26. Orlando Brown OT

27. Nick Chubb RB

28. Derrick Nnadi DT

29. Christian Kirk WR

30. Jerome Baker LB

31. Martez Ivey OG

32. Duke Ejiofor DE

4 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

No Josh Allen? I think he's the best QB in this class.

Honestly that was an accident. I believe he should be up there too. Wouldn't say he's the best QB though, I'd put him neck and neck with Danold. I think as far as next level NFL Lamar Jackson is to talented. 

19 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Honestly that was an accident. I believe he should be up there too. Wouldn't say he's the best QB though, I'd put him neck and neck with Danold. I think as far as next level NFL Lamar Jackson is to talented. 

I think Jackson is an enigma, but I think he'll be viewed in a similar vane to Deshaun Watson. He's plenty raw.

Darnold and Allen are probably 1a and 1b. I prefer Allen as he's got the most upside but Darnold might be the first QB off the board. Darnold has a bit of a funky, wind up throwing motion that he's allegedly trying to fix this year, but it's his pocket presence and accuracy that sets him apart. Josh Allen reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck - big, athletic with the best arm in the college. Similar to luck he does make some bad decisions, where you just go WTF, but then the very next play he'll make a throw that very few QB's in the NFL could make. 

I see you have Luke Falk as a 1st rounder. I just don't think he has an NFL calibre arm. He's got good touch on his throws, but I'd have a mid-late round grade on him at best.

This QB class on the whole is the best I've seen in a number of years. 

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I think Jackson is an enigma, but I think he'll be viewed in a similar vane to Deshaun Watson. He's plenty raw.

Darnold and Allen are probably 1a and 1b. I prefer Allen as he's got the most upside but Darnold might be the first QB off the board. Darnold has a bit of a funky, wind up throwing motion that he's allegedly trying to fix this year, but it's his pocket presence and accuracy that sets him apart. Josh Allen reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck - big, athletic with the best arm in the college. Similar to luck he does make some bad decisions, where you just go WTF, but then the very next play he'll make a throw that very few QB's in the NFL could make. 

I see you have Luke Falk as a 1st rounder. I just don't think he has an NFL calibre arm. He's got good touch on his throws, but I'd have a mid-late round grade on him at best.

I can tell you've had more focus on the QBs than I have. Jackson is more accurate than Watson. Faulk will be a first round pick when it's all said and done, but it is a drop off after the first group starting with him.

3 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

I've seen worse QBs than Luke Faulk get picked in the first round. 

1 hour ago, datchrisb1 said:

Just curious, who are those 8-10 guys? 

Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Mason Ruddolph, Jake Browning, Riley Ferguson, Jarrett Stidham are all guys I had on my radar coming into this year. From what I've seen so far, Falk would be at the bottom of this list. 

There will be a couple of guys who come out of left field as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all think we should take a tackle in the first this year if one of the top ones is available. I'm a Jake Matthews fan, but he's just good enough to get a big contract that overpays him because of how important the position is. We have to start thinking about paying that defense, and with a top paid QB, Rb, Wr, C, and RT I don't know if the Falcons can invest another huge contract on that side of the ball and maintain the defense.

Drafting a tackle would allow us to play him at guard for the last year with Matthews and get off of Levitre's contract.  Then we could see if Jake really deserves top tackle money, and if he did become a Joe Thomas type, keep the young guy at guard. If he doesn't, save a bunch of money and let Jake walk with the young guy moving to tackle.

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

Y'all think we should take a tackle in the first this year if one of the top ones is available. I'm a Jake Matthews fan, but he's just good enough to get a big contract that overpays him because of how important the position is. We have to start thinking about paying that defense, and with a top paid QB, Rb, Wr, C, and RT I don't know if the Falcons can invest another huge contract on that side of the ball and maintain the defense.

Drafting a tackle would allow us to play him at guard for the last year with Matthews and get off of Levitre's contract.  Then we could see if Jake really deserves top tackle money, and if he did become a Joe Thomas type, keep the young guy at guard. If he doesn't, save a bunch of money and let Jake walk with the young guy moving to tackle.

Most likely there going to target one specific player. They do that every year. Either they have to go get that specific player or that specific player falls to them. Personally at this point before we have even played one regular season game, I want a corner and D-line depth early.