Taylor Gabriel

jdawg4876

8 minutes ago, DrunkOffFalcohol said:

Quinn isn't rushing anyone back. Free, julio and gabe are all good to go but he wasnts to evaluate the backups w/ the 1st and 2nd team.

hope your right but here is the problem. the media has spoken to julio, and he has participated in 11 on 11 drills. I dont think gabriel has at all and as far as I know he has not done any official press since training camp has started

10 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

hope your right but here is the problem. the media has spoken to julio, and he has participated in 11 on 11 drills. I dont think gabriel has at all and as far as I know he has not done any official press since training camp has started

Gabriel, Julio, and Free could sit out week 1 and we would still beat The Bears. Honestly they could sit out until week 2 if they really needed to. But from what I hear Julio will play vs Cards this week.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:
13 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Gabriel, Julio, and Free could sit out week 1 and we would still beat The Bears. Honestly they could sit out until week 2 if they really needed to. But from what I hear Julio will play vs Cards this week.

if you say so I learned as a falcon fan a long time ago never to count your chickens before they hatch

28 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

if you say so I learned as a falcon fan a long time ago never to count your chickens before they hatch

I am encouraged by the fact that they lost to the 49ers in NFCCG by blowing a 17 point lead and coming back to NFCCG and crushing The Packers. I am encouraged by how they lost 24-2 to the Giants than came back next year and beat the Giants 34-0. This seems like a team that can bounce back and redeem itself. I have faith that if Matt Ryan gets back to the SB we will win next time. SB 51 is really the only time they came close to winning it all. SB 33 was a blowout and I think we would have never beaten Ray Lewis in his last game Ravens were destined to win SB 47. This is our time. 

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

Anyone know exactly what the issue is with him he hasnt done much going all the way back to OTAs is he getting the same treatment as julio.

If I recall correctly I think I remember Dan Quinn saying something to the effect of Gabriel being classified a "speed" guy. (Like Julio) 

The point Quinn was getting at was that those types of players need to be handled with a little bit more patience than the average player.  

My guess is that he's fine whatever it is.   They just have no reason to push it.  Quinn is prepping for more than your regular 16 game season.

1 minute ago, Atlfanstckndenver said:

If I recall correctly I think I remember Dan Quinn saying something to the effect of Gabriel being classified a "speed" guy. (Like Julio) 

The point Quinn was getting at was that those types of players need to be handled with a little bit more patience than the average player.  

My guess is that he's fine whatever it is.   They just have no reason to push it.  Quinn is prepping for more than your regular 16 game season.

I would gladly accept that explanation.  And I hope you are spot on Denver.  Wish the AJC will ask about it again though.  Just for a clarification.

Just now, FentayeJones said:

You guys are worried about nothing. Quinn hardly ever rushes players back from injury.

I'm blocked by Vaughn so I never see things like this, glad to have that aspect cleared up. Now if we could just have clarity of Freeman's freak 2 week long concussion protocol that just got him back to running 

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I have been commenting all camp about this and everyone just brushes it off just like the Freeman's freak 2 week long concussion???

Have you said anything about Freeman elsewhere on the forum? Because I've just been thinking this whole concussion thing with him and the length of it is weird. I don't remember reading anything about a hard hit. Initially they were saying heat related, then changed to concussion. I just think something's going on. 

36 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I am encouraged by the fact that they lost to the 49ers in NFCCG by blowing a 17 point lead and coming back to NFCCG and crushing The Packers. I am encouraged by how they lost 24-2 to the Giants than came back next year and beat the Giants 34-0. This seems like a team that can bounce back and redeem itself. I have faith that if Matt Ryan gets back to the SB we will win next time. SB 51 is really the only time they came close to winning it all. SB 33 was a blowout and I think we would have never beaten Ray Lewis in his last game Ravens were destined to win SB 47. This is our time. 

I get the logic. But when it comes to teams those teams are our current teams dad and grand daddy let's hope it carries on.

4 minutes ago, fuego said:

Have you said anything about Freeman elsewhere on the forum? Because I've just been thinking this whole concussion thing with him and the length of it is weird. I don't remember reading anything about a hard hit. Initially they were saying heat related, then changed to concussion. I just think something's going on. 

Me and @caponine have been chirping about it, I usually make a comment any time there is a thread that mentions free or any injury and people just overlook it like meh no big deal, now people are starting to realize we're going on 2 weeks and he's just starting to run.. not practice.. RUN

1 hour ago, jdawg4876 said:

The concern is understsndable. But in this league you usually hear the bad news before anything good. With that said I definattely believe all three are healthy but the focus is elsewhere.

36 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Me and @caponine have been chirping about it, I usually make a comment any time there is a thread that mentions free or any injury and people just overlook it like meh no big deal, now people are starting to realize we're going on 2 weeks and he's just starting to run.. not practice.. RUN

I've been wondering that also. I thought he left practice because of heat or dehydration than next thing you know there talking about concussion protocol and I'm like WTF.

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Exactly , in my opinion. Not a good thing at all personally , first there was no mention of head injury at all. A concussion is basically when your brain moves or jerks very violently. It goes deeper than just the concussion for me. Will there be any lingering problems ?? Balance ?? Eye or vision ?? Will everything be back to normal. Sometimes concussions can linger , the effects dont go away til after awhile. It affects different people in different ways.

Edited by caponine