Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xskyx

What underperforming young WR would be a superstar as our WR2?

32 posts in this topic

There are plenty of young players who underperform on their current team. Who would be amazing as a Falcon paired with Julio?

I ask this while thinking about the Watkins trade. He was hyped up to be a beast in that draft, and he has been very disappointing due to injury and just.. well.. his team. I can't help but think he would be a star here. 

Anyone you guys think could as well?

Realistically no one. When the time comes, I think we have a great environment/culture to bring out the beast in Kevin White again though. Seems like he lost his confidence.

TheFalcoholic likes this

Sanu is one of the best wr2s in the NFL. The scary thing is the staff is raving about how much better he is than last season!

Watkins is a legit wr1 talent wise, he was traded because he spends more time on the trainers table than on the field. 

likeriver likes this

24 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Sanu is one of the best wr2s in the NFL. The scary thing is the staff is raving about how much better he is than last season!

Watkins is a legit wr1 talent wise, he was traded because he spends more time on the trainers table than on the field. 

LA needed a #1 for Goff....

I've wondered if Hardy could be a good #2 at some point. I feel like he's #3 because he's Julio and Sanu are just so good, but if Sanu left I could see him stepping up

You guys are no fun. I wasn't downing Sanu. I was just looking for some "what if" discussion on what young talent would shine on this team in particular.

I guess I should have known better.

TheFalcoholic likes this

13 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I've wondered if Hardy could be a good #2 at some point. I feel like he's #3 because he's Julio and Sanu are just so good, but if Sanu left I could see him stepping up

Never saw what folks think they see in Hardy....:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Watt if we had J.J. Watt?

Still a better receiver than anyone on the Chiefs not named Tyreek Hill

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Never saw what folks think they see in Hardy....:rolleyes:

a WR that never drops passes. TBH he hasn't even been given routes to show if he's capable of being a playmaker.

2 hours ago, xskyx said:

There are plenty of young players who underperform on their current team. Who would be amazing as a Falcon paired with Julio?

I ask this while thinking about the Watkins trade. He was hyped up to be a beast in that draft, and he has been very disappointing due to injury and just.. well.. his team. I can't help but think he would be a star here. 

Anyone you guys think could as well?

Watkins draft profiles stated that most of his catches and yards were screens, trick plays, and quick slants and what not, and that he wasn't a major threat deep or midfield yet IIRC ... he has improved but there were plenty of doubters. 

xskyx likes this

15 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Watkins draft profiles stated that most of his catches and yards were screens, trick plays, and quick slants and what not, and that he wasn't a major threat deep or midfield yet IIRC ... he has improved but there were plenty of doubters. 

Remember when everyone claimed Julio was a 1 trick pony as well? I had friends that said if it wasn't for quick slants, he would have nothing. 

13 minutes ago, xskyx said:

Remember when everyone claimed Julio was a 1 trick pony as well? I had friends that said if it wasn't for quick slants, he would have nothing. 

Probably just a typo, he's an 11 trick pony.

Stryka and xskyx like this

8 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No he's not. 

I've always seen him as a guy with magnet hands that for some reason just doesn't get open or thrown to. Never watched him enough to learn why.

3 hours ago, likeriver said:

Hardy isn't above Gabriel at all. That competition isn't even close

Slappywhite likes this

1 hour ago, raysnill1 said:

a WR that never drops passes. TBH he hasn't even been given routes to show if he's capable of being a playmaker.

Why is that?