Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zaphod

Why are some of y'all so mad at Kap?

1,616 posts in this topic

Just now, mdrake34 said:

That doesn't even make sense. 

There's a broader message that extends beyond anthems and protests.  I have a hard time believing you're unable to comprehend.  

On 9/30/2017 at 9:31 PM, The Great American said:

I think you're being fed a load of crap.  When are you going to face the fact that there's a lot if violence in our society that has to be dealt with? 

I agree that people are responsible for their own decisions, but you are looking at minority interaction with cops from your point of view....a point of view that has never dealt with systematic oppression 

it isn't like things were going great for black people and all of a sudden they turned feral and the police had to start putting them down

there has never been a time in American history where there hasn't been systematic issues. Is it better than it used to be? undoubtedly 

but now society is disingenuous about it. slavery was horrible, but at least the law and society were honest about how black were viewed and being treated. now we want to pretend that there is a level playing field in society and the legal system and that is a lie and it completely halts any progress 

I read more stories about systematic oppression with Muslims in America than with the Black population.  Maybe not from a police perspective but just in general.

I've lived in small towns and I've lived in New Orleans. I still believe that when it comes to law enforcement, people bring most of their problems on themselves.  Police want peace and order in their districts and when a person of any color resist arrests, he/she is going to have a major problem.  One thing my parents instilled in me at a young age was that policemen are our friends.  If you're polite and cooperate then you shouldn't have any issues.  It almost sounds like from the arguments I'm hearing is that police are blood-thirsty and they're doing their dead-level best to make life a living **** for any member of the Black population.  Sure they make mistakes.  But the last time I looked police shootings were about 50/50 between white and blacks.             

21 minutes ago, The Legendary SB said:

The Dolphins offense has been useless this season.  My bro is a Dolphins fan and he says the biggest problem is that the offensive line is a complete mess and is complete garbage.  Saying they need to probably add 3-4 quality OL in the draft or free agency next year.  

While Cutler is no Peyton Manning and never will be, he doesn't deserve all of the blame.  

I'm not saying he deserves all of the blame, I'm saying there wasn't any point in signing him aside from having a name.

2 minutes ago, Serge said:

I'm not saying he deserves all of the blame, I'm saying there wasn't any point in signing him aside from having a name.

He was worth it for the memes. 

Billy Ocean and Serge like this

You know, if they had a guy with some mobility, even if they couldn't utilize the whole passing game, they could at least run some read-option, get him out of the pocket, maybe establish a running game and build a short passing game off of it, maybe at least have a chance against the Jets and the Saints.

32 minutes ago, Dago 3.0 said:

the only reason I can fathom for not getting Kaep in Miami is that Kaep is apparently not well liked in Miami (whether fair or unfair) because there is no question he is an upgrade to Cutler

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

Did you see him on that wildcat play? I still haven't stopped laughing. 

Serge likes this

2 minutes ago, Zaphod said:

Did you see him on that wildcat play? I still haven't stopped laughing. 

that was ******* hilarious

if I were Miami I would be signing the two most promising QBs off someone's practice squad and pray to strike gold

Serge likes this

1 minute ago, Dago 3.0 said:

that was ******* hilarious

if I were Miami I would be signing the two most promising QBs off someone's practice squad and pray to strike gold

Somehow I think his number of given ****s is in negative numbers. 

Edited by Zaphod

Found this in another forum and just had to share it:

"Participant
CheveliarOct 6, 17 at 7:25 am #1030463

As a veteran I’m not offended. Because I know why I served in the military. I didn’t serve because of a song nor did I served because of a flag. Those are nothing more than symbols of our freedom. The document that gives us those freedoms is called the Constitution. In it reads all of the rights and responsibilities of being a citizen in our country. I served to uphold those beliefs written in the constitution.

Here is the Oath of Enlistment
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

Here is the Oath of Commissioned Officers
I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”

For you offended veterans I hope you reread this and remember why you served. For those who’ve never picked up a weapon, guarded a post, or gone to battle please STFU!!!! You know nothing about the sacrifice we went through so you can spew the crazy insensitive things you say trying to take up for me, the veteran, you have no freaking clue!!! I don’t need or want your support as it is clearly unfounded, uninformed, and plain ignorant.

Everyone has a platform to speak their mind. These players have a bigger platform because we as fans have given it to them. Now that they are using it in a manner that makes some uncomfortable you want to take it back. As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast, my friend” The horses are out of the barn and are not coming back.

You may not like the kneeling and sitting for the National Anthem, but what other way will their voices be heard? What else could they do that would be as powerful as what they do today? People are not listening now and taking these peaceful protests out of context. Which says to me no matter what they did to protest we’d still be arguing about the wrong things. I leave you with the first amendment to read as well.

The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Neither the two oaths nor the first amendment make any mention of how to treat the Star Spangled Banner or the Flag. However the Oaths clearly say as a soldier I will uphold the Constitution. The first amendment doesn’t cover sitting or standing for a song or the flag. However, it states how people have the right to free speech, to assemble peacefully, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. I respect your right to take umbrage with the protests, I do not respect the opinion that this is the wrong platform to use, that this is senseless, or that these men are not intelligent enough to know what they are doing in asking the government to redress their grievance. Which is to say the killing of innocent people of color by those sworn to protect us and our community is wrong. And it needs to be, at the very least, talked about. But they can’t even get a **** conversation because that person elected President wants to continue to divide our country with his words and actions. Look past the flag and the song and see the injustice!"

On 10/3/2017 at 3:34 PM, Dago 3.0 said:

the only reason I can fathom for not getting Kaep in Miami is that Kaep is apparently not well liked in Miami (whether fair or unfair) because there is no question he is an upgrade to Cutler

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

Kaep is un-hireable at this point.  The moment he signs, a team they will lose a portion of its fan base.  It's a business decision by the owners.  I do think he would do well in the Canadian Football League ... that is, if he can find something to protest up there.    

On 10/5/2017 at 10:17 PM, Psychic Gibbon said:

He’s a ****** president for starters.

and a narcissistic maniacal megalomaniac for 2nds,,,

On 8/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, Zaphod said:

Based on certain responses to the Charlottesville protests, y'all seem to be fans of protests. 

What I don't get is, Colin is exercising his right to protest in literally the most peaceful way possible. He's not hurting anyone, he's not impeding anything...****, it's not like he's even burning the flag or something. He is simply quietly kneeling during the anthem in protest. Why is this more offensive to some of you than literal white supremacists angrily marching and shouting racist ****? 

Help me understand. 

Statism is the most dangerous religion. We've all been indoctrinated since birth to fear and attack anyone who does not obey social prerequisites such as standing for the National Anthem. Mix in unquestioning support of the American troops leveraged by duplicitous politicians eager to manipulate voters with the common theme of National Patriotism and you have a nice recipe for more fear, distrust and overt abuse. This helps explain part of it.

The other part is in the eyes of Joe Public, Colin is akin to Michael Vick after the dog-fighting charges except without the talent. He is certainly not the worst QB ever to play (I would have traded Kurt Kittner and Doug Johnson for him right?) but also in my opinion overrated due to play one year on the field that did not reproduce any other and seemed to regress...

In my opinion alone, I don't care if he stands, sits, reads a book or whatever, if he is the right player he is the right player. If not then he does not have a slot on my team. The other flag stuff is just an excuse for rude indoctrinated people to value-signal their moral superiority based on collective group-think. And it is lazy.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Cool boycott, guys.

Gonna be hard to concentrate on the game while he's trying to convince himself that his wife is a spiritual force field guarding him from the two women's ankles behind him.