Jump to content

slider
 Share

Recommended Posts

     One bright spot on offense from last night was the play of Schweitzer at RG. He was perfect. We entered this preseason with a perceived hole at RG but I think Wes has put the worry to bed at this point. He looks great there. Flawless in this game, of course it was a vanilla offense but I think he was the star of the O-Line. Garland is a good backup to have but there was an obvious drop off when Wes came out. Question answered I think! Now it's just TE and FB. I think Reggie Davis probably locked up the last WR spot. Saubert appears lost out there so I think we're looking at Toilolo, Hooper and Perkins. FB...I'm not sure !  Very small sample size but Sark doesn't seem to use the FB like Shanny did.  If you're just looking for a blocking FB Coleman's size probably wins that battle but who knows? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know about "perfect" but yes, he was very impressive last night.

I expect he'll have his growing pains this season, but he should be at least an adequate replacement for Chester this year, and in his second season as a 6th round pick who never saw the field as a rookie, that's definitely something to be proud of. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I don't know about "perfect" but yes, he was very impressive last night.

I expect he'll have his growing pains this season, but he should be at least an adequate replacement for Chester this year, and in his second season as a 6th round pick who never saw the field as a rookie, that's definitely something to be proud of. 

I watched the NFL gamepass replay twice just focusing on RG. I can find no fault with Wes's play. He executed well. Good technique. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, quotemokc said:

In an ideal world Wes becomes a capable starter and Harlow replaces Levitre

I actually think predominately Wes came out as a LT/LG I think he actually takes Levitres spot.Having him being an interchangeable piece could well be key going foward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I actually think predominately Wes came out as a LT/LG I think he actually takes Levitres spot.Having him being an interchangeable piece could well be key going foward.

Yes, and Harlow is predominately a RG, so I would guess longterm goal is Wes at LG and Harlow at RG...  But who knows!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, slider said:

     One bright spot on offense from last night was the play of Schweitzer at RG. He was perfect. We entered this preseason with a perceived hole at RG but I think Wes has put the worry to bed at this point. He looks great there. Flawless in this game, of course it was a vanilla offense but I think he was the star of the O-Line. Garland is a good backup to have but there was an obvious drop off when Wes came out. Question answered I think! Now it's just TE and FB. I think Reggie Davis probably locked up the last WR spot. Saubert appears lost out there so I think we're looking at Toilolo, Hooper and Perkins. FB...I'm not sure !  Very small sample size but Sark doesn't seem to use the FB like Shanny did.  If you're just looking for a blocking FB Coleman's size probably wins that battle but who knows? 

I have not been impressed with Schweitzer this preseason at all UNTIL yesterday. I really thought he played well and probably won himself the starting job 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Schweitzer was good in the limited snaps from the first two games but this game solidified it for people. The gap was clear between him and Garland but for some reason, because DQ didn't come out and just plainly say it, people thought Wes was not thoroughly beating Garland. It's clear. We have a RG. My only concern is when the stunts are ran, how he reacts then. But straight up, Wes is ready

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, vel said:

Schweitzer was good in the limited snaps from the first two games but this game solidified it for people. The gap was clear between him and Garland but for some reason, because DQ didn't come out and just plainly say it, people thought Wes was not thoroughly beating Garland. It's clear. We have a RG. My only concern is when the stunts are ran, how he reacts then. But straight up, Wes is ready

This will be really important in week 1. The RG for the Titans (an all pro) was totally dismantled by the DT on the Bears.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, slider said:

I watched the NFL gamepass replay twice just focusing on RG. I can find no fault with Wes's play. He executed well. Good technique. 

He is a smart fellow. A pre-med major....

So understanding his assignments on the OL is all good.

Gets to play 'tween Mack and Schraeder.

He is a mean hombre on the field.

Love his attack punches either run or pass.

Passion exudes.

Been a fan since I witnessed his college highlights as a LT.

Get some!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, hjerry said:

He's been playing exclusively LG, and was a LT in college.

 

Yeah, but he is a much better run blocker, whereas Wes is a better pass blocker.  That would typically put them on the other sides.

"The aspect of Harlow's game that truly stands out is his run blocking. PFF determined that Harlow had success on 96.8 percent of his snaps in run blocking,"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...