Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,633 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

"How do we promote the boycott against the NFL?"

Lets buy tickets to an NFL game, send the VP and his wife, and then have them leave before the game starts.

"Genius."

I applaud him!  I just wished half the stadium crowd would have followed him out.  Think about the message that would have sent.   

Just now, The Great American said:

I applaud him!  I just wished half the stadium crowd would have followed him out.  Think about the message that would have sent.   

You guys still don't seem to understand the basic concept of boycotting.

1 minute ago, The Great American said:

You guys?  I'm not boycotting but I think Spence was a great American today.   

Nah, drama queen antics are just a distraction... though it does make it clear that Trump and his crew care more about this pissing match with the NFL than the suffering in Puerto Rico, the mass shooting in Las Vegas, healthcare coverage being lost by poor children, Nazis marching in Charlottesville again, etc.

Likewise, the NFL probably only cares about this since Trump/Pence tried to upstage Peyton Manning when he was being honored by the Colts.

14 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Pence wasted your tax payer money to sow divisiveness and enrage his white base, which obviously includes you. 

I feel sorry for you.

2 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Nah, drama queen antics are just a distraction... though it does make it clear that Trump and his crew care more about this pissing match with the NFL than the suffering in Puerto Rico, the mass shooting in Las Vegas, healthcare coverage being lost by poor children, Nazis marching in Charlottesville again, etc.

Likewise, the NFL probably only cares about this since Trump/Pence tried to upstage Peyton Manning when he was being honored by the Colts.

I'm with you on one point.  They rained on Manning's parade.   

3 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Peter King got pretty triggered over this :lol:

The Great American likes this

7 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Pence wasted your tax payer money to sow divisiveness and enrage his white base, which obviously includes you. 

I feel sorry for you.

He sent a message, a very costly message.

11 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

His base doesn't care about those things so why should he? Americans suffering doesn't cause anger.....NFL players kneeling though......gotta get your priorities straight.

2 minutes ago, The Great American said:

He sent a message, a very costly message.

We already had the message that this was an administration that prioritizes anger and divisiveness over everything.

If every NFL player stands next week....what happens? What improves? Is Trump all of a sudden going to become a unifier? Is he going to stop being divisive and inflammatory? What was the message?

I think the message was pretty clear today.  

It was. It is pretty undeniable now that Trump cares more about the NFL protests than human suffering in this country.

I think the message was pretty clear today.  

Me too.

If you disagree with a person over their politics it's fine to mock them for being a prisoner of war and being captured. Literally disrespecting a vet who was tortured because of his political leanings.....perfectly fine. Athletes kneeling for the anthem and exercising the rights privided to them for a cause they believe in that is way beyond politics....a bridge too far. 

The message is that some people believe in respecting a symbol over the actual values and rights it stands for. It's pretty clear.

Also....to be fair Trump mocked every prisoner of war ever. The man who became POTUS mocked every prisoner of war......but NFL players kneeling during the national anthem is just too much.

Think about that. 

2 minutes ago, The Great American said:

What am I?

As far as I can tell.....a decent guy who is willing to bend his morals to fit the ****head we have as president right now.

mdrake34 likes this

1 minute ago, Jpowers said:

Also....to be fair Trump mocked every prisoner of war ever. The man who became POTUS mocked every prisoner of war......but NFL players kneeling during the national anthem is just too much.

Think about that. 

I think at this point we all know it is the agenda not the method many of them actually don't like but they're too afraid to admit it and need the pretext.

It's easier to take an athletes protest over police brutality or the support of his brother's free speech and declare that they're "disrespecting the troops! " and "hating American!" even though literally nobody said that.

6 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

As far as I can tell.....a decent guy who is willing to bend his morals to fit the ****head we have as president right now.

I'm certainly not perfect but I would never compromise my standards for any politician.  I might would have taken a bullet for W at one time .   

I'm certainly not perfect but I would never compromise my standards for any politician.  I might would take a bullet for W at one time .   

Did you condemn Trump when he disrespected every POW ever? You've been pretty involved in this convo.