Which former bird, would best represent the Falcons Shield?

51 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Like them all but Tuggle UDFA from Valdosta State... If he was on the Bears or Cowboys Giants he would have been legendary. . Spent entire career here Not to mention we got his son on the team 

I'm really pulling for jarrett to be a baller for us. If he is then his family becomes legitimate falcons royalty for sure. My favorite falcon though is still rowdy roddy white and I wish he could commentate our games with Charles Davis. He has my shield vote. 

Edited by Xero

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

Like them all but Tuggle UDFA from Valdosta State... If he was on the Bears or Cowboys Giants he would have been legendary. . Spent entire career here Not to mention we got his son on the team 

^^THIS^^

shouldn't really be any more argument

As a longtime Saints fan since the late 60's, when both our franchises entered the league,  I am glad to see some here remember Tommy Nobis. He was a tough as nails, hard-hitting LB.  I hated that guy. He 's very under-appreciated by NFL historians. Same with Jeff Van Note. They both gave the Saints fits. Either would be a great choice to represent the Falcons.

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Tuggle, he is a career Falcon

You hit it exactly - it would have to be someone who started and finished as a Falcon.  So, no current player like Ryan or Julio could be picked since there is still a chance they could go elsewhere or even have a bad ending to their career.  Likewise, Deion would be a bad choice since he went elsewhere after his years here.

I would agree with Van Note but he is so old that you have to explain who he is to millenials.  He is also a lineman who doesn't get the true "fame" he probably deserves.

I like Tuggle or Roddy as they both were central figures to the team and played with the Falcons all their careers.  Actually, if you could somehow pick both, these two would give an offensive and defensive player.