Jump to content

Takk is looking EXTREMELY good


gazoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am thrilled about the play of Takk s far this preseason.

He's frequently beating first team OTs and getting constant pressure and hits. His initial burst off the line is phenomenal. He's strong, uses his long arms well and has  an incredible awareness of where the ball is as plays develop. He seems to be super focused and that hit he laid on ball carrier that cause the fumble was vicious. His reactions, instincts and pursuit are sensational. 

I did not expect him to play this well this quickly.

Color me extremely impressed. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I am thrilled about the play of Takk s far this preseason.

He's frequently beating first team OTs and getting constant pressure and hits. His initial burst off the line is phenomenal. He's strong, uses his long arms well and has  an incredible awareness of where the ball is as plays develop. He seems to be super focused and that hit he laid on ball carrier that cause the fumble was vicious.

Color me extremely impressed. 

 

 

Color me impressed too, he looked awesome tonight as did jack Crawford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

As I have stated in the past. Bend is vastly overrated and is another one of those catch words that was overused on this board with few actually knowing what it means

is that the same as when someone tells me  'why don't you get bent'??

 

:ninja::ninja:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

How long did we sign him for ?

3 years, 10 mil. Wasn't sure at first, watched him a bit and felt like he might be good with some of his traits that Quinn likes, but he's wayyyy outperforming what I thought he'd do.

Considering how little training camp and pre-training camp Takk had, and coming off surgery, he's looking way better than expected too. Tbh I was expecting a very limited role and possibly <4 sacks on the season while he adjusted and healed up, but now I'd be surprised if he doesn't get at least 6. He's adjusting very quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

 

Considering how little training camp and pre-training camp Takk had, and coming off surgery, he's looking way better than expected too. Tbh I was expecting a very limited role and possibly <4 sacks on the season while he adjusted and healed up, but now I'd be surprised if he doesn't get at least 6. He's adjusting very quickly.

Same here. My whole view of how he fits into our scheme this year has changed. Where I thought he'd be mainly a 3rd down specialist this year, I see him now as a starter and full time contributer. He sees the field well on running plays, diagnoses them quickly and gets in good position to make plays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SirCzah said:

Love the motor on this kid.  Especially liked seeing him and Riley standing together a number of times on the sideline.  The energy those 2 bring is going to be essential in rotation and late in games.

2 more instant and high playmaking ability defensive starters. We added 4 rookies last year that was a record for a starting Super Bowl defense. 

The entire NFL will look back at how quickly and efficiently this defense was built from ground up and try to replicate. What we have done here is remarkable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

As I have stated in the past. Bend is vastly overrated and is another one of those catch words that was overused on this board with few actually knowing what it means

Yup .. Like Michael Bennett said ... Its only 3 dudes in the NFL that can bend like gumby .... Ware, von miller , and Vic Beasley .... 

 

 

Its about your get off ... Beating the tackle to the spot.

 

 

But I've heard ware say the most important thing for a rusher is his get off..... Man talk has a nice get off .... His get off seems to be better then Beasley during his rookie year... He has has very good timing off the snap .

 

 

 

Man I'm excited about our 2 young rushers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...