Jump to content

Jack Crawford


atljbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a candidate to be cut because what has he done for us. I haven't seem him even in a game yet along getting his name called...However, I don't know what number he is and haven't even tried to figure out who he is.... /Purp (from GDawgs 53 but not GDawg) LoL!

 

In all seriousness, Dude looked very disruptive on the plays I saw. I reviewed Tak's plays over and over and 95 jumped out to me as the catalyst for some of the mayhem Tak was able to cause. He's a strong dude and has a very good skill set to play inside. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When we signed Crawford I said it was a stealth signing that went largely under the radar.

He knifes into the backfield and disrupts plays. These are exactly the type of DTs DQ loves. It flushes the QB out into the reach of the edge rushers and messes up timing on running plays.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeah,, Hoping by the end of the year that Tak will be a force,, I'm kind of thinking now that the two DEs I wanted most may have been better choices...  I was hoping for Taco or TJ Watt.  Hope I'm terribly wrong.

I feel you Draft after the DE's starting going off the board I wanted Watt the kid will give you everything he's got it's in his DNA. But after watching Takk's first game since when November ? I was very impressed with his play yeah a couple of plays he got washed out he will learn but he also has no quit like Watt but faster. I really believe his motor, determination and sheer will will trump his lack of technique as a rookie. The more he plays the better he is going to get and I really believe he is going to be a force. This kid is on a mission

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, atljbo said:

Man i wish gamepass gave all 22 in the preseason i would post some clips but man Jack Crawford was impressive as a inside rusher... He looked good and got some pressure from both DT positions.

 

Keep an eye on jack crawford

I'm glad you posted this. I totally forgot to look for him in the game, but went back last night and rewatched and focused in on him.  I agree.  I saw him get some serious push, pushing the Guard back into QB on a few snaps and others he would split the guard tackle and get pressure.  He looks bigger than I expected, but he seems to do a good job of getting underpad on the O-Line which allows him to get some serious push.  Saw one nice spin move to the outside that allowed him to flush the QB to the left.  

I think this guy will get some serious time and be a factor this year.  

I'm hoping we can see him in the game earlier this week against the 1st string o-line so we can confirm what we saw last week.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeah,, Hoping by the end of the year that Tak will be a force,, I'm kind of thinking now that the two DEs I wanted most may have been better choices...  I was hoping for Taco or TJ Watt.  Hope I'm terribly wrong.

Taco had some struggles in his first preseason game like Takk did his. They'll get better. Don't know about Watt.... I saw some of Crawford during the Steelers game and he really did surprise me! After we signed him, I watched some old film of him when we played the Boys in 2015. He was okay, but I wasn't too impressed. Now I'm thinking it had a lot to do with the Dallas D being not so good, because Crawford is fast for a dude his size and pretty strong to boot. Some Boys fans say he's a bust, but I think he'll prove some folks wrong with playing with us. IMO.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Taco had some struggles in his first preseason game like Takk did his. They'll get better. Don't know about Watt.... I saw some of Crawford during the Steelers game and he really did surprise me! After we signed him, I watched some old film of him when we played the Boys in 2015. He was okay, but I wasn't too impressed. Now I'm thinking it had a lot to do with the Dallas D being not so good, because Crawford is fast for a dude his size and pretty strong to boot. Some Boys fans say he's a bust, but I think he'll prove some folks wrong with playing with us. IMO.

I wouldn't say Takk struggled. On the 10 snaps he played, he got pressure on the majority of them. That was with the 2nd string too.

Yes Crawford was impressive as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichardCNile said:

I'm glad you posted this. I totally forgot to look for him in the game, but went back last night and rewatched and focused in on him.  I agree.  I saw him get some serious push, pushing the Guard back into QB on a few snaps and others he would split the guard tackle and get pressure.  He looks bigger than I expected, but he seems to do a good job of getting underpad on the O-Line which allows him to get some serious push.  Saw one nice spin move to the outside that allowed him to flush the QB to the left.  

I think this guy will get some serious time and be a factor this year.  

I'm hoping we can see him in the game earlier this week against the 1st string o-line so we can confirm what we saw last week.  

Yea .. I think he is what coach hoped Shelby would be...

 

 

Crawford was doing this vs good guards also

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

I wouldn't say Takk struggled. On the 10 snaps he played, he got pressure on the majority of them. That was with the 2nd string too.

Yes Crawford was impressive as well.

 

'Struggle' might not have been the right word for him, but you could tell he has a lot to learn. Ton of potential though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RichardCNile said:

I'm hoping we can see him in the game earlier this week against the 1st string o-line so we can confirm what we saw last week.  

I thought Takk was going against Villanueva, who is their starting LT. Can someone look at the film again, b/c I really thought it was the 1st string LT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dfsutton said:

I thought Takk was going against Villanueva, who is their starting LT. Can someone look at the film again, b/c I really thought it was the 1st string LT.

ya, it may have been. I don't know enough about the Stiller's starting linemen to know.  I just assumed since it was middle of 2nd qtr and we had pulled out starters, they had done the same.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yeah,, Hoping by the end of the year that Tak will be a force,, I'm kind of thinking now that the two DEs I wanted most may have been better choices...  I was hoping for Taco or TJ Watt.  Hope I'm terribly wrong.

Not a knock Draftnut but you keep touting Taco and TJ with EVERY Tak post. The thread was about Crawford. How did we get into Taco and Watt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...