and Matt peaking, good things are coming...but it sucks to have season tickets for 19 years and experience this kind of low when there should be every reason to be happy. It feels like the Super Bowl hangover all over again.

6 hours ago, MeanJoeGreene74 said:

I never intended to...but I see that selling my tix to the Packers game and the Cowboys game would literally pay for the other 8 games and cover my season costs, including parking

If you want the seats, I'll take $1,000 for the two and throw in my Lot A gulch parking pass. That's saving a couple hundred bucks probably

Same offer for Dallas! Thanks in advance to whoever decides to fund the other 8 games for me!

Oh thanks but no thanks.

I live in AZ and am most likely moving to Washington state soon so I'm not going to make it to any games this year.

1 hour ago, KJinCton said:

Glad to hear they got you taken care of. At least you received an email letting you know that there might be a problem. I'm in 307, row 5 and I didn't receive an email at all. The couple behind me in Row 6 said they did, but I didn't. And, it's not even an issue for them. They sit above where it comes into the field of view. Looks like whoever was responsible for determining the obstruction seats missed mine by one row. I have the exact same issue you did, there's a railing directly in my line of sight and from the angle of my seat in 307, it runs directly down the hash lines from the Falcon's logo to the endzone. I could not see the left side of the field at all without moving my head back and forth/up and down, over and over.

We were there for the open house, but the only banner in the entire building was completely covering our view of the field, so we didn't notice the issue even existed or we would have discussed it on Saturday.

I have to admit, it really upset me considering I picked out my seats in September of 2015. I went to guest services at Sec 301 and they sent me around the corner to a non nondescript table where three reps were there for that very reason. The first question they asked me was..."Did you not get the email?" They took down my information and said I'd get a call on Tuesday. I mentioned that I had specifically picked out a low row with an aisle and she made a face and said..."oh, there won't be any options like that."

I think the stadium is beautiful and I feel with the defense improving and Matt peaking, good things are coming...but it sucks to have season tickets for 19 years and experience this kind of low when there should be every reason to be happy. It feels like the Super Bowl hangover all over again.

Follow his advice - and continue to follow up until you are satisfied.

8 hours ago, MeanJoeGreene74 said:

unnamed.jpg

Congrats MeanJoeGreene75...I meant 74.

That is a nice deal.

I'd heard that there were some seats that had either been held back for whatever reason or there were people that were turning in their seats that would be offered for sale.  When I called the representative I was told that there would be some more available after the last preseason game.  She said that logistically they couldn't entertain upgrading or changing seats until after the last preseason game.  We are currently in Section 344, Row 16 but we have aisle seats.  Several of the people sitting around us were really cool so we may not want to move but then again I sure would like to know what other options we might have out there. 

4 hours ago, Tandy said:

Follow his advice - and continue to follow up until you are satisfied.

Hopefully I'll get a call tomorrow and we'll get it settled. Sad to think that emails went out a few weeks ago for this and I will just be starting the process tomorrow. That means if there were allotted seats to take care of these issues, they've been picked over since then. Maybe that's not the case. AB has always been great about taking care of his customers, so I'm optimistic this will still be the case.

Tandy likes this